Confirmed with Link: Tim Bernhardt Parts Ways With Coyotes

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Its not his 5 on 5 production, that will be fine, he won't be judged harshly for that. Its his all around play without the puck 5 on 5, he needs to be better.
You always say this. I disagree. I think his 5 on 5 production is holding him back. If he had 12 pts. we wouldn't be talking about his defensive play. The problem is when you are saddled with fourth line wingers every game you can't expect much production or possession so all eyes look at how well you do defensively. RT has not put Strome in a position to succeed, but maybe as someone mentioned that could be their plan for him and let him develop further, I don't know, but where else in the line up does he go. I really don't care who he plays with, it's how HE plays and his biggest problem right now is consistency. He is a passive player to begin with but when he doesn't assert himself or like someone mentioned, is hesitant, he looks and is ineffective. It's really up to Strome at this point to show consistency. Perlini and Fischer have consistency issues also which is very common among young players, so maybe the plan is play them and let them gain experience and develop. All three are young, but we need more from them if this team is to be better.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You always say this. I disagree. I think his 5 on 5 production is holding him back. If he had 12 pts. we wouldn't be talking about his defensive play. The problem is when you are saddled with fourth line wingers every game you can't expect much production or possession so all eyes look at how well you do defensively. RT has not put Strome in a position to succeed, but maybe as someone mentioned that could be their plan for him and let him develop further, I don't know, but where else in the line up does he go. I really don't care who he plays with, it's how HE plays and his biggest problem right now is consistency. He is a passive player to begin with but when he doesn't assert himself or like someone mentioned, is hesitant, he looks and is ineffective. It's really up to Strome at this point to show consistency. Perlini and Fischer have consistency issues also which is very common among young players, so maybe the plan is play them and let them gain experience and develop. All three are young, but we need more from them if this team is to be better.
Your only as strong as your weekest link. Tocc can’t give strome more 5 on 5 minutes on the second or third line because he is a defensive liability. He has to defend against tougher competition on higher lines. I agree his scoring is limited on the 4th line, so we shouldn’t expect ppg. Maybe tocc wants him to play more complete like his line mates. It’s rediculous to think Tocc is stupid or holding him back with his skills. I think they have bent over backwards to help Strome develope, not the opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
If Dvorak was healthy, I don't know why we wouldn't put Strome on the wing of Chucky/Keller or Stepan/Keller or Chucky/Hinostroza or Dvorak for that matter. Strome can't do worse than what we've seen from playing Crouse on the 1st line or Panik. Although I must say when Panik is engaged he's effective on the top 2 lines, the unfortunate part is that he isn't engaged all the time and that is why we were able to get him for Duclair (Our own inconsistent engagement player)

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Your only as strong as your weekest link. Tocc can’t give strome more 5 on 5 minutes on the second or third line because he is a defensive liability. He has to defend against tougher competition on higher lines. I agree his scoring is limited on the 4th line, so we shouldn’t expect ppg. Maybe tocc wants him to play more complete like his line mates. It’s rediculous to think Tocc is stupid or holding him back with his skills. I think they have bent over backwards to help Stone develope, not the opposite.

I agree. Look at how Montreal is bringing Kotkaniemi along. Slowly and carefully on the third line and quite protected by veteran wingers. Still, Kotkaniemi has played very well in his own right. It's not all about your line mates and numbers, you have to show you belong. Giving Strome chance after chance to show he belongs is the wrong way around, he has to show he is solid and deserves to be there when he is on the ice.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Cant embed a LinkedIn video but here is a quick link about Martin St.Louis.

https://dms.licdn.com/playback/C560...t=PeSGTlDW6zoMYxZABsSU8jZbJ3I02so23AdtdVTMVc4

Just some food for thought when it comes to Strome.

Positive psychology is a relatively new field but athletes have been really pushing it, along with coaches. There aren't many negative taskmaskers around anymore and they don't last long if they land a job. Look at Tort's evolution. The problem is that you can't just say positive things as a leader. Your actions have to follow up on those words. Putting Strome on the 4th line or even scratching him after a good game are not helping his mindset. He probably already has enough negativity kicking around in his head as-is. You think he doesn't know his status relative to his draft mates? You think he doesn't notice when Panik can go straight from the press box to the 1st line but he can't buy TOI?

They should come out and reaffirm that they aren't trading him and will continue to work with him so long as he puts in the effort. It would help a lot if he had someone worth passing to as well.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If Dvorak was healthy, I don't know why we wouldn't put Strome on the wing of Chucky/Keller or Stepan/Keller or Chucky/Hinostroza or Dvorak for that matter.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he'd be playing wing, probably scratched a little more frequently though. They were openly talking about doing this in camp before Dvorak's injury was confirmed to take him out long term.

I think between Morin and Morgan they must have written a couple dozen paragraphs in August about how the Coyotes didn't have to trade a center. I'm sure that came straight from the team.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Positive psychology is a relatively new field but athletes have been really pushing it, along with coaches. There aren't many negative taskmaskers around anymore and they don't last long if they land a job. Look at Tort's evolution. The problem is that you can't just say positive things as a leader. Your actions have to follow up on those words. Putting Strome on the 4th line or even scratching him after a good game are not helping his mindset. He probably already has enough negativity kicking around in his head as-is. You think he doesn't know his status relative to his draft mates? You think he doesn't notice when Panik can go straight from the press box to the 1st line but he can't buy TOI?

They should come out and reaffirm that they aren't trading him and will continue to work with him so long as he puts in the effort. It would help a lot if he had someone worth passing to as well.
Yeah, I should have elaborated..

I was more talking about the time it took for MSL to "make it" in the league. This was less about something to enroll Dylan into and more about being patient with him. :laugh:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yeah, I should have elaborated..

I was more talking about the time it took for MSL to "make it" in the league. This was less about something to enroll Dylan into and more about being patient with him. :laugh:

Patience is a form of positivity. The less he's reminded of the cliff (aka out of the league), the better. Especially on the 4th line, why would he realistically come out of the lineup? So Cousins can play center? F that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad