OT: Ticket Thread - 2021/22 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
RULES:

Here you can announce you have tickets to give away, to trade for future games, to sell at or below face value to other fans. You can also make requests to purchase tickets for certain games.

Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use and cannot be sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges.

Buy and Sell Tickets at your own risk. HFBoards is not responsible for bad deals.

*******Poster must post the ticket price.*******

HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

Previous thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1965413

Seat finder :

http://bruins.io-media.com/web/index.html

Reactions: Silva

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
So STH - whats your thoughts on the current situation? The Bruins are still charging for 2020-21 season that will start in 3 months knowing full well there is no chance they will have fans in the building. My feeling is the Bruins should be offering refunds or the ability to hold your seat until the 2021-22 season as some NHL teams have done. Knowing the Bruins history I think they will wait until last minute to keep everyone's money and interest and then say they will offer credits.

Reactions: Gordoff

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
The Bruins are run like a profit making business....so they will hold the money as long as they can and than try to tie people into the 21-22 season

My expectation- they will provide two options

1- get seats to 8 games this coming year ( assumes at some point the Garden will hold 20% capacity so each STH gets 20% of the season games) with the remaining money that has been collected credited to the 21-22 season

2- give up your STH status and get a 100% refund
- this is a really dicey play since I think a lot of people would want their money and the STH waiting list is a lot softer than it was a year ago

I would be shocked if they offered the take the year off and come back in 21-22 to your current seats option

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The Bruins are run like a profit making business....so they will hold the money as long as they can and than try to tie people into the 21-22 season

My expectation- they will provide two options

1- get seats to 8 games this coming year ( assumes at some point the Garden will hold 20% capacity so each STH gets 20% of the season games) with the remaining money that has been collected credited to the 21-22 season

2- give up your STH status and get a 100% refund
- this is a really dicey play since I think a lot of people would want their money and the STH waiting list is a lot softer than it was a year ago

I would be shocked if they offered the take the year off and come back in 21-22 to your current seats option

Doing the math for option 1 - you're assuming that there are 40 home games (pre-season AND regular season) for 2020-21 at 20% capacity? I have doubts. Massachusetts is going to be on the slow end of opening up. But even so, let's say a safe, effective, single-dose vaccine comes out in November and distribution is sufficient enough that we're able to get it to everyone in Massachusetts by Black Friday, which is probably around when the league wants to open. I don't think that's going to be the case, but even so, that means games start November 27. If we're going for an 80 game season and playing at a frenetic 4-in-7 pace (ie a typical schedule would be every weekend, Tuesday, and Thursday), the entire time with no breaks, that takes 140 days. That actually puts us to April 16. That's with pitch-perfect scheduling.

I suppose it could happen, but I have serious doubts it will. The other big issue is the US/Canadian border. But even if that's fixed, getting fans in the building on day 1? Nope. I think we're looking at March at the earliest for partial fan entry. At 4-in-7, that's about 6 weeks of hockey, or 12 home games total, unless they push the season forward. And at 20% capacity, that's about 2 games for a STH.

TD Garden's only events scheduled in the near future are Bocelli (two days in December) and Buble (March). Granted, they have to keep dates open to accommodate the NHL and NBA, but the Boston Opera House / Broadway in Boston isn't open until January so far - and I have my doubts about that. There's a Boston Speaker Series at Symphony Hall that shut down their entire 2020-21 season (follows the academic year), and is planning to start back up summer of 2021 with makeup speakers held back from March and April of 2020. And those are all smaller (read: safer) venues than the Garden.

If they're going to offer fans partial season tickets for 2020-21, they kind of have to give them the option of skipping 2020-21 and sticking in for 2021-2022. STHs have given the Bruins a nice interest-free loan since March, and to only receive 20% of the benefits of being a STH (not to mention playoffs for 2020, which are gone, and playoffs for 2021, which will be also limited - and no "meet the Bruins and take pictures" events) just isn't what we paid for. The waiting list is soft, and they know it. People will drop like flies. They got enough (deserved) bad press last year for squishing the seats.

I think the Sox are offering STHs 10% credit for any money they keep on account. I don't expect that from the Bruins. I know the Patriots are allowing their STHs (which is a highly robust list - although probably weaker now with only half of Bradychick) to skip out on 2020-21, and while their timing is earlier, it's a reasonable model that many Bruins STHs now know about.

I'm sure the Bruins, TD Garden, and Delaware North are hurting for money, but squeezing STHs isn't going to earn them goodwill. What they do in the next 5-6 months could keep lifelong fans in the seats - or could turn them off from going to games for a long time to come.

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
I couldnt agree with LadyFan anymore. Well put. The Bruins are still charging ST for games the 100% know full well wont be happening and that's a travesty to loyal customers. No way will fans be in the stadium in 2.5 months....NOT HAPPENING...so why keep charging for tickets? We are in a pandemic and a lot of people are financially stressed yet they think they can still charge for a product they arent going to have? As LadyFan stated even if they have a tiny % of fans allowed who is going to want to go other than college kids at this point? How about all the STH that don't feel comfortable going next season then what? Patriots let STH defer a year...Bruins silent. It is pathetic how poorly they treat their more loyal customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: talkinaway

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I have no intention of returning to the Garden as a STH. How they handled this was it for me.

My credit card number changed and I didn't update it. If they want to come after me for it, I'd be happy to have Maura Healey investigate how the financials of season ticket holders are being treated during this time.

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
I have no intention of returning to the Garden as a STH. How they handled this was it for me.

My credit card number changed and I didn't update it. If they want to come after me for it, I'd be happy to have Maura Healey investigate how the financials of season ticket holders are being treated during this time.

It has to be borderline fraud at this point. They are charging customers for something they 100% know they wont receive. We are paying for 42 games and there is no chance any of that happens while Jacobs sits in his billionaire home and collect interest off our money in a pandemic.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I do hate playing devil's advocate, especially literally against myself, but they do always rely to a degree on collecting money early from STHs. If you're on the most generous ten month plan, your first payment in March (usually) pay for tickets in September, and the final payment in December (usually) pays for April, in a normal 44 game season that's not shortened or delayed by a pandemic. That's 4-6 months of lead time. So if they're actually going to play a full season of games starting in November with fans (again, DOUBT IT), they'd normally collect between May and July.

Fact of the matter is that, right now, they need to allow any STHs who have already paid for tickets to opt out of the 2020-21 season, full money back - including fees. If they can't sell seats once the STHs have returned their tickets, lower the damn prices or enjoy the reduced capacity. Many STHs won't feel safe going to the games. It's the same concept as cancelling a game for a blizzard even though both teams are present - you're becoming an "attractive nuisance" that will cause harm to people unless you refund the money.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I wrote my ticket rep to ask if anything is in the works for halting payments or refunds and heard nothing back. I am sure they are starting to feel the heat from ticket holders as payments are still coming out. I think I have paid 7/10 payments at a minimum they should say - we aren’t collecting the final 3 payments as games for dec-Jan aren’t having fans and will revisit later on. They need to step up soon as I think people are realizing fans aren’t coming back in December so give us our money back. 2020-21 season should be washed out for STH and if they do allow fans have them buy online for those comfortable going.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I wrote my ticket rep to ask if anything is in the works for halting payments or refunds and heard nothing back. I am sure they are starting to feel the heat from ticket holders as payments are still coming out. I think I have paid 7/10 payments at a minimum they should say - we aren’t collecting the final 3 payments as games for dec-Jan aren’t having fans and will revisit later on. They need to step up soon as I think people are realizing fans aren’t coming back in December so give us our money back. 2020-21 season should be washed out for STH and if they do allow fans have them buy online for those comfortable going.

That guy is likely furloughed or laid off.

The route they are choosing is the absolute worst one last choice from a fans perspective. All so they can collect interest? How is that worth it? No way Baker is allowing a full house anytime soon.

I'm ready to go as soon as I'm allowed but I think my cheapo tickets will almost certainly come from them directly (at 25% when noone still wants to go) vs STs dumping them on the Hub.

A current Loge ST holder is probably the ONLY person who will be willing to spend that kind of money on hockey going forward. College kids who want balcony tickets for 20 bucks and will have to shove a sleeve of nips into a body cavity to avoid 15 dollar beers are gonna be their only customers until the pandemic is gone . Has anyone rode the commuter rail recently? Its empty.

Last edited by a moderator:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Got this gem in my mail today...

Bruins ticket rep said:
If you would like to have your Playoff Passes as a keepsake, please click here to schedule your drive-by pickup. You will simply pullover and we’ll distribute through your passenger window. Due to TD Garden being closed, I am unable to mail this to you, so if you’d like yours, please schedule your drive-by pickup and we’ll have it there for you!

1) FFS, they haven't figured out a way to open the Garden temporarily by now? Admittedly, I have no idea how many people it would take to mail out the playoff passes to STHs - but it surely would be more efficient to do that than to have a conga line of cars at Warrior - and you've got to have staff to hand out the tix, too. If it's a genuine health and safety thing, I get it.

2) Wait, so when playoffs DO happen, we have to pay a $20-$25 fee to get the passes. But when they DON'T happen (at least in the Garden), they're free?

3) The "Playoff Pass" seems to be an extension of this year's "STH pass" - ie their way to nix individual hard copy tickets. Granted, we're in a totally different place now than we were in October of 2019, but individual commemorative tickets for stub collectors would be nice. And ain't no way individual tickets are coming back - contactless all the way now.

4) Is anyone so eager for these that they can't wait another few months until the Garden opens? May or June?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Got this gem in my mail today...

4) Is anyone so eager for these that they can't wait another few months until the Garden opens? May or June?

I'm not eager to get at all to get the playoff pass. I didn't have the in person game experience and why would I want a keepsake to remind me of the disappointment of this year's playoff performance. Plus I have to drive to Warrior to get it? Hard pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gopher13

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
Patriots just announced no fans this season - keep in mind its an outdoor stadium as well.....Bruins are still charging their STH.....

Reactions: northeastern

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Patriots just announced no fans this season - keep in mind its an outdoor stadium as well.....Bruins are still charging their STH.....

Yup - as of tomorrow, Bruins fans on a 10 month installment plan (from March to December) will have paid for almost 40 games out of 44, or for an 80 game season out of 88 games in a normal year (including preseason). I know Boston is probably one of the last cities that will open up thanks to the mixture of politics, demographics, and epidemiology, so our situation is unique. But I think even in less crowded places where the virus is under more control (Canada? Although Ontario has had a surge, I think...), they're not going to have a complete season.

I get that they have to prepare for the "best case scenario" - ie that vaccine that was announced today is as good as it seems, that it suddenly doesn't need to be kept at -80 degrees, that distribution is easy and flawless, and that everyone gets vaccinated without any problems. Even then, I can't see indoor arenas opening up to even 50%.

The NHL and the Bruins need to address this with STHs. They shouldn't take the 9th out of 10 payment from anyone, whether they ask for a deferment or not. If we're starting in January (which is optimistic), we're sure to lose a few games. An ESPN article a week ago said 48-65 games as an estimate, which sounds reasonable. We've already paid for 35 home games, with 4-5 more coming tomorrow. Perhaps SOMEWHERE in the league they can have some fans in stands in January, but it's not looking like Boston is in that category.

The other issue is if fans will have an appetite for sports. Ratings are down in all leagues. Attendance and spending for the NHL arenas probably will be, too, even if you didn't have a cap or an outright ban on fans.

I know Maura Healey asked for TD Garden to pay workers a week or so after the pause in March. I imagine she's also aware of the multiple ticketing fiascos that are taking place, both in sports and other entertainment venues.

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
Its unbelievable that the Bruins havent really addressed this with the STH. Its trying times and people need that discretionary money and instead the Bruins will collect the $175,000,000.00 from its most loyal customers and make money off of the interest. Bruins ownership once again shows they only care about profit and not the fans. There is ZERO chance the Bruins play 88 games, ZERO chance they play 44 home events, ZERO chance they have 18500 fans allowed.....so stop with the payments!

MrMars

May 26, 2006
Someone posted a response yesterday from a rep on the Facebook Bruins season ticket holder group. Leaving names out but is word for word

Hope you're doing well!

Completely understand your concerns. The NHL plans to play all 44 home games of the 2020-21 Bruins season with spectators. Since our 2020-21 season isn't impacted, we've continued preparing the season as usual and continued our flexible payment plans as usual. We are 2-3 months away from Opening Day, so if anything changes as we get closer, STHs will be the first to know and presented with options.

Please keep an eye on your email for updates.

Thanks!

I cannot not respond to that how I would like to in a public forum, if the e-mail is legit (99.9% sure it is) they are out of their minds!!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Someone posted a response yesterday from a rep on the Facebook Bruins season ticket holder group. Leaving names out but is word for word

Hope you're doing well!

Completely understand your concerns. The NHL plans to play all 44 home games of the 2020-21 Bruins season with spectators. Since our 2020-21 season isn't impacted, we've continued preparing the season as usual and continued our flexible payment plans as usual. We are 2-3 months away from Opening Day, so if anything changes as we get closer, STHs will be the first to know and presented with options.

Please keep an eye on your email for updates.

Thanks!

I cannot not respond to that how I would like to in a public forum, if the e-mail is legit (99.9% sure it is) they are out of their minds!!

If that is a response from any time in the past month, that is ludicrous.

The more accurate way to phrase it would be to say that the NHL has not yet cancelled any games, and that the city and state have not ruled out mass gatherings during the entirety of the projected 2020-21 season. Can TD Garden open in June 2021 at reduced capacity? Nobody knows.

The real problem is that the NHL and NHLPA Return To Play committee hasn't figured out the season yet. The international aspect is probably a big sticking point, when you compare it to the other 3 major leagues, who have a grand total of 2 Canadian teams, one of which relocated for the year. (And the latest rumor is that the Raptors may go south for the winter in Nashville.)

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
According to the NHL they want to attempt to start in January 1st which seems like a stretch. Most outlets all agree that it would be a shortened season with max of 65 games and a minimum of 48 games. Right now the max gathering size is 10 people - allowing 18,000+ indoors ain't happening any time in the near future that's for sure. Lets add in the factor that say they do allow 25% capacity - some STH wont feel comfortable going to events like that. Bottom line is they arent playing a full season they arent playing to full capacity yet are charging STH full amount.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
According to the NHL they want to attempt to start in January 1st which seems like a stretch. Most outlets all agree that it would be a shortened season with max of 65 games and a minimum of 48 games. Right now the max gathering size is 10 people - allowing 18,000+ indoors ain't happening any time in the near future that's for sure. Lets add in the factor that say they do allow 25% capacity - some STH wont feel comfortable going to events like that. Bottom line is they arent playing a full season they arent playing to full capacity yet are charging STH full amount.

Of course, theoretically, that 25% capacity could be foisted mostly upon the STHs who have already committed their money, basically meaning very few single game sales. But if the folks next to me are STHs and we are both forced to continue...they're going to have to reseat people.

I'm sure there's some fine print in the STH terms and conditions that says that you're not really guaranteed your specific seat, and they can find a "similar" seat which may or may not be a group that's together in your old configuration - six seats may become 4 + 2. Of course, the fact that it's technically legal is a bit of a moot point with a publicly watched institution like the Bruins - if they do anything that could be perceived as screwing over STHs by the public (forcing elderly STHs to pay for games they don't feel comfortable attending, moving people around, offering no type of refund), it should hit the media pretty fast. Sports reporters aren't reporting sports - they may as well report on how the Bruins are dealing with ticketing for the next season.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
My money is on the flying pigs before people are allowed in as spectators this season.

Yup....this season - if there is a season- will be played in empty arenas

Meanwhile- as of the December payment the Bs will be -conservatively- sitting on $80 million in STH payments ( 44 games x$150 ave. seat price x 12,000 STHs) and there has been ZERO communications

Not sure whether it's a case of oblivious management, disdainful management or greedy management- or more likely a combination of all three. In any case it will get ugly come January .....I have been a Bs fan all my life ( all the way back to the Orr days ) and this is truly the first time where I question whether I want to continue as a STH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad