Tie Breaker in Gold Medal Game?

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
If I read correctly I think its continuous but 4 on 4.

"In the gold medal game there will be a 20-minute sudden-death overtime, following a full intermission during which the ice will be resurfaced. The teams will change ends. The team which scores first is the winner."

Hopefully it will be this, it isn't right way to decide World Champions in a shootout. NHL has some great, multiple overtime battles, so why couldn't WC also have them. Group stage can have overtimes, but when in quarterfinals, it should be 4-on-4 or 5-on-5 continuos overtime.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Hopefully it will be this, it isn't right way to decide World Champions in a shootout. NHL has some great, multiple overtime battles, so why couldn't WC also have them. Group stage can have overtimes, but when in quarterfinals, it should be 4-on-4 or 5-on-5 continuos overtime.

They play two games in the arena on the same day. Mostly it's 4.15 pm for the afternoon games and 8.15 pm for evening games. Well, the regulation time in the first ends around 6.30 pm and you have to take account that warm-up for second game starts 40 minutes before the opening faceoff.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
If I read correctly I think its continuous but 4 on 4.

"In the gold medal game there will be a 20-minute sudden-death overtime, following a full intermission during which the ice will be resurfaced. The teams will change ends. The team which scores first is the winner."

No, just one overtime period.

What above quote says, is that the one overtime period will happen after a full intermission, in which the ice will be resurfaced. It doesn't say what happens after the one overtime, just that there has to be a complete intermission before it, instead of just a small break like before 5 minute OT. The last sentence just means that if a team scores it wins the game, instead of a continuous overtime like in football.

The last point of overtime-procedure mentions it, a shootout will follow overtime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad