Tickets - Saturday game v sens

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Its been several years since Ive gotten the chance to go to a game.

Where's the best place to get discount tickets currently?

Im thinking of taking my wife to the game this saturday. Watchign on TV there seem to be many many empty seats every night.

What's the best deal to be had?

TIA.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Stub Hub. Get upper level tickets then move down to an empty seat in the lower level (if you want) after the 1st period.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Or "scalpers". I don't think I've paid more than $10 for a ticket in years (nor would I), including lowers.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I was thinking of doing the nosebleeds and move thing.

They arent strict on it? I see a dang lot of empties almost every game on TV.

3 hour ride down. Dont wanna pay fill price at the gate if I cant find a seller when stub hub has em for about 20 per.

I guess there will be plenty of empties to choose from saturday.

the low corners are going for 50 on stubhub. I was hoping for 20 per.

ETA - found some uppers on tickpick for $11 and skipped the $10 stubhub fee. Worst case - we get birdseye view. best case? We move down

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I was thinking of doing the nosebleeds and move thing.

They arent strict on it? I see a dang lot of empties almost every game on TV.

Center ice they can be strict, so harder to get in there. Lower Level South, they aren't very strict at all after the 1st (sect. 123-130?). Just act like you belong and walk right in.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Actually, they often ask to see your tickets on 1st and 2nd level...so may workout, may not. Make sure you don't mind sitting where your purchased seats are in the event it doesn't. Mezzanine seats on the third are not bad...I've sat there for years (STH since '99-2000).

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Actually, they often ask to see your tickets on 1st and 2nd level...so may workout, may not. Make sure you don't mind sitting where your purchased seats are in the event it doesn't. Mezzanine seats on the third are not bad...I've sat there for years (STH since '99-2000).

In LL North (where you have to go through the bar area) in Center Ice Section and on the 2nd level they almost ALWAYS check your tickets for the duration of the game. On the flipside, in LL South, I have rarely ever encountered anyone checking a ticket after the 1st period.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
In LL North (where you have to go through the bar area) in Center Ice Section and on the 2nd level they almost ALWAYS check your tickets for the duration of the game. On the flipside, in LL South, I have rarely ever encountered anyone checking a ticket after the 1st period.

Good to know.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast

Thanks. I think its easier to see plays forming from the high levels, but we dont make many games anymore, so I may actually try to get into the LL south.

Worst case, take cash and maybe luck out and find someone at the door sellign LL seats for $10 LOL.

We ended up getting two seats in 335 for $11 ea. $22 isnt bad for an NHL game. The 3 hour ride one way is gonna suck though LOL

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
If I go with a group I tend to go lowers. If I'm with my wife or other actual hockey fans, I prefer the uppers.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Thanks. I think its easier to see plays forming from the high levels, but we dont make many games anymore, so I may actually try to get into the LL south.

Worst case, take cash and maybe luck out and find someone at the door sellign LL seats for $10 LOL.

We ended up getting two seats in 335 for $11 ea. $22 isnt bad for an NHL game. The 3 hour ride one way is gonna suck though LOL

Great! Good to have you with us. Enjoy the game.

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
If you buy uppers--try moving to Section 323. It's just about center ice at the edge and if you sit up a bit, you can see the tv's that show the game feed. That way you can see the replays better and you don't have to hear Tripp. And it you're looking to move down between periods, you can watch the ushers in sections 107-109 to see who is being picky or not....

We also had tix in 304 before and they were about my favorite seats. The section is center ice, no TVs on that side, but good views and still among the "real" hockey fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad