OT: Ticket Thread - 2021/22 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I was refunded 2 days later for Game 7 of round 1 when they officially didn’t have home ice. My guess is it’ll hit your card tomorrow.

They're VERY fast to hit your card when you do the "pay as we play" - I remember getting a notification on my phone before I boarded the T after leaving a game.

They're also usually pretty quick in giving refunds...although I think if you paid the playoffs games in one lump sum instead of pay-as-we-play, they refunded you in one lump sum right after playoffs ended, but I could be wrong.

The only refund "problem" that I've noticed was with the last 6 or so home games of 2020, and with the 2020-2021 regular season. The NHL Board of Governors dragged their feet on officially cancelling games, which had an impact not only on fans, but on TD Garden staff, since staff only had access to the funds AFTER games were officially cancelled. Oh, and who's the chairman of the Board of Governors?

But as far as refunds for playoff games, in the past, they've been reasonably paced, IIRC.

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
They're VERY fast to hit your card when you do the "pay as we play" - I remember getting a notification on my phone before I boarded the T after leaving a game.

They're also usually pretty quick in giving refunds...although I think if you paid the playoffs games in one lump sum instead of pay-as-we-play, they refunded you in one lump sum right after playoffs ended, but I could be wrong.

The only refund "problem" that I've noticed was with the last 6 or so home games of 2020, and with the 2020-2021 regular season. The NHL Board of Governors dragged their feet on officially cancelling games, which had an impact not only on fans, but on TD Garden staff, since staff only had access to the funds AFTER games were officially cancelled. Oh, and who's the chairman of the Board of Governors?

But as far as refunds for playoff games, in the past, they've been reasonably paced, IIRC.
Yeah, I have always been done pay as you play and the 10 month payment plan. Lastnight's Caps game 6 was still in account manager around 4pm then it was gone later in the night so I'm guessing we see a refund today or tomorrow tops. I hear what you're saying about how quick they are to hit the card as soon as there is a playoff game haha

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Any speculation as to why? If every balcony season ticket holder had a crack at 4 tickets, in theory they should all be sold?

One thing I noticed yesterday was that there are a lot of groups of 3 seats, and you can't leave a single seat. Groups tend to come in 2s and 4s, although I'm sure there's some market for 3s. I imagine the reason there are blocks of 3 was simply because of the way they socially distanced the original sales.

Newbie10

Jan 9, 2010
I"m guessing but I think prices are too high. I have a chance to buy but decided to pass on it.

In the past, season ticket holders didn't have a choice but to buy all the games. Now that you have a choice, why buy all 4 games when you don't have to.

I also think a lot of the buyers are flippers. Without them more seats will be available.

I see everyone trying to sell them on FB.

Reactions: talkinaway

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I"m guessing but I think prices are too high. I have a chance to buy but decided to pass on it.

In the past, season ticket holders didn't have a choice but to buy all the games. Now that you have a choice, why buy all 4 games when you don't have to.

I also think a lot of the buyers are flippers. Without them more seats will be available.

I'm just curious, what is the facebook group that you see tickets listed on.

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
I'm just curious, what is the facebook group that you see tickets listed on.

I've seen some tickets on a group called "Boston Bruins Buy Sell Trade Tickets and STUFF". I'd like to sell the occasional ticket (it was encouraged by the rep when I was upset at the ticket price increases over the years) but unfortunately they aren't accepting new sellers this year since season ticket holders cards weren't sent out (as if there isn't other ways of verifying you are a season ticket holder). The moderators sell their tickets on there so they might want to reduce the amount of supply into the group. If people know of other similar groups I would be glad to join.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I've seen some tickets on a group called "Boston Bruins Buy Sell Trade Tickets and STUFF". I'd like to sell the occasional ticket (it was encouraged by the rep when I was upset at the ticket price increases over the years) but unfortunately they aren't accepting new sellers this year since season ticket holders cards weren't sent out (as if there isn't other ways of verifying you are a season ticket holder). The moderators sell their tickets on there so they might want to reduce the amount of supply into the group. If people know of other similar groups I would be glad to join.

Thanks for the info. I was curious about it because since the pandemic Stubhub has been an absolute mess handling sales, payments, and customer service. So I don't trust it for the time being and it's nice to have another place to post tickets when I don't go to a game.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Here's the other thing: In 7 hours, after all the games are done tonight, we could know the date and opponent of the first game if the Isles win. There's a HUGE swing with Home Game 1. If the Islanders win, there's a good chance we have a home game on Saturday - traditionally the best day to have a game. If we don't have a game on Saturday, then it's Monday, because the Celtics have the area Friday and Sunday. In the beforetimes, you could have the Bull Gang change over the arena for a Sunday fan doubleheader, but I don't know if that's feasible to do a rush job with the new COVID procedures.

The other thing to consider - if we play the Isles, NBC might be willing to cede to Canada and give TOR/MTL a HNIC time slot, giving us a matinee instead. If we play the Pens, NBC might really want that game on prime time - Nothing But Crosby.

I do think prices are high, but I could be getting "screw you for not renewing even though we didn't give you the playoff tickets we promised you back in 2019-2020" pricing. Seats in my class in the balcony are $147, while they were $111 for Round 2 in the 2018-19 season. Granted, there's 2 years of price increases, the possible belief that there's pent up desire to see hockey, and some interesting opponents if the Pens win (as opposed to the blah that was CBJ).

And the current non-STH sale is...wow, expensive. Almost makes me think of buying tickets just so I could resell them.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
I have a feeling it would be Saturday night for the Bruins/Islanders, NBC has the slot booked for a primetime game and ironically no afternoon slot booked at the moment. Golf comes on at 3 so would have to be noon for NBC

Carolina/Nashville game 7 would fit in nicely for prime time too if it happens. I do think NBC would put the Bruins on in prime and the game 7 in the afternoon if both happen Saturday. NBC doesn’t care if the Canadian game is happening at the same time and doubt Rogers would fight it either if they get HNIC.

Nightmare scenario: Montreal/Toronto is the only game played Saturday. NBC would go with SNL reruns I’m sure.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Just bought seats - Loge 13 row 7. Going to be a mad house - couldn’t pass that up, especially for a “company” expense. Bringing very important clients - my wife, and two other hockey dads.

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
It's quite bizarre but at this point there is a decent chance tomorrow isn't sold out. Right now the Bruins are charging a lot more for a "standard ticket" than people are reselling "verified resale tickets" for. I assume at some point they will drop the price but it hasn't happened yet.

It seems like round 2 is always the worst value for season ticket holders, especially when the opponent isn't a classic opponent.

Reactions: 13Hockey

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Just fyi folks....

No commuter rail service from North Station after Saturday’s Bruins game, T says - The Boston Globe

Bruins fans coming to TD Garden for Saturday’s playoff game one of the second-round series with the New York Islanders will have limited options for getting home, as the last two commuter rail trains of the night leave North Station shortly after the game begins, according to the MBTA.
The game is set to draw the largest crowd the arena has seen since the coronavirus pandemic began, as TD Garden is allowed by the state, city, and NHL officials to return to near-full capacity on Saturday.
But thousands of fans who live outside Boston will need to drive or get a ride home, unless they want to walk out after the first period.

The final trains on the Newburyport/Rockport line will depart the station at 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., according to the T, not long after the puck hits the ice at 8 p.m. There will be no service on the Haverhill, Fitchburg, and Lowell lines, which run Monday to Friday.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Just got an email from the Bruins giving me the option to buy my regular seats for rounds 3 and 4

I am often critical of the Bruins operations/logistics but not this time. I think they handled round 2 as smoothly as could be expected ( to the point I went from passing to buying tickets for games 3 and 4) .
And rounds 3 and 4 seats are good to go.

Now all the Bs need to do is beat the Isles and we can all ( well almost all Lady Fan)go back to games as usual.

Reactions: sarge88

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Hmm Bruins forcing you to pay for 8 games for Rounds 3 n 4 even though it is mathematically impossible for the Bruins to have Home Ice in Round 3

If you chose the pay in full option instead of the pay as we play option

Last edited:

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
Hmm Bruins forcing you to pay for 8 games for Rounds 3 n 4 even though it is mathematically impossible for the Bruins to have Home Ice in Round 3

If you choice the pay in full option instead of the pay as we play option
Its pay as you play like always. You can pay in full but the majority will do pay as you play

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Its pay as you play like always. You can pay in full but the majority will do pay as you play
I just spoke to my rep and she said our seats will still be covered and we will have to sit elsewhere. I will get an email by Tuesday. Bummer

devilbruin

Mar 2, 2016
Ugh, I bought tickets to Saturday's game in the presale 3 weeks ago and of course it's the one day I have a prior commitment that I can't get out of.

Reactions: Cory Trevor

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
If anyone is interested for tomorrow night I have a pair in Loge 17 Row 17. $211 per ticket, Paypal Friends Or Family or Venmo.

Edit - No longer available

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->