GDT: Tier 2 Status | Hurricanes @ CBJ | 7pm | 3/15/2019

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I've never really wanted a pro jersey at any point in my life, but I wish I had that Bobrovsky game worn jersey from this shutout. Find some way of preserving it so the sweat stays in, nice and cold, like holy water. The Jackets will have much worse goaltending for the next decade, and the memory of Bob's time will be revered.
He played well; confident, on his skates, no flopping, cut down the angles and solid on NO rebounds.... The way a Vezina goalie is expected to play....

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Ok, is this put Flyers out of the race now? OR there is still hope.

Very small window. They need to go 11-0, to get to 98 points. They most likely lose tie breakers to all teams above them on ROW. They need to jump 2 teams. So, IF they won out, they’d still need 2 of 3 things to happen: CBJ would need to go 7-4 or worse and/or Montréal 8-3 or worse and/or Canes 7-5 or worse. Any game flyers lose means CBJ, canes and Habs would need to lose another game.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Panarin creating a shooting chance for someone everytime he’s on the ice. He’s not shooting himself, that’s true

He's creating but not as much as he usually does, and only through nice passes. He sometimes can threaten with his skating and make a mess of the defense, then make a pass to setup a teammate. But lately it's just been skate over the blue line, curl up immediately with no room, then make one nice pass. It's a great tool to have but it's all we've seen lately. The skating and the confidence aren't there right now.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Nice to be on the other side of these games.... looking back to the 2-0 loss to NYI, hitting posts and outchancing them, only to lose....not tonight!

Good job boys, back in the thick of the playoff race.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
He's creating but not as much as he usually does, and only through nice passes. He sometimes can threaten with his skating and make a mess of the defense, then make a pass to setup a teammate. But lately it's just been skate over the blue line, curl up immediately with no room, then make one nice pass. It's a great tool to have but it's all we've seen lately. The skating and the confidence aren't there right now.
PLD has been awfull. Just warm body over there, dumb play after dumb play, it's tough to create something when your center turned into pumpkin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madifer

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
... he’s 20.
20 year old pumpkin! :)

I've never really wanted a pro jersey at any point in my life, but I wish I had that Bobrovsky game worn jersey from this shutout. Find some way of preserving it so the sweat stays in, nice and cold, like holy water. The Jackets will have much worse goaltending for the next decade, and the memory of Bob's time will be revered.
You should rob this girl. :)

Reactions: majormajor

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Home from the game. Weird the complaints about the crowd. Was pretty engaged all night but maybe sometimes to busy holdingnots breath? Was plenty loud at enough times.

Bob was sharp from the beginning but team looked quick and strong in the first. Whether Carolina took it away or the Jackets just got sucky I don’t know but it did, as someone said, seem like the Isle game in reverse.

Take your two points.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
PLD has been awfull. Just warm body over there, dumb play after dumb play, it's tough to create something when your center turned into pumpking.

Total pumpkin. I think PLD is gassed. He's also maybe thrown off by Panarin a bit. His entire pro career is built off of reading off one guy, and now that guy is playing differently.

When the line-o-matic started going tonight I almost didn't mind, it's not like that duo has done anything lately. But who would you put at center with Panarin if not Dubois? I'd honestly consider trying Riley Nash. It's not like Panarin needs a star to work with, a trustworthy simple player would seem to be a step up right now. Dubois at least has a great blast of a shot.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You should rob this girl. :)

I'm not the type to rob. Or buy jerseys. :laugh:

I just hope she appreciates it. And takes good care of it. And builds a massive climate controlled display so the world can forever be in awe of the relic.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
So much for saying we need Bob to steal one for us. He just did that.

I would look to see if we have at least one semi-soft game and bench Panarin. Let him watch the game up in the suite w/ JD and JK. He is not giving us his best effort. Let him sit with the management watching for one game. To me the disappearance of our first line is the disappearance of Panarin.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Total pumpkin. I think PLD is gassed. He's also maybe thrown off by Panarin a bit. His entire pro career is built off of reading off one guy, and now that guy is playing differently.
I got that sense from him, some interviews after TDL, he was really excited to play with #95 on the line. But then it was back to basic.. and... "oh well, you again."

It's just speculation, i have no AP sources.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would look to see if we have at least one semi-soft game and bench Panarin. Let him watch the game up in the suite w/ JD and JK. He is not giving us his best effort. Let him sit with the management watching for one game. To me the disappearance of our first line is the disappearance of Panarin.

I thought the fight dispelled the lack of effort theory. It seems he's just in a slump.

Reactions: Viqsi

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would have started Bob in both parts of the back-to-back, but it's like he already got that workload in one night. Not sure about tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->