OT: Ticket Thread - 2021/22 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I do remember the last time the NHL went on strike (for half a season that too was already paid) I did get interest and it wasn't bad.

I hope they do this again.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
Here is what the Celtics are doing:

I'm sure you are just as excited as we are about the fast approaching start of the 2020-21 NBA Season. While we all eagerly await the season tip-off, it's with the knowledge that we will again be navigating unusual circumstances due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Today, the NBA released the "First Half" of the 72-game 2020-21 regular season schedule. "First Half" games are those games scheduled prior to the start of the All-Star break on March 5, 2021.

It was our sincere hope that we would welcome fans into TD Garden to start the season, but with the health and well-being of our fans in mind, and in compliance with state and local authorities, and public health guidance, we will not be permitting fan attendance at Celtics home games to start the 2020-21 Season.

Our goal is to safely return to a full capacity arena at some point during the 2020-21 Season and we are working with the NBA, TD Garden, City of Boston, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and public health officials to develop guidelines and procedures on how to operate a safe environment for our fans. We will share these plans in detail with you when we have more definitive timing on when we will be able to host fans at TD Garden.

As we await a return to full arena capacity at TD Garden, we want to share how "First Half" games in your Season Ticket Membership will be affected by the current pandemic-related restrictions:
  • Your Season Ticket Membership will be modified to reflect the structure of the 2020-21 NBA Season (i.e. 72 regular season games vs. the traditional 82-game schedule).
  • While we are hopeful to have fans back at TD Garden sooner, tickets in your modified Membership for "First Half" games will automatically be removed and the number of games in your ticket plan will be reduced accordingly.
  • Payments (including any preexisting credits) applied to "First Half" games will automatically be applied to any remaining balance owed on "Second Half" games in your 2020-21 season ticket package. Any remaining funds will be posted as an account credit for future use.
  • You will have priority access to purchase 2020-21 tickets at special season ticket pricing if such tickets are made available for purchase. Tickets will be subject to availability and there is no obligation to purchase any of these tickets in order to retain your STM seat locations for the 2021-22 Season and your Membership tenure.
  • You will receive an additional 1% account credit on all payments (including any preexisting credits) applied to your 2020-21 season ticket plan as of December 22, 2020. This 1% bonus credit will be applied to your 2021-22 Season Ticket Membership.
LOYALTY PLAN
We are also offering Season Ticket Members the option to enroll in our Loyalty Plan to enjoy the following benefits during the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons. Members who elect to enroll in the Loyalty Plan agree to keep money on account and extend their Season Ticket Membership through the 2021-22 Season.

You may also request cash refunds of any account credits (except with respect to any incentive-based credit that was previously applied to your account, including any credit from unplayed games during the 2019-20 Season that did not directly result from money paid for such games) by contacting your Member Experience Executive

We plan to provide more information about 2020-21 season games scheduled to occur after March 5, 2021 (i.e. "Second Half" games) once available (likely early February 2021).

As always, please don't hesitate to reach out to your Member Experience Executive with any questions or you can reference our FAQ page here.

Thank you for your support of the Celtics and Happy Holidays!

Members will receive:
  • 5% loyalty credit on the total amount of any payments (including any preexisting credits) applied to your 2020-21 season ticket package as of December 22, 2020. This loyalty credit will be inclusive of the 1% bonus credit described above that all STM will receive.
  • Flat season ticket pricing for your 2021-22 Season Ticket Membership (i.e. no pricing increase from your 2020-21 season ticket plan pricing).
  • Priority access to purchase 2020-21 tickets at special season ticket pricing if such tickets are made available for purchase. Tickets are subject to availability and there is no obligation to purchase any of these tickets in order to retain STM seat locations for the 2021-22 Season and your Membership tenure.
  • 10% discount on the 2021 Playoff ticket pricing (subject to Celtics qualifying for the 2021 Playoffs and fans being permitted to attend).
  • Priority access to Season Ticket Member seat upgrades for the 2021-22 Season.

Reactions: Silva

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So...it sounds like they've given up on the "first half" games for the Celtics - ie those before March 5? I guess that's the most you could expect. But as a Bruins fan, it doesn't sound like it's going to make sense to have 100% fan capacity at the games for either the NBA or NHL this season. It looks like it's going to take until May or June at the earliest for the vaccine to get to the general population. Add in one month for the second shot in the series (one shot isn't enough for either current vaccine), and one month for your immunity to build up (if you get your second COVID shot on Monday, that does NOT mean you can start licking doorknobs on Tuesday!), and it's July or August. And even then, those are the FIRST people to get shots. You'd need at least 60-70% of the population to be immunized before you start getting full stadiums.

TL;DR: They need to admit that there's no way they're going to have any games at 100% capacity this season.

I got some interesting news today about the balcony seating:

I have some good news to share! As promised, new seats have been installed in the Balcony, Rows 3-15. Through STH feedback, and the recommendations provided by seating consultants, we replaced the balcony seats and armrests. The new seats, similar in size, have a custom, narrower armrest and a non-padded seat base and seat back to improve legroom and comfort.

This isn't really new news - they were supposed to have them installed over the summer. But it sounds like they actually DID do it. That's still a big fat "no" from me. I can count. They added in a seat in many of the prime balcony rows - I can vouch for rows 3-5. Unless they either take that extra seat out, or increase the width of the entire row (impossible to do when there's stairs on both sides), they're still jamming in too many seats per row compared to 2018-19. Add to that the fact that the market will be absolutely shot, and the lack of STH benefits (no playoff games last season, and obviously no lining up and taking pictures with Bruins this season) and it's a terrible time to be a STH.

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
I got a similar email about the new seats. Surprised there wasn't at least a picture attached. Not having a cushion means we can bang them against the wall again right? :)

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
So NHL is going with a 52 or 56 game schedule starting around January 13th. That would be a max of 28 home games and with games starting in January there is ZERO chance any fans are going to be going to games at least into March at best case scenario. When are refunds coming to STH for this season? Bruins should immediately refund the 16 games (STH pay for 44 games - 28 max = 16) they know wont happen.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So NHL is going with a 52 or 56 game schedule starting around January 13th. That would be a max of 28 home games and with games starting in January there is ZERO chance any fans are going to be going to games at least into March at best case scenario. When are refunds coming to STH for this season? Bruins should immediately refund the 16 games (STH pay for 44 games - 28 max = 16) they know wont happen.

Well, technically, STH who are on the 10 month plan will have only paid for 39.6 games, since they're not collecting this month's payment, but you have an excellent point.

Unfortunately, that "52-56 game" plan is not official yet - and until it is official, they're going to drag their feet. And even when it is official, you can expect it to take up to 30 days for it to reach your credit card or bank account. They might be waiting to see exactly how many games won't be played, so they can give back ALL credit at once. But let's face it: It's going to be all of the games that won't be played. The post-season can't drag on past the Olympics due to NBC, and working backwards makes it very clear that the NHL season will end before a sufficient portion of the population will be immunized.

Oh, the Bruins just qualified for another playoff game? We'll hit your card so fast that you get a notification as soon as you step on the T to go home. Need a refund? That can wait until the 38th of Nevembruary.

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
Got this from the Bruins today:

Thank you for your continued support of the Boston Bruins as a Season Ticket Holder. While we anticipate receiving further information regarding the 2020-21 NHL season soon, we are pleased to offer you the below options relating to your Season Tickets for the coming season at this time.

Please review the options below and select one by Friday, January 15 at 5 p.m. ET.

Option 1 - Join the Loyalty Program for 2020-21 Season and Lock In Your Season Tickets for 2021-22 season
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
  • EARN MONTHLY LOYALTY CREDIT: Earn 5% APR loyalty credit on monthly account total beginning January 2021 through the start of the 2021-22 season.
  • EXTEND YOUR STH PACKAGE: Renew your Season Tickets with guaranteed same pricing and same seat location for the 2021-22 season.
  • USE 2020-21 GAME CREDIT LATER: Use the existing funds on your account as a ticket bank to pay for any tickets during the 2020-21 season and roll any remaining funds forward to 2021-22.
  • GET PREMIERE ACCESS TO TICKETS: Be among the first to receive access and have the ability to use the funds on your account to purchase 2020-21 game tickets when fans are allowed to attend games.
  • LOCK IN PLAYOFF PRICING: Receive a price freeze for the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs (same as your 2020 strip pricing).
Please note: To be eligible for Option 1, you must be compliant on your 2020-21 payment plan.

Option 2 – May Want to Attend Games in 2020-21, But Not Ready to Commit to 2021-22
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
  • USE 2020-21 GAME CREDIT LATER: Use the existing funds on your account as a ticket bank to pay for any tickets during the 2020-21 season and roll any remaining funds forward to 2021-22.
  • GET PREMIERE ACCESS TO TICKETS: Be among the first to receive access and have the ability to use the funds on your account to purchase 2020-21 game tickets when fans are allowed to attend games.

You may otherwise elect to receive a full refund for all payments made toward your 2020-21 Season Ticket package by contacting your Account Executive directly by no later than Friday, January 15 at 5 p.m. ET. All refunds will be processed to the original point of sale. Credit card refunds will take 3-4 weeks and checks will take 8-10 weeks after the January 15 deadline.

As soon as we have more information regarding the Bruins schedule for this upcoming season, we will communicate with you. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly with any questions or concerns.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Reactions: talkinaway

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Well, we have options:

Option 1 - Join the Loyalty Program for 2020-21 Season and Lock In Your Season Tickets for 2021-22 season
  • EARN MONTHLY LOYALTY CREDIT: Earn 5% APR loyalty credit on monthly account total beginning January 2021 through the start of the 2021-22 season.
  • EXTEND YOUR STH PACKAGE: Renew your Season Tickets with guaranteed same pricing and same seat location for the 2021-22 season.
  • LOCK IN PLAYOFF PRICING: Receive a price freeze for the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs (same as your 2020 strip pricing).
Please note: To be eligible for Option 1, you must be compliant on your 2020-21 payment plan.

Option 2 – May Want to Attend Games in 2020-21, But Not Ready to Commit to 2021-22

OPTION 3: (They don't call this option 3, but it is a third option.)
You may otherwise elect to receive a full refund for all payments made toward your 2020-21 Season Ticket package by contacting your Account Executive directly by no later than Friday, January 15 at 5 p.m. ET. All refunds will be processed to the original point of sale. Credit card refunds will take 3-4 weeks and checks will take 8-10 weeks after the January 15 deadline.

So, we get NO credit for the money we've banked from our first payment back in March until January. But after that, we get 5% APY if we renew for 2021-22 by Jan 15. For comparison, if you put that money into an S&P 500 index fund, as recommended by Warren Buffett to the person who handles his estate for his widow should he die before his wife, you'd possibly make more. If you'd done that a year ago with FXAIX (Fidelity's S&P index fund), you would have make about 18% over a year - yes, that's including the pandemic, and assumes you don't panic sell. Over 10 years, it averaged about 14%. (Full disclosure: Don't take financial advice from an internet rando, including me. Do your own research.

It's not a BAD deal, but it's not a particularly good one, either. If you want hard stats, and assume 9 months until the start of next season, then for every $1000, you'd get approximately $37-$38 for the entire period, depending on how they compound it. And, assuming 2020-21 has no fans, you're paying for the FULL 2021-22 season with the money you've already paid, instead of paying in March-December installments.

A price freeze for the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs? WTH? That depends on A) making the playoffs, B) Playoff games being at the Garden, and C) The pandemic being completely, 100% over by mid-to-late May. That's a 100% fake offer. What if 10,000 STH tickets renew, but they can only let in 1,000 due to restrictions?

A price freeze for 2021-22? I mean, I guess every year I've said, "They can't raise prices any more, can they?", and they do. Perhaps there will be pent up demand in October of 2021. But they're asking for renewals NOW, when they normally ask in March.

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
Still deciding what option I will choose but most likely refund or game credit for whatever i had paid before the pandemic. It's nice they are freezing prices but does anybody actually expect these tickets to be worth face value when things open back up? I'm curious to see what happens in professional sports. Will some franchises have to reduce prices?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
So if I request a refund for what I've paid so far, will I lose my season tickets for 2021-2022? Or will payments just resume as normal?

I have the same question so I'll have to email my rep. I have to think that you keep your tickets and monthly payments would just start up again in March or so as if there was going to be a regular renewal process for 2021-22. Doesn't make sense that asking for a refund forces you to give up your seats.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
I have the same question so I'll have to email my rep. I have to think that you keep your tickets and monthly payments would just start up again in March or so as if there was going to be a regular renewal process for 2021-22. Doesn't make sense that asking for a refund forces you to give up your seats.

My rep is saying that this does NOT affect your status as a STH, so I am probably going to go for the refund option.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
My rep is saying that this does NOT affect your status as a STH, so I am probably going to go for the refund option.

Yes I just spoke to my rep also. With a refund you will be able to renew. But she made it sound like getting a refund will mean that you might have to pay higher price on your 2021-22 renewal.
That might be the part of the loyalty option that says "Renew your Season Tickets with guaranteed same pricing and same seat location for the 2021-22 season." Honestly not sure if I understood that correctly but you might want to clarify with your rep before you go with the refund option.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I haven't talked to my rep yet, but everything said above seems to be what I interpret. You can freeze your price by renewing ultra-early, or you can roll the dice and wait for the normal time to renew, which would likely be March, but could be later. Logically, you'd have to think that if they're still doing the SCF in July (which is possible with pandemic delays, and the main big date is to get out of the playoffs by the start of the Olympics, July 23), they might not want to start the next pre-season in September. If the pre-season looks like it's going to be delayed, renewals should be delayed by approximately the same amount.

But I also agree that a price freeze may be irrelevant. I don't see the team getting better. I see perhaps some novelty in the first month or so - "The return to normalcy", "the first game after the pandemic", but after that? And are there that many people who are going to want to go if vaccination rates are in the 30-40% range in October? (Not an actual number I've heard anywhere, just a hypothetical.) And let's not forget that they pissed people off with the seating debacle last year. They've "changed" them, but my row still has the +1 person that they squeezed in. Plus, a great many people will have survived not going to any live NHL games for the past 18 months by the time the 2021-22 season starts. It's possible that they may have found other interests. Demand goes down, thus so should ticket pricing. Theoretically.

Here's a question: for Silver/Gold/Platinum/whatever status that are based upon years of being a STH, I assume we're getting credit for this year, even if 0 games are played? Hell, we should get our "member since" dates pushed back a year or two. Might be irrelevant for me.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I haven't talked to my rep yet, but everything said above seems to be what I interpret. You can freeze your price by renewing ultra-early, or you can roll the dice and wait for the normal time to renew, which would likely be March, but could be later. Logically, you'd have to think that if they're still doing the SCF in July (which is possible with pandemic delays, and the main big date is to get out of the playoffs by the start of the Olympics, July 23), they might not want to start the next pre-season in September. If the pre-season looks like it's going to be delayed, renewals should be delayed by approximately the same amount.

But I also agree that a price freeze may be irrelevant. I don't see the team getting better. I see perhaps some novelty in the first month or so - "The return to normalcy", "the first game after the pandemic", but after that? And are there that many people who are going to want to go if vaccination rates are in the 30-40% range in October? (Not an actual number I've heard anywhere, just a hypothetical.) And let's not forget that they pissed people off with the seating debacle last year. They've "changed" them, but my row still has the +1 person that they squeezed in. Plus, a great many people will have survived not going to any live NHL games for the past 18 months by the time the 2021-22 season starts. It's possible that they may have found other interests. Demand goes down, thus so should ticket pricing. Theoretically.

Here's a question: for Silver/Gold/Platinum/whatever status that are based upon years of being a STH, I assume we're getting credit for this year, even if 0 games are played? Hell, we should get our "member since" dates pushed back a year or two. Might be irrelevant for me.

Now that I have read over and digested the details I'm finding the loyalty credit option to be underwhelming for me. On a 5 month plan I was fully paid up in November so I did not get the December "pause". The 5% loyalty credit can only be used on 2021-22 renewals which is essentially worthless since I will be fully paid up for 2021-22. So I assume that the 5% loyalty amount will get pushed to 2022 playoffs or 2022-23 renewal.

I might have to go with the refund option and roll the dice on 2021-22 pricing.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Now that I have read over and digested the details I'm finding the loyalty credit option to be underwhelming for me. On a 5 month plan I was fully paid up in November so I did not get the December "pause". The 5% loyalty credit can only be used on 2021-22 renewals which is essentially worthless since I will be fully paid up for 2021-22. So I assume that the 5% loyalty amount will get pushed to 2022 playoffs or 2022-23 renewal.

I might have to go with the refund option and roll the dice on 2021-22 pricing.

Frankly, that's what I'm thinking of doing myself. There's too much uncertainty. How many games will 2021-22 be? Will there be demand for tickets when I can't go to a game? Will 2021-22 be the first post-Chara season?

Plus, what STH amenities are going out the door? Draft party at a local bar in July or August doesn't seem likely. The annual (I think?) outdoor BBQ for tenured STHs in August? Possible. The conga line of thousands of STHs in November/December to shake hands and get pictures with Bruins? I dunno. What do we get in return?

I'll proaby take the refund, and decide on 2021-22 much later. If they press too soon (specifically, before I've been vaccinated), or raise prices AT ALL, I think I'm out for the year. I'll scavenge on StubHub if I feel it's safe to go to games.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Frankly, that's what I'm thinking of doing myself. There's too much uncertainty. How many games will 2021-22 be? Will there be demand for tickets when I can't go to a game? Will 2021-22 be the first post-Chara season?

Plus, what STH amenities are going out the door? Draft party at a local bar in July or August doesn't seem likely. The annual (I think?) outdoor BBQ for tenured STHs in August? Possible. The conga line of thousands of STHs in November/December to shake hands and get pictures with Bruins? I dunno. What do we get in return?

I'll proaby take the refund, and decide on 2021-22 much later. If they press too soon (specifically, before I've been vaccinated), or raise prices AT ALL, I think I'm out for the year. I'll scavenge on StubHub if I feel it's safe to go to games.

If I go the refund route then I might throw the money into the IVV and hope to make more than the 5% with enough to cover a price increase and some left over if the market trends upward.

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
the way i read this is that if you choose the refund, you may pay higher prices (e.g. like a first year STH), but that when it comes time to renew, there is no guarantee that you will be offered your same seats back:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
the way i read this is that if you choose the refund, you may pay higher prices (e.g. like a first year STH), but that when it comes time to renew, there is no guarantee that you will be offered your same seats back:

I would think even asking for a refund should keep your tenure (ie avoid first-year prices) and keep your seat held for you should you decide to renew for 2021-22. The question is how long will they hold that seat for you - I imagine they'll start feeling pressure in March or April. They're just saying your location IS guaranteed if you renew now....but it's probably held for you until at least March anyway, even if you withdraw all your money from them. But it's a good thing to ask before you select an option.

They're not exactly open about how tenure changes your ticket price. One thing to keep in mind - they say they'll "freeze" the ticket price for 2021-22 if you renew before January 15. That probably means you'll see an even larger hike that normal when 2022-23 comes. For example, if they're going to raise your per seat/per game price from $80 to $85 for 2021-22 and $90 for 2022-23, you'd definitely get $80 for 2021-22 as part of the freeze, but you're probably going to get a big hike from $80 to $90 for 2022-23. You're really only saving one year's hike, which for me in the balcony I'd guesstimate to be in the range of $1-$5 per seat per game, or somewhere between $80 and $400. Of course, if you wind up with tickets you can't sell and that you could have bought off StubHub for cheaper, you're not really saving anything.

Oh, and just a warning - they're taking an extended holiday. Their last day is today, and they reopen on December 28.

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
yeah, i agree - it would be some bullshit to pull that on folks seeking a refund

then again, the amount of times i've started a sentence re: the bruins with some form of 'i would think...' and yet been totally wrong..

thanks for the tip on the extended holiday, i had asked for clarification earlier, so may have to wait a bit

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
yeah, i agree - it would be some bullshit to pull that on folks seeking a refund

then again, the amount of times i've started a sentence re: the bruins with some form of 'i would think...' and yet been totally wrong..

thanks for the tip on the extended holiday, i had asked for clarification earlier, so may have to wait a bit

When you get the clarification that you asked for please post it here. I'd like more clarification on what Options 2 or a full refund actually mean for us.

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
rep responded stating if a refund is chosen, i'll still be eligible to renew my seats at a later date

:shrug: i'm taking the money

nickyb

May 5, 2004
I'm leaning toward taking a refund too; however, I'm not sure I want to deal with the headache of a price increase and maybe lose my seat location as well ?? So many variables to consider.......I also don't think the B's will be as strong as they have been in year's past.......that's always up for debate though. :huh:

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Can someone explain this to me?

the 2021 season is done for STH? meaning if they play, you aren't going to be given your seats for every game where fans are allowed? If there are fans in the stands, you have to buy tickets with funds in your "ticket bank"? If you choose the loyalty option you have a monthly 5% APR added to your funds that carries over to 2022? If you choose a full refund, you are subject to a price increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad