Tim Erixon Comparable

the word*

Marc Staal. Erixon's going to be a great player and the Rangers put together an awesome young defense.

asmodeanreborn

Jun 14, 2010
Longmont, CO
Marc Staal. Erixon's going to be a great player and the Rangers put together an awesome young defense.

I'm not sure I agree with this at all. Erixon's a solid player and all, but I don't think he plays much like Staal at all, even though he's reliable in all zones. Also, Staal's a much better player now, and likely will remain so for the duration of their careers.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Marc Staal? have you ever seen Erixon play? That's a horrible comparison. He's got solid potential as top 4 offensive defenceman.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
I thought of Ryan Suter. Is that completely wrong? didnt watch many Skelleftea AIK games this season at all so..

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Matthias ohlund before injuries os what I see in wjc and scoutingreports. I don't think he is as defensive as staal.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
According to the scouting reports, to me he sounds like how James Patrick played when he was a Ranger. but I havent seen Erixon in person.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What about Niklas Hjalmarsson? Steady not spectacular Swede who contributes to the transition game but not really offensive production.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Marc Staal? have you ever seen Erixon play? That's a horrible comparison. He's got solid potential as top 4 offensive defenceman.

Yikes, you're ripping him for not having seen Erixon play but have you? Offensive dman? I think you're the first person who has ever projected him to be that.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

I believe coming out of the draft he was compared to Mathias Ohlund and watching him play I don't think it's that far off. He's clearly not the physical presence ohlund is or was though.

donpaulo

Capt Barry Beck
May 19, 2003
nihon
www.billcorfield.com
the great thing about the situation is that Erixon can ease into 3rd pairing minutes and learn the NHL game from a group of guys who are basically his age. Wow NY's blueline is really starting to look like something special.

He doesn't have to really do anything except avoid mistakes so any offense he provides is icing on the cake.

Having Jan for a dad really smooths the way into MSG as well.

Its just a win win situation for both Tim and the Rangers.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Just curious, in terms of future potential, how would people rank all of NYRs relatively young dmen? Basically rank the following in terms of how good you think they'll be in their primes:
- Staal
- McDonagh
- Girardi (not THAT young, but young enough)
- Sauer
- MDZ
- Erixon
- McIlrath

I must say, Erixon chose a pretty stacked group to join, he's gonna have to work hard to lock down a roster spot in the coming years.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
My guess is that Erixon is going to be a pretty productive d-man in NHL. His slapshot is very good and he works fine on the PP. So the comparison with Hjalmarsson and Gunnarsson that haven't shown much offensive potential doesn't really fly for me. You could tell even in this Wc that Erixon was a better option than Gunnarsson on the PP. Öhlund is hopefully a better comparison, Öhlund was great in his prime.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Just curious, in terms of future potential, how would people rank all of NYRs relatively young dmen? Basically rank the following in terms of how good you think they'll be in their primes:
- Staal
- McDonagh
- Girardi (not THAT young, but young enough)
- Sauer
- MDZ
- Erixon
- McIlrath

I must say, Erixon chose a pretty stacked group to join, he's gonna have to work hard to lock down a roster spot in the coming years.

Pretty tough considering many of them have different aspects to their games, but I think Staal and McDonagh have the best overall ability at the moment. Erixon might join them there.

It is a "stacked" group, but at the moment only the top four is locked down and there's plenty of room for Erixon to make the roster this season and start establishing himself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad