Confirmed with Link: Tierney re-signs to 2 year deal 2.9375 AAV

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Trouba and Panarin are my wish list. I also think Ryan could be a solid pick up with 2+ in retention (so anything under 6). Similar to the Kessel trade that put Pittsburgh over the top in 2016. I would also be okay with Nash on a sweetheart deal to chase a cup. I don’t want him with term, but he could prove to be a good depth piece. Similar to Zubrus in 2016.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Seriously.

Vlasic - Trouba
Ryan - Burns
Dillon - Heed

would be absolutely godly. Mobility, physicality, shutdown ability, and PP weapons abound.

Honestly that’s my dream defense. I think Trouba would be an incredible partner for Vlasic. He’s quite a bit bigger and stronger than Braun, not to mention younger, and would be better equipped to take the physical punishment that comes with being Vlasic’s partner. He can move the puck very well, which helps Vlasic a lot. And most importantly, having a guy just as good as Vlasic defensively as his partner means that there is no “weak side” of the ice for other teams to exploit. You can’t just bypass Vlasic and go for Vlasic’s partner if his partner is every bit as good as him.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Reminding everyone that Trouba had a terrible playoffs where Vegas torched him down the right side. Granted, even Vlasic was unable to shutdown Karlsson and Marchessault, but in his prime, Vlasic could snuff out the hottest of flames.

Trouba relies too much on his physical gifts. Shifty cerebral players will constantly get the better of him.

Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don’t even like Tierney much, but this doesn’t seem bad for a guy who just had a 40 point season.

Sadly, I’m not sure he has a 40 point season again next year. It might only be 25-30 points, but I think this deal is fair for now.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Seems like Trouba is looking for a huge pay day. I don’t know I’d be comfortable locking up that much cap on defense unless it’s for EK65. That in itself seems unlikely so I hope we use the cap to replace Thornton’s inevitable retirement whomever that may be.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Trouba's contract demands just seem ridiculous to me. Vlasic in his sixth season was making $3.5 million on a four year deal with a $3.1 million cap hit. At the end of that year he extended for five years at a flat $4.25 million/season for five years. For sure, the cap has gone up, but Vlasic is better than Trouba was at that age.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Trouba's contract demands just seem ridiculous to me. Vlasic in his sixth season was making $3.5 million on a four year deal with a $3.1 million cap hit. At the end of that year he extended for five years at a flat $4.25 million/season for five years. For sure, the cap has gone up, but Vlasic is better than Trouba was at that age.

I disagree with that. Trouba is significantly better offensively than Vlasic was at that age. He is worse defensively than Vlasic at that age but Trouba is consistently producing at a 30+ point pace over 82 games. Vlasic's production was significantly lower than that.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I disagree with that. Trouba is significantly better offensively than Vlasic was at that age. He is worse defensively than Vlasic at that age but Trouba is consistently producing at a 30+ point pace over 82 games. Vlasic's production was significantly lower than that.

Yeah vlasics career year in which he will never come even close to again was 39 points in 67 games. 47 point pace. That year is the defintion of a outlier season.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Yeah vlasics career year in which he will never come even close to again was 39 points in 67 games. 47 point pace. That year is the defintion of a outlier season.

If memory serves he was getting 1st unit PP time with Blake, so while not likely to be repeated it had more to do with utilization than being pure anomaly.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If memory serves he was getting 1st unit PP time with Blake, so while not likely to be repeated it had more to do with utilization than being pure anomaly.

Your memory is way off. Blake had been retired for 5 years already by the career year happened.

The blake year was also a good year.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I was thinking of the 36 point 2008-2009 campaign, didn't realize he had topped that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad