tiebreaker

• Zegras

• Necas

Results are only viewable after voting.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Really love both of these kids and think each has 1C talent, but gimme Zegras here since both are still developing and I like his ceiling more. I'm buying the Kuzy comp hard and love the chippiness he started to show alongside those magical hands. I'd take either of them over a number of guys who've already been picked.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Pretty sure Jurco and Pulkinnen both put up close to ppg seasons in the ahl and amounted to nothing.

sure, and I can find you dozens that did as well and became NHLers. I can also find you plenty of 9th OA picks that never even made it to the NHL.... Its a question of whos proven more in the better league, and thats Necas.

Could Zegras end out being better? of course

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
sure, and I can find you dozens that did as well and became NHLers. I can also find you plenty of 9th OA picks that never even made it to the NHL.... Its a question of whos proven more in the better league, and thats Necas.

I agree with you. Also voted Necas. Just don’t think the stat line you posted makes for a surefire nhler.

Reactions: amnesiac

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Good poll, OP. I would go with Zegras. Necas doesn’t have 1C universal upside imo, but has that steady play you would want in a 2C (A/B) situation who can also play wing.

Zegras, from what I’ve seen of the 2 has star potential where Necas doesn’t. That’s my discerning factor.

Both tremendous prospects.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I thought it was a question of who would be better in their primes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad