Tickets Sales revenue vs. Player payroll increases

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
Pro player, pro owner or neutral - Can we put our collective heads together and attempt our own audit of NHL team revenues? Here is one good link that I came across that does shed some light. You can open this link and scroll down for different options and information about most NHL team ticket sales, comparison between major league sports etc. If any of you can provide a better and more up to date link of this type of info please do so. If you have specific info directly related to your favourite team feel free to add this info. IMO, it's quite obvious that ticket sales and other team revenues have not kept pace with escalating player costs and it shouldn't be very difficult to come close to figuring that out on our own.

http://www.hockeyarenas.com/fancost/fancostpageenglish.htm

garry1221

Mar 13, 2003
Walled Lake, Mi
Visit site
i've been attempting to do this on my own for a few months now, i'm still compiling data and calculating everything out. here's the links that i've been using

Fan Cost Index

attendance figures

general arena facts

i've used the general arena facts for parking info and only used the on site parking numbers in my own calculations, i've used a general average of 3 or 4 persons per car. the site i provided also has attendance figures, but i noticed when comparing those figures to the ones provided by the 2nd site i gave some where off, so i went back and recalculated everything with the numbers used by the 2nd site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad