Tiger Woods Appreciation Thread part II

Sep 19, 2008
Truth was, Woods delivered a heartfelt speech about his injuries, about how he couldn't "participate in life" and play with his kids two years ago and about how he thought his career was over. He thanked the assembled golf writers for promoting the game and for meeting his comeback with supportive commentary.
"I can't thank you enough," Tiger said.
Some people in the audience were stunned; they had never heard Woods speak in such endearing tones, especially about the media. But time and circumstance conspired to change the man, for the better, making him an easier contender to root for than he was in the past. Now, he finds himself on the perimeter of contention at the Masters with 54 holes to play, behind some big names with big games. Is a Woods victory still plausible?
"Tiger could be 75 years old," PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan recently told ESPN, "and if he showed up at a tournament, I would say he has a chance to win."
Woods certainly showed up at a tournament on Thursday, something he thought would never again be possible. He has overcome something much more daunting than a four-stroke Masters deficit. Don't count him out yet.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Truth was, Woods delivered a heartfelt speech about his injuries, about how he couldn't "participate in life" and play with his kids two years ago and about how he thought his career was over. He thanked the assembled golf writers for promoting the game and for meeting his comeback with supportive commentary.
"I can't thank you enough," Tiger said.
Some people in the audience were stunned; they had never heard Woods speak in such endearing tones, especially about the media. But time and circumstance conspired to change the man, for the better, making him an easier contender to root for than he was in the past. Now, he finds himself on the perimeter of contention at the Masters with 54 holes to play, behind some big names with big games. Is a Woods victory still plausible?
"Tiger could be 75 years old," PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan recently told ESPN, "and if he showed up at a tournament, I would say he has a chance to win."
Woods certainly showed up at a tournament on Thursday, something he thought would never again be possible. He has overcome something much more daunting than a four-stroke Masters deficit. Don't count him out yet.

a bit hyperboles after just 18 holes imo

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
image0.jpg

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
I am literally in tears watching @TigerWoods this is Greatness like no other. Knowing all you have been through physically to come back and do what you just did today? Wow Congrats a million times! I am so inspired thank you buddy.
— Serena Williams (@serenawilliams) April 14, 2019

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->