OT: Ticket Thread - 2021/22 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Did anyone get any feedback from the Bruins claiming that there was a tech issue with TM.com? I'm seeing a bit of this in FB groups

Kind of. Mine reached out to acknowledge and apologize for the issues, but there wasn't a solution yet.

Let's be honest, the whole thing sucks, and the job of the ticket reps really suck because they can't really do anything. This all boils down to TicketMaster and how it is configured. Should people with 4 tickets have been allowed to buy two/two seat pods? No. You can rest assured that those people will go and sell the other two tickets.

Here's how this should have been rolled out. With capacity at 25% you should have allowed STHs to have 1 of the 4 games (assigned by the team) and then rotate for the next round. If you have 4 (or more) you can get a pod of 4. If you have 2 you can get 2. If you have 3 or 1 maybe you're allowed to buy 4 or 2 (I don't know I'm spitballing here.)

Whatever would be left over from STHs who don't buy them could be made available for general sale or perhaps to STHs who would like to go to more than 1 game.

This is what other teams do who offer partial season packages. If you get a 10 game pack you're provided 1 of the 4 games/round and the game number rotates each round.

Is it ideal? No, but what has been over the last year. Just don't take it out on your rep. Their job sucks enough already on days like yesterday.

Reactions: talkinaway

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Kind of. Mine reached out to acknowledge and apologize for the issues, but there wasn't a solution yet.

Let's be honest, the whole thing sucks, and the job of the ticket reps really suck because they can't really do anything. This all boils down to TicketMaster and how it is configured. Should people with 4 tickets have been allowed to buy two/two seat pods? No. You can rest assured that those people will go and sell the other two tickets.

Here's how this should have been rolled out. With capacity at 25% you should have allowed STHs to have 1 of the 4 games (assigned by the team) and then rotate for the next round. If you have 4 (or more) you can get a pod of 4. If you have 2 you can get 2. If you have 3 or 1 maybe you're allowed to buy 4 or 2 (I don't know I'm spitballing here.)

Whatever would be left over from STHs who don't buy them could be made available for general sale or perhaps to STHs who would like to go to more than 1 game.

This is what other teams do who offer partial season packages. If you get a 10 game pack you're provided 1 of the 4 games/round and the game number rotates each round.

Is it ideal? No, but what has been over the last year. Just don't take it out on your rep. Their job sucks enough already on days like yesterday.

Yup, I can’t for the life of me figure out why they didn’t randomize everyone into 4 groups, promising 1 game per round. Granted, not all configurations would be equal - everyone gets exactly one game 4, but the,ones who get game 4 in round 4 will be thrilled (or maybe not, given that we’re unlikely to have home ice then).

I feel for the reps. Mine also blasted out an email apologizing for the poor TM rollout, and, frankly, there’s not much he or the Bs could do.

But, playing the fox in the fox and the grapes, there’s so much uncertainty that it’s not really worth getting worked up over...both with respect to how many games will be played, when they’ll be played, and how many fans can come. We could have 16 games with the last 8 at 50% capacity....or we could have 2, with a pause ir reduction in capacity increase due to COVID restrictions if there’s a surge (doubtful, but....)

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
I’m in search of a single ticket to attend game 3 on Wednesday night. I know some people who are stuck with sets of 4 sometimes have trouble getting people to fill their last tickets so I figured I would post a message here.

I’m happy to sit with anyone who doesn’t mind sitting next to me of course. I’ve been fully vaccinated for a couple months now so it should be fine from a safety perspective.

I know it’s a long shot but figured it was worth a shot! Thanks everyone.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
With the COVID restrictions ending May 29th the Bruins should be able to offer tickets to everyone who got screwed for the second round. Only question is how far does the TD Garden push it % wise. They did claim could sell 40ish% and still keep parties 6 feet apart. (Can’t see them going over that just yet but Jacobs is greedy)

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
With the COVID restrictions ending May 29th the Bruins should be able to offer tickets to everyone who got screwed for the second round. Only question is how far does the TD Garden push it % wise. They did claim could sell 40ish% and still keep parties 6 feet apart. (Can’t see them going over that just yet but Jacobs is greedy)

why not 100% all Covid restrictions in Massachusetts are gone for everything may 29
Why stay 6 feet apart that rule no longer applies

Reactions: Saxon Eric

MrMars

May 26, 2006
why not 100% all Covid restrictions in Massachusetts are gone for everything may 29
Why stay 6 feet apart that rule no longer applies

Well I was thinking people who bought round two tickets maybe upset expecting to be 6 feet apart and going to 100% will anger some people. So I would wait till round 3 and then sell at 100% (minus the rows nhl makes them block off) that way no one is blind sided. Me personally I’d go if it’s 100% no issue at all, but know some people would have a problem with that and I’d say to each there own.

Reactions: 13Hockey

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Well I was thinking people who bought round two tickets maybe upset expecting to be 6 feet apart and going to 100% will anger some people. So I would wait till round 3 and then sell at 100% (minus the rows nhl makes them block off) that way no one is blind sided. Me personally I’d go if it’s 100% no issue at all, but know some people would have a problem with that and I’d say to each there own.

ya I don’t think Jacobs will care about people’s feelings he already has those peoples money if he can go 100% he will

Reactions: MrMars

MrMars

May 26, 2006
ya I don’t think Jacobs will care about people’s feelings he already has those peoples money if he can go 100% he will

Yeah, who are we kidding he would sell 100% tomorrow if he could and tell anyone who is upset to pound sand and have no regrets.

Reactions: 13Hockey

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Yeah, who are we kidding he would sell 100% tomorrow if he could and tell anyone who is upset to pound sand and have no regrets.

Yup as me and several other season tickets just found out they didn’t give 2 shits that I got no tickets to rounds 1 or 2 because of how they ran there process

16 years of season tickets and all I got was a sorry it was Ticketmaster’s fault

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Boston’s lagged behind Massachusetts by 2-3 weeks in lifting most restrictions, but I don’t know if that’ll be the case here. I wouldn’t immediately assume anything about playoffs yet.

I definitely see a case where some people will feel cheated that they paid a higher price for a ticket, assuming capacity would be such that they’d have a 6 foot bubble....and that capacity was pretty explicitly stated when they bought the ticket. I’d be pretty stoked if I was going to the Garden and thought that I’d have nearly a whole row to myself, and that YCFB wouldn’t be in front of me standing the whole game, next to me squishing me and getting up before the whistle, and behind me spilling beer on me.

On the other hand, if restrictions are lifted, those people have playoff tickets that they can now sell more easily in terms of breaking up seats, if all restrictions are lifted.

The other option would be to offer refunds to anyone who doesn’t want their tix. I would think they could turn around and resell them pretty easily.

Of course, this only matters if we make it to Round 2, anyway. Round 1 is too early for restriction lifting, and rounds 3-4 haven’t been sold.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Also no reason why Game 3 shouldn’t be 50% capacity

why do we have to be at 25% on the 19
But than 10 days later cAn be at 100%

MrMars

May 26, 2006
I could see the Mayor delaying it but would think it would of been announced by now (Which I believe it was in the past). I think there is a good chance she doesn’t this time. Won’t go into reasoning as don’t want to get political for obvious reasons. But we shall see. Few news outlets already writing about 100% for TD/Fenway on the 29th

If she does delay it I’m sure the Bruins/Red Sox/Celtics (Ok who we kidding there) will push hard for 50% on the 29th

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I could see the Mayor delaying it but would think it would of been announced by now (Which I believe it was in the past). I think there is a good chance she doesn’t this time. Won’t go into reasoning as don’t want to get political for obvious reasons. But we shall see. Few news outlets already writing about 100% for TD/Fenway on the 29th

If she does delay it I’m sure the Bruins/Red Sox/Celtics (Ok who we kidding there) will push hard for 50% on the 29th
Haven't seen anything from the city yet but I would still be cautiously optimistic for now.

I can also see the Garden still requiring face masks especially at 100% capacity.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Not ALL restrictions are gone.

Mass transit is still in place. All transit.
As well as independent businesses can make their own call.
As well as indoor schools, med facilities and nursing homes.
Further specific guidance will be coming out.

So be careful with “ALL”.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Not ALL restrictions are gone.

Mass transit is still in place. All transit.
As well as independent businesses can make their own call.
As well as indoor schools, med facilities and nursing homes.
Further specific guidance will be coming out.

So be careful with “ALL”.
Thanks Wally!

MrMars

May 26, 2006
Haven't seen anything from the city yet but I would still be cautiously optimistic for now.

I can also see the Garden still requiring face masks especially at 100% capacity.
I would feel so bad for the Ushers in that scenario, they couldn’t even keep up at 12% and I’ve seen some just flat out give up. Good luck with 100% and no mask restrictions outside / most stores. They would be overwhelmed.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I would feel so bad for the Ushers in that scenario, they couldn’t even keep up at 12% and I’ve seen some just flat out give up. Good luck with 100% and no mask restrictions outside / most stores. They would be overwhelmed.
Mayor Janey to speak at 2:30

My gut feeling is that Boston will not be 100% on May 29th.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The new Mayor has stumbled badly in the past week so I don't expect she will do much to anger people now.

BUT let's GET to Round 2 first

Reactions: MrMars and Alicat

MrMars

May 26, 2006

I bet the Bruins really regret selling round 2 so early now. Gut says they may not honor fact promised / sold tickets with 6 feet apart / pod advertised.

Wonder if everyone just goes back to their own season tickets holder seat with the exception of the rows blocked off by the NHL with a opt out option.

Like Fenway says need to get there first. But really am curious what they do. Would think that would be announced before round 1 ends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad