GDT: Tier 2 Status | Hurricanes @ CBJ | 7pm | 3/15/2019

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I got that sense from him, some interviews after TDL, he was really excited to play with #95 on the line. But then it was back to basic.. and... "oh well, you again."

It's just speculation, i have no AP sources.

He did play with Duchene for a couple games, and wasn't very good. I didn't see a glimmer of excitement.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would look to see if we have at least one semi-soft game and bench Panarin. Let him watch the game up in the suite w/ JD and JK. He is not giving us his best effort. Let him sit with the management watching for one game. To me the disappearance of our first line is the disappearance of Panarin.

Panarin really likes days off, so that might not be such good punishment for him. I would put him on a line with Dubinsky instead. :laugh: :laugh: :D :D

Reactions: MoeBartoli

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
So much for saying we need Bob to steal one for us. He just did that.

I would look to see if we have at least one semi-soft game and bench Panarin. Let him watch the game up in the suite w/ JD and JK. He is not giving us his best effort. Let him sit with the management watching for one game. To me the disappearance of our first line is the disappearance of Panarin.
Panarin is scoring points and creating chances, he’s fine

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Sounds like you want abbreviations as gifts, so....HBD to you. Hope the CBJ score on the PP, Bob gets an SO, and we'll all be happy together, FFS.
The CBJ did not score on the PP but rather on the PK. Andy with the SH-EN and Bob did get the SO (in spectacular fashion). So that's enough for one day.

Reactions: CBJ goalie

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
He did play with Duchene for a couple games, and wasn't very good. I didn't see a glimmer of excitement.
I was wondering if bringing Duchene in at the deadline and immediately replacing him on the first line shook him up from a mental/confidence standpoint. He didn't look good centering Dzingle and Bjorkstrand and hasn't looked good since he's been reunited with Cam and Bread. And with 19-95-77 becoming a thing, it would be awesome to get the original top line going again.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Great win completely attributed to Bob...2 goals from the D (those notable offensive powerhouses McQuaid & Savard)...giving up 47 shots...outshot 22-2 in the 2nd...yikes a win but...as DSL said earlier-take the 2 points and I'll add - run.

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
Nice to be on the other side of these games.... looking back to the 2-0 loss to NYI, hitting posts and outchancing them, only to lose....not tonight!

I thought this too. Canes were doing everything, except scoring. Any bounce went our way last night, shots hitting the post, rebounds falling right in front of Bob, etc.
Almost felt badly for Canes fans.
Almost.
Yeah guys, we know how you feel.

Reactions: CBJ goalie

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I thought this too. Canes were doing everything, except scoring. Any bounce went our way last night, shots hitting the post, rebounds falling right in front of Bob, etc.
Almost felt badly for Canes fans.
Almost.
Yeah guys, we know how you feel.
Thing is, they didn’t deserve to win last nights game , just like we don’t when we throw a 1000 pucks into the goalies crest from the perimeter . Jackets totally shut down their transition game , and they couldn’t create any real pressure as the jackets kept them away from any real scoring threat . I wasn’t thrilled with our offense , but once we got up 2-0 , we totally went to a shut down game plan

Reactions: Columbus Mike

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
giphy.gif

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Thing is, they didn’t deserve to win last nights game , just like we don’t when we throw a 1000 pucks into the goalies crest from the perimeter . Jackets totally shut down their transition game , and they couldn’t create any real pressure as the jackets kept them away from any real scoring threat . I wasn’t thrilled with our offense , but once we got up 2-0 , we totally went to a shut down game plan

Yep. Conserve energy for tonight

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I kept telling pops, Bob is living right. Bob must have said his prayers last night. What a lopsided game, and to be able to pull that one out was nothing short of being very fortunate.

Crowd wasn't bad, quite a few CBJ and LGJ chants. More of waiting for the inevitable to happen, which always seems to on a weekend sellout or near sellout. The biggest response from the crowd was spotting Gene Simmons!

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I kept telling pops, Bob is living right. Bob must have said his prayers last night. What a lopsided game, and to be able to pull that one out was nothing short of being very fortunate.

Crowd wasn't bad, quite a few CBJ and LGJ chants. More of waiting for the inevitable to happen, which always seems to on a weekend sellout or near sellout. The biggest response from the crowd was spotting Gene Simmons!
Actually, the biggest response was giving Bob a standing O during a timeout late in the third.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
We didn't deserve to lose against the Islanders either. It all balances out over 82 games.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The other thing that helped us was that the Canes' shooting accuracy seemed to represent an entire team full of Jack Johnson's. When they had good shots, they seemed to shoot 10 feet wide of the net.

One complaint: I still do not agree with the promotion of Nash to the 3rd line where he had done nothing and the demotion of Bjork to the 4th line. Nash does absolutely nothing from an offensive standpoint on that line with Foligno and Jenner.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Sorry Bread Man. Can’t agree with you.

I’d suggest reading Alison Lukan’s summary on the expected results based on play and scoring chances as it tells the opposite story (and matches what my eyeballs saw). This game was won because Bob outperformed expectations.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The other thing that helped us was that the Canes' shooting accuracy seemed to represent an entire team full of Jack Johnson's. When they had good shots, they seemed to shoot 10 feet wide of the net.

One complaint: I still do not agree with the promotion of Nash to the 3rd line where he had done nothing and the demotion of Bjork to the 4th line. Nash does absolutely nothing from an offensive standpoint on that line with Foligno and Jenner.
Five “likes” on your complaint

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I think the idea there is that Nash isn't there to provide offense, he's there to be a defensive guy. And he does that reasonably well. That said, I'd like to see Bjorkstrand there too.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Why does a line with Jenner & Foligno need more defense? They are both strong defenders. What that line needs is a shot of skill such as Bjork could provide.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think the idea there is that Nash isn't there to provide offense, he's there to be a defensive guy. And he does that reasonably well. That said, I'd like to see Bjorkstrand there too.

Torts doesn't trust Bjorkstrand enough to put him in defensive situations. Bjorkstrand has the lowest goals against rate on the team, but he's a skinny kid, so you know how that goes.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Why does a line with Jenner & Foligno need more defense? They are both strong defenders. What that line needs is a shot of skill such as Bjork could provide.
Not trying to defend it per se; just trying to follow the ostensible logical chain, even if it seems faulty to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad