Tie Domi On Scott Stevens...

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
1) This wasn’t the latest episode, it was one back in March. The podcast is pretty good. While I’m not some person who is against all cursing, I have to admit Janssen’s constant cursing gets tiresome. He can’t say anything without cursing. I also hate that they have a 90-120 minute podcast but the interviews are usually only 60 minutes. They spend the first 30-60 minutes just chatting about nonsense.

2) His comments just show how ignorant Domi is. Stevens shouldn’t fight Domi as that would just be beneficial for Domi’s team. Stevens was way too valuable, at that point, to be in the box for fighting.

That part was copied and pasted from an article (latest episode part)....

I just posted what Domi said just to see what everyone would think about it......As far as my opinion of Stevens goes, i think some of those hits were a bit too dangerous for my liking but i was a fan of the rest of his game......

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
That part was copied and pasted from an article (latest episode part)....

I just posted what Domi said just to see what everyone would think about it......As far as my opinion of Stevens goes, i think some of those hits were a bit too dangerous for my liking but i was a fan of the rest of his game......
I didn’t realize you were posting from an article, I just thought you had heard it and posted about it. My bad. When it comes to Stevens, he was playing the game how it was played during his time. Unless you were a fan of who hit, you loved watching him hit people.

Reactions: Gjman2019

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It's funny because Domi was a chicken shit himself. But Stevens should have been dummied multiple times for what he did to guys like Karya and guys like that.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Oh look, a Devil's fan getting butthurt, defending his golden boy and completely missing the point.

He was a POS who liked to destroy people in vulnerable positions but when it came time to fight someone who wasn't gutless like him, he folded like a sissy.

What's that? Scott hanging on for dear life again. That's not answering the bell, that's praying the refs stop the ass kicking asap.

I guess not everyone could go at him like Brashear, who was afraid to engage him at all during their first fight. Looks like he's trying to play pattycake there. He spends most of that "fight" skating backwards away from Probert. It wasn't until later when Probert was much worse for wear that Brashear would actually engage with him in a fight.

Scott Stevens 6'1" 215 lbs
Bob Probert 6'3" 225 lbs
Donald Brashear 6'3 237

I hated Stevens when he played, but your description of his play doesn't match reality.

Reactions: AzHawk

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Oh look, a Devil's fan getting butthurt, defending his golden boy and completely missing the point.

He was a POS who liked to destroy people in vulnerable positions but when it came time to fight someone who wasn't gutless like him, he folded like a sissy.

What's that? Scott hanging on for dear life again. That's not answering the bell, that's praying the refs stop the ass kicking asap.

I mean lets be realistic, he didn't get his ass kicked, but he didn't throw many punches either. I'd give the fight to Probert easily though. At least he didn't turtle in that fight like Domi did here:

At the end of the day, Stevens was way too valuable on the ice to let a f***ing loser like Domi get under his skin and take him out for 5 minutes and/or take a penalty.

Stevens did have plenty of dirty hits, but you have to be an idiot to think he wouldn't have adapted in today's game. He was more than just the dirty hits, he also put up over .5 ppg in his career, had very high IQ, and was a strong leader. He would've been a solid player in today's game as well.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I mean lets be realistic, he didn't get his ass kicked, but he didn't throw many punches either. I'd give the fight to Probert easily though. At least he didn't turtle in that fight like Domi did here:

At the end of the day, Stevens was way too valuable on the ice to let a f***ing loser like Domi get under his skin and take him out for 5 minutes and/or take a penalty.

Stevens did have plenty of dirty hits, but you have to be an idiot to think he wouldn't have adapted in today's game. He was more than just the dirty hits, he also put up over .5 ppg in his career, had very high IQ, and was a strong leader. He would've been a solid player in today's game as well.

A bit off topic, but what were they thinking in Jersey playing Sex Type Thing by STP after a fight? The meaning behind that song makes it all kinds of wrong.

Reactions: Davegarri

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Domi is probably upset, that Stevens wasn't penalised enough for being Stevens, like Stamkos...

c9pjnlu8bj571.jpg

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta

It's okay, you can have Domi, I'll take the 3x Stanley Cup champ Stevens

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
Domi was a useful idiot at best. Stevens was an all timer dman. If phony is what he thinks of Stevens, I wonder how he would describe his own play.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That question was posed to Domi on the most recent episode of the Cam And Strick Podcast, where the former hard-hitting forward laid into the Hall of Famer.

“Scott Stevens was the biggest phony I ever played against,” Domi said after a quick chuckle. “Honestly, I chased that guy for years. He was such a phony, it was a joke. Let me put that out there.”

“That guy used to target all the best players on my teams and I always tried to fight him, and he would never fight,” Domi claimed. “He never, ever, answered the bell.

“Him and I ended up on the bench. He was bear-hugging so hard, I said ‘let go, I’m going to beat the s— out of you’ and he wouldn’t let go. He was holding on so tight.

“He was a good hitter, obviously, but he targeted the wrong guys at very vulnerable times and he never answered the bell.

“Scott Stevens, a tough guy? Give me a break.”

It makes me wonder if this is partly the reason why domi went on to deliver that headshot on neidermayer.

TopShelfYzerman

Gm 7 Double OT
Jan 3, 2011
USA
www.youtube.com
POS or not, a star player like Stevens will not fight a player as low as Domi. The trade off is not worth it for the Devils. Devils lose a top pairing dman, Leafs lose a 4th line fighter. Of course he wouldn't fight him.

Domi is useless 4th line plug who taunts and harrases other teams top players. He too has a history pulling this shit. I do give some props to him for being a tough as hell 5'10 guy. But still. He is literally a POS.

If Stevens wants to be predatory on other team's Star players, players better than him, he should answer the bell when the enforcer is called to do his job.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
this thread is dumb. Non-bias even as a Devils fan. Guy had the skills to succeed. Guy had 68 points (as a dman) with 225 PIM, in his season as a capital (88-89). NHL was different back then. Stevens would have been smart enough to adapt - clearly.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Stevens is remembered for the ugly hits.

But he was an elite Dman.

These are his award splits:
2x 1st All Star Team
3x 2nd All-Star Team
3x Norris Finalist
Conne Smyth winner

It's unfortunate he's known solely as the "head-hunter" guy, because he was an absolute force on defence.

upload_2021-6-17_23-19-31.png

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Stevens was a phenomenal player during that era, and literally a human wrecking ball.

I don’t know why Domi is expecting a #1D to fight a 4th line goon though.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Get ready for pages of 'genius' comments about how he wouldn't be able to play today or would be constantly suspended ignoring the reality that players are more than capable of adjusting their playing styles dependent on the rules of the time.

Not to mention the morons on here that say that only watch a youtube compilation of his big hitsand see a couple bad ones. Yeah the Lindros hit would be illegal now but for the most part Stevens hits were clean and massive. The guy was a monster and the 2 min youtube fans dont know what theyre talking about actually. He would have a few suspensions I'm sure when youre that physical, but he hit fairly clean even by todays standards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad