Tickets on Sale Today?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Wow, not much fanfare on here for tickets today........years ago alot of us were on getting tickets to attend to home games...
Didn't even realize, or care ...................sad.

Thanks MB.

Any of you guys buying tickets this season?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The team has been bad for years. It's not surprise tickets aren't selling.

That said, I looked for the home opener, and the first games vs Toronto and Boston. Only cheap tickets I saw were in the Molson Ex or Family Zones so I passed.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Wow, not much fanfare on here for tickets today........years ago alot of us were on getting tickets to attend to home games...
Didn't even realize, or care ...................sad.

Thanks MB.

Any of you guys buying tickets this season?

were the first 3 sentences necessary or just to get a reaction?

The team has been bad for years. It's not surprise tickets aren't selling.

That said, I looked for the home opener, and the first games vs Toronto and Boston. Only cheap tickets I saw were in the Molson Ex or Family Zones so I passed.

Is that a fact?
I don't even live in the province and would love tickets.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

Is that a fact?
Tickets went on sale an hour ago and you could likely get them for every game still. If you want them, just go buy them.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
I have seasons tickets (Centre Ice Greys 321) and selling them for less than on canadiens.com.
PM me if you want any.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

Is that a fact?

Many years ago tickets would be almost sold out on the first day. Sometimes I was in the waiting room for 2 hours before having the opportunity to buy tickets. Maybe the technology has changed and buying tickets online is much easier, but there's definitely less interest in tickets in the past few years (After 2015 I'd say) than in the early 2010s.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Many years ago tickets would be almost sold out on the first day. Sometimes I was in the waiting room for 2 hours before having the opportunity to buy tickets. Maybe the technology has changed and buying tickets online is much easier, but there's definitely less interest in tickets in the past few years (After 2015 I'd say) than in the early 2010s.
They have changed their format/system for sure. You can get tickets directly from the Habs but the majority of them have already been bought and are "approved resales". Remember a couple years ago the team and others were criticized for allowing corporations/"professional scalpers" buying large quantities and then getting a portion of the resale profit.
If this wasn't the case then they would almost all be sold (which they really are, but not showing as the same)

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Is that a fact?
Yes, they were necessary. The point of this thread was to point out, that for about 15 yrs in a row, the tickets used to sell out the 1st day, and it was insane trying to even get in the virtual waiting room. Last year there were almost NO sellouts, and once again this year, we are heading to the same thing.

This is what MB has accomplished. Apathy.....................he has made us the new Leafs, fans still go but the organization doesn't have to win...just try hard!! lol

MB, still a clown after all these years!!

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
The move to Ticketmaster is a travesty. The shenanigans that seem to be going on there left a bad taste in my mouth while looking for tickets. Plus it crapped out multiple times when trying to check out. I'll be enjoying what will most likely be my last trip to Montreal for a very long time. Just too expensive with flights, hotel and tickets to 3 games.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Haven't bought a Habs ticket since the 2006 playoffs. As someone else has mentioned, there's just too much better entertainment to be had elsewhere.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I recall folks used to proudly announce their purchases on forums such as this. Weekend home games would sell out in an hour.
I'm sure some are happy to grab some tickets, but there isn't much buzz.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I recall folks used to proudly announce their purchases on forums such as this. Weekend home games would sell out in an hour.
I'm sure some are happy to grab some tickets, but there isn't much buzz.

They're just too expensive for what you get. That's not just a Habs thing though. I won't go up to Flames games more than once every couple of years. Better to watch on TV unless you get good tickets and they're too much money.

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know where to post this, but do we not have a thread for users to buy and sell tickets to games? I recall there being a thread a few years ago. I think a rule was they have to be at face value price or lower. I live in Ottawa now and can't attend a bunch of games, and not looking to profit off them and also not give a third party a cut.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The ticketmaster shit is absolutely BRUTAL.

Let's go over a few of the issues:
1) If you buy tickets Ticketmaster (the only way to get them from the box office), you will pay through the nose in fees.
2) If you sell your tickets through Ticketmaster, they will CHARGE YOU a fee to do so, AND the buyer PAYS THE FEE AGAIN!

Example: I list tickets for $100 each. If they sell, I get $85 (it's a 15% fee). The tickets will be listed for $100 + $30 "fees and taxes" meaning they cost the buyer $130. That's a $45 difference between what the buyer pays and the seller gets. Almost 50% of the ticket!

3) The integration between Ticketmaster and the Habs app is super broken. Really, really bad. I build this kind of software and it's astounding to me that this passed QA.

Example: I go to buy tickets through the Habs app. I click section 3xx and see one set of tickets. If I select a few other sections, suddenly other tickets in 3xx will appear as available. You could have your tickets hidden from potential buyers due to this bug.

4) Only way to transfer tickets is through Ticketmaster/Habs app. No more PDFs of electronic tickets. More secure, sure. But it sucks to be stuck on their broken platform, and makes it harder to sell on StubHub.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
All that being said, if you are looking for tickets I have a pair available in the greys for every game. I'm selling them all (outside for a few games I am attending) for a couple bucks above cost ($64 CAD/ticket), just to recoup a few fees plus the preseason games. Hit me up if you're interested, they are going to end up far cheaper than on any other platform. As a season ticket holder I didn't have to pay those ticketmaster fees, plus the tickets are cheaper for me overall than for individual sales.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Crazy how expensive tickets are now. I remember getting Grey zone tickets in the $50's

As a season ticket holder, you pay $58/ticket for Greys, no extra fees. Which is very reasonable.

To buy from the box office, you pay $66/ticket plus $13.50 in ticketmaster fees, for a total of $79.50/ticket.

For me to sell tickets through ticketmaster, I need to list them for $68/ticket to break even and get $58 back, and they will charge another $15.30 to the buyer on top of that, so they are listed at $83.30!

In fact, even if I list them at $66, same price as the box office price, the fees end up making it cost about $1 more than box office.

It's completely bonkers. Ticketmaster is f***ing crazy. On top of that their shit doesn't even work.

Buy tickets direct (not from ticketmaster) from a season ticket holder and you'll pay about $60/ticket in the greys, flat. I sell them for around $55-65 depending on the game (though, Toronto tickets go for $200+ per ticket). I could sell them for $58 flat each but they force you to buy preseason tickets at full price, so that's $600 you need to recoup to break even.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
I’m also selling most of my season tickets too.

Centre ice greys 321

Will sell most games for around 140$ to 160$ a pair, which is cheaper that what you pay at Ticketmaster, plus you get the best view.

PM me if interested of send e-mail at [email protected]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad