News Article: Tikhonov testing FA; Boedker negotiations "slow"

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The Blues would be an interesting landing spot for Boedker. Maybe something around Berglund and Oshie.

The Oshie idea is interesting. The Blues bringing back Hitchcock is a good indication that they've decided to change up their core. I don't like Oshie being 3 yrs older than Boedker, but his 4.5M contract is reasonable, and really what Boedker should be looking at.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
The Oshie idea is interesting. The Blues bringing back Hitchcock is a good indication that they've decided to change up their core. I don't like Oshie being 3 yrs older than Boedker, but his 4.5M contract is reasonable, and really what Boedker should be looking at.

If Boedker can land both of those, plus a decent prospect like Vanelli/Husso, it would be interesting for me as well.

Oshie is someone that can probably nab a 1st at the deadline (especially since he has another year left after next). Berglund would be able to keep the 2C spot warm for Dvorak or someone else (assuming Hanzal is healthy), and also can be dealt for other assets or to move up next year.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
So we start from scratch this year. The new crew in Springfield is a good start. We have quality players in the pipeline. I just don't want to squander these players on bad trades. I know Maloney talked about 2 or three rookies next year but I would really like to see 4 or 5. We need Domi, Duclair, Samuelsson and I think Dvorak. Perhaps Perlini will be ready. Sprinkle in one or two new vets and we have the makings of a good team ready for the playoffs in about 2 years, ready to challenge in 3 or 4 years.

I think dvorak needs another year. He looked good for his age in Portland but he didn't stick out too much. Granted it was a very small sample. Perlini looked pretty good.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I would not be shocked if Boedker's camp is asking for 4+ years at over $5 M per.

Don't expect this negotiation to be simple. That type of term/$ is reserved for core players and my concern is 2-3 years fr now Boedker will be sliding down our depth chart and will be at some point expendable.

AZ might offer 1 year at $3.5M-$4.5M and ride this out to UFA. Potential trade deadline selling piece.

There is no way the Coyotes would offer to sign him for just 1 year. They'll go to arbitration 1st.

My guess is that Boedker wants multi-years, The Coyotes want a 2-3 year deal. If goes to arbitration, he'll take the 1 year and then the Coyotes trade him.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
No leverage? He's our most talented roster player. And he's seen how easy it was for rfa buddy turris to get into first line senators

Most talented forward, not player. I'm a huge Boedker fan, but in this case he hasn't proven anything. Then again, GMDM seems like a pain in the ass to deal with when it comes to contracts.

Also, I doubt anyone wants to play for this team.

I don't even care anymore. This organization is such a cluster.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
5x4m
3x4.5m
2x5m

No NTC. My offer. Pick one. Or piss off, and we'll move you whenever and wherever we please.

I'm tired of Boedker - a player that has proven absolutely nothing - being a contract pain.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
5x4m
3x4.5m
2x5m

No NTC. My offer. Pick one. Or piss off, and we'll move you whenever and wherever we please.

I'm tired of Boedker - a player that has proven absolutely nothing - being a contract pain.

Boedker is 110th in scoring for forwards over the past 3 seasons.

He's 5 pts behind Doan in that regard, with 20 less points.

In PPG he's 107th to Doan's 130th.

That's roughly 1st line production.

This is with him having awful linemates and defensive responsibilities as well.

He's on par with Kesler, Bonino, Ennis, Tatar, J Staal etc. While I think all of what you offered is pretty fair, there's no way we shouldn't be trying to sign this guy. Even as a 3rd line player who can slot in on the 2nd, 4m isn't that much especially given his age.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Be honest, after REALLY looking at this list, can you really get excited about ANY of them?? My opinions in red.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS (with last season's salary)
Mark Arcbello: $600,000 yes
Mikkel Boedker: $2.8M yes
Tye McGinn: $600,000 no
Craig Cunningham: $600,000 no
John Moore: $850,850 maybe
Brandon Gormley: $810,000 no
Klas Dahlbeck: $620,000 maybe
Louis Domingue: $550,000 no
Note: Restricted free agents must sign NHL contracts by Dec. 1 or they are not eligible to play in the NHL for the rest of the season.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
*Viktor Tikhonov (pictured above, played in KHL) no- waste of time pursuing him
**Martin Erat: $2.25M no- huge disappointment
B.J. Crombeen: $1.150M no
David Moss: $800,000 please NO
Justin Hodgman: $550,000 no- but not given true chance
Andrew Campbell: $550,000 no

MINOR LEAGUE RFAs
Greg Carey no
Mark Visentin no
Brendan Shinnimin no
Jordan Martinook no
Michael Lee no
Darian Dziurzynski no
Philip Lane no
Philip Samuelsson yes

MINOR LEAGUE UFAs
David Leggio no
Alex Bolduc no
Patrick McNeill no
Dylan Reese no
Mike McKenna no
* -- The Coyotes own Tikhonov's rights until July 1
** -- Washington retained half of Erat's salary

McNeill's not in the organization---went to Europe ERC Ingolstedt (DEL) (6/1/15)

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Let's make it interesting;

Offer Boeds 4 years at 4.375avg, heavily front loaded:

Year 1: 10mil
Year 2-4: 2.5mil

He gets reasonable average and term.

We get a decent cap hit to hit the floor next season and have little real money left over for the first year to bring in any big names because of internal salary restrictions, this allows us to essentially do what we should have done this year and suck from the start of the year.
Then we only pay 2.5 for the next 3 years when we plan to start being competitive, allowing us to throw more money at other helpful pieces.

:naughty:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I have not interest in Oshie, for Boedker. I would like to keep Boedker, but at a reasonable contract.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Boedker is 110th in scoring for forwards over the past 3 seasons.

He's 5 pts behind Doan in that regard, with 20 less points.

In PPG he's 107th to Doan's 130th.

That's roughly 1st line production.

This is with him having awful linemates and defensive responsibilities as well.

He's on par with Kesler, Bonino, Ennis, Tatar, J Staal etc. While I think all of what you offered is pretty fair, there's no way we shouldn't be trying to sign this guy. Even as a 3rd line player who can slot in on the 2nd, 4m isn't that much especially given his age.

Good post. Where did you find those stats?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
No leverage? He's our most talented roster player. And he's seen how easy it was for rfa buddy turris to get into first line senators
Yes, no leverage. What's he going to do, walk? He can't, he's an RFA. His only real recourse is to hold out and that's not much of a threat to a team that's likely going to suck anyway.

To be clear, I really hope they sign Boeds, I'm just saying at this point and time he's not in a position of power when it comes to negotiations.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He seems to think he's in a position to play hard. He did that last contract too, for no real reason.

Maloney had no problem signing OEL, so what's the deal here? It's the player.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
one is in Denmark and the other is at the combine. a deal ain't gonna happen soon. His last contract was agood one for the Coyotes and from all indications, it will be worked out and just shows the impatience of some fans. If anything this team needs more Danes and Swedes...

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
He seems to think he's in a position to play hard. He did that last contract too, for no real reason.

Maloney had no problem signing OEL, so what's the deal here? It's the player.

It's the agent, more likely. Boedker doesn't seem the personality type who would make things this hard on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad