Classic with Video Tie Domi vs Rob Ray Jan 5, 1996

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
The excitement from the crowd, the announcers...so awesome.

We can thank the soft media and their anti violence stance for why we don't get to enjoy scraps like that regularly anymore, what a damn shame.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
The excitement from the crowd, the announcers...so awesome.

We can thank the soft media and their anti violence stance for why we don't get to enjoy scraps like that regularly anymore, what a damn shame.

I don't think that's true I think the game is just too fast for players like this to get anything close to a regular shift.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I don't think that's true I think the game is just too fast for players like this to get anything close to a regular shift.

And the reason the game is too fast, at least in my opinion, is that influential media types celebrated and pushed for "speed and skill" players above all others from the early 2000's up until now. The transition from the brawny and physical game of the late 90's and early 00's to the speed skating competition that has now existed for several years is complete. It wouldn't have been hard to find a happy medium (crackdown on clutching and grabbing to let three lines worth of skilled players do their thing, while also understanding that a couple spots on the fourth line should be reserved for muckers and fighters who generally end up on the ice against each other). I'd actually argue that from about 2009-2014 we kind of had that. But that still wasn't enough for the woke media, who after satisfactorily sanitizing the present game, have now moved on to attacking previous eras of the league for allowing enforcers and blaming fighting for the supposed concussion epidemic that has afflicted many retired players.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
And the reason the game is too fast, at least in my opinion, is that influential media types celebrated and pushed for "speed and skill" players above all others from the early 2000's up until now. The transition from the brawny and physical game of the late 90's and early 00's to the speed skating competition that has now existed for several years is complete. It wouldn't have been hard to find a happy medium (crackdown on clutching and grabbing to let three lines worth of skilled players do their thing, while also understanding that a couple spots on the fourth line should be reserved for muckers and fighters who generally end up on the ice against each other). I'd actually argue that from about 2009-2014 we kind of had that. But that still wasn't enough for the woke media, who after satisfactorily sanitizing the present game, have now moved on to attacking previous eras of the league for allowing enforcers and blaming fighting for the supposed concussion epidemic that has afflicted many retired players.

Maybe those goons should of worked more on their skill. They didn't evolve with the game or time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->