OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins' started by TP, Apr 19, 2016.

1. TP

TP Global Moderator

Awards:
    RULES:

Here you can announce you have tickets to give away, to trade for future games, to sell at or below face value to other fans. You can also make requests to purchase tickets for certain games.

Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use and cannot be sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges.

Buy and Sell Tickets at your own risk. HFBoards is not responsible for bad deals.

*******Poster must post the ticket price.*******

HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

Previous thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1965413

Seat finder :

http://bruins.io-media.com/web/index.html

2. talkinaway

talkinaway Registered User

Ticketmaster seats are 100% guaranteed. Even the red, recycle ones. You get a brand new bar code, and the ticket has your name on it. If something goes wrong, the person you yell at is right on the first floor of North Station (where TD Garden is) in the ticket window. This is the absolute highest level of safety. As long as the order goes through their system, you're good.

Ace Tickets has a 200% Guarantee. If your ticket is invalid, they give you an "equivalent" one or better, or you get double your money back. That gives them the impetus to find you a ticket if yours is, for some random reason, invalid. I think they buy their tickets from known STHs or actual ticket brokers in advance - the STH can sell the ticket months in advance and Ace holds on to it until it sells. It's the opposite of consignment - if I had tickets to sell, I'd email Ace, and they'd say whether they want to buy them, and for how much. If I said yes, I get the money then and there - and now the ticket is Ace's problem. That said, "I" would have to be a highly trusted, regular vendor for Ace, I think. I would call this "high-to--very-high-medium" level of safety - again, with 200% of the money on the line, they are very motivated to get you in. Their office is located right across the street from the Garden - near the T stop, easily accessible.

StubHub has a FanProtect Guarantee. You either get in, or you get your money back...or you get store credit (!). Their choice. StubHub literally is consignment - I post my ticket, and you buy it. You have to trust that I won't use my ticket. Of course, to guarantee that trust, StubHub has my credit card, and if you say my ticket is invalid...they hit me with a huge fee. If you buy a ticket and I later decide that I didn't want to sell it and rescind it...again, huge fee. Plus, both of these instances will cause StubHub to review my account and perhaps determine that I should not be allowed to sell on StubHub. They probably wouldn't let me relist the same ticket over again - that's just lame. I consider this "high-to-medium" safety - I haven't bought from StubHub much lately, but I've only had problems maybe once or twice 5-6 years ago. Both times I got in for no charge, but this wasn't a SCF game. They have no local office - it's an 800 number you have to deal with.

Maine Fan, Lordstanley and Fenway like this.
  3. Ladyfan

Ladyfan Miss Savvy , Looch and Quaider Sponsor

This is very good info for folks looking for tickets !

Maine Fan and Fenway like this.
  4. xjoeyc23x

xjoeyc23x Registered User

Anyone looking to purchase tix on the secondary market:

Seatgeek - REDWHITEBLUE - 10% off
    Vivid seats - PLAYOFFS19 - up to $75 off

5. dtam83

dtam83 Registered User

They are guaranteed, they reissue the tickets and cancel the old ones. Not sure if seller is allowed to cancel, probably not unless it's immediate

6. talkinaway

One other thing to note: Sellers on Ace and StubHub are expressly forbidden from taking back or using tickets that are sold. So if stuff like that happens, it's NOT allowed by their terms of service. And that's true even if market price increases on the ticket you've sold. If you do so, you run the risk of being blackballed on those platforms. So, it is part of the "risk" of buying off of StubHub - but in an ideal world, it shouldn't be.

Also, if your ticket is invalid, there's nothing wrong with aggressively negotiating. I think I've had bad tickets given to me less than 2% of the time on StubHub. (Again, not SCF tix.) One time, I'd bought one of the cheapest tickets available a day or two in advance, and I got a call from StubHub the morning of the game saying the ticket was now "unavailable" and I was getting a refund. I didn't find this acceptable - the tickets that they had were now more expensive, and I knew if they were going to offer me a replacement ticket, it would be from that inventory. I whined a bit, and they eventually acquiesced. Your mileage may vary.

Remember, when a sale goes bad like this, StubHub DOES make money off of it because they charge the seller for the bad transaction. They can use some of that money to appease the buyer with a new ticket. In fact, that's the reason fees are (loosely) proportional to ticket prices on StubHub - they're essentially insuring your ticket, so that they can buy you a new ticket if the sale goes down.

7. BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad Registered User

Good post Talkinaway one thing I’d add Re stub hub is to always hang up and call back immediately in hopes of getting a more helpful rep in situations like he described if you don’t think they are gonna do it.

sooshii and talkinaway like this.
  8. Bocephus86

Bocephus86 Registered User

I'm checking Stubhub, Ticketmaster, Ace & Seatgeek for tickets to tonights game; hoping to see it dip below 550 w/ all fees. Anyone have any luck waiting on drops historically? I generally dont attend big playoff games so I'm not used to trying to time tickets like this. My main problem is I gotta know by like 3 as I have to then get someone to watch my dog & then get in town to meet up with my buddy, grab some food, and head in.

9. talkinaway

I think with a high demand game like this, you're not going to get some huge dip at 7:30. Or even at 3. My advice would be: If you're happy with the price and seat you see, and you can afford it, grab now before someone else does. If you wait, the get-in price could drop $10...or it could rise by $30, $40. I imagine that the floor is closer than the ceiling. Pairs of tickets are now $504 on Ace plus 15% fee, but if three couples buy tickets, you're up to $525.

Then again, we're in moderately uncharted territory here. I imagine the market's changed a lot in 6 years. The beer prices at the Garden sure have.

Bocephus86 likes this.
  10. BruinsFan1990

BruinsFan1990 Registered User

They just released "single seat offers" for game two priced at 399, totally undercutting everyone else. Absolutely ridiculous.

EDIT: It might actually help if these ticket sell fast, as supply will decrease substantially.

11. Bocephus86

I'm really locked in at that 550 cap. To be frank, I prefer watching games like this at home as 1. I am a ball of nervous energy during playoff games and 2. I like the product on my sweet TV, but I would love to experience the atmosphere, and I drunkenly told a buddy of mine that I'd go with him if we made the Cup, so I can't back out on him.

We'll see what happens over the next few hours. If I know my friend, he's going to text me "what's the difference between 550 and 625?" in about 3 hours anyway.

talkinaway likes this.
  12. talkinaway

That's $505 (!) with fees. Granted, it's about $75 more on Ace, but those TicketMaster fees are nuts, when they literally have to guarantee nothing. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this winds up being a little cheaper than Game 1, since Monday was effectively a Sunday with the holiday. I noticed a LOT of Blues jerseys Monday - probably people making an impromptu Memorial Day trip. I can see why...their lowest ticket on Saturday night is $736 + 21.5% on TM. Game 4 is about the same.

13. Looch

Looch B's, C's, Sox & Pats

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 12.23.18 PM.png

Yeah over $500 with fees. I was able to buy a single for a client 2 hours before the game monday night at $490 with all fees included. There will be some deals late. but they will go quick.

Last edited by moderator Fenway: May 29, 2019
  14. MAINE-IAC

MAINE-IAC Registered User

lobsterman
    Home Page:
    What section? Curious how good a deal you can get on a single ?

15. Bocephus86

My buddy found a pair through work for 525 each. On the train now. It all came together around lunch then I was scrambling to get work squared away/get a dog sitter and get going. Can't wait, let's go boys.

16. MAINE-IAC

lobsterman
    Home Page:
    If anyone has a single for game five pm me

17. HumBucker

HumBucker Registered User

So it looks like the going prices for Game 5 are in the $1k range? Yikes. Too bad. I just started a new job with an airline and my travel benefits are just kicking in, so I could fly myself and my brother (also a huge B's fan) to Boston for next to nothing.

Oh well, next year maybe. :naughty:

Chief Nine and GabeTravels like this.
  18. MAINE-IAC

lobsterman
    Home Page:
    I have 4 seats to the Red Sox vs Yankees Friday July 26th. They’re EMC CLUB seats behind home plate. Awesome seats. Full bar and restaurant with air conditioning. . Full Wait staff for the seats. Private bathrooms. Comes with free parking . Hard tickets. Willing to trade for game 5 bruins tix. Let me know if anyone is interested.

19. Jayvidson

Jayvidson Registered User

Hey everyone. Two diehard Bruins fans flying in from Calgary for Game 5 and looking for tickets. If you have a pair please let me know.

BigGoalBrad likes this.
  20. Bruin

Bruin Registered User

If this question isn't allowed please delete. Is this ticket thread just for Bruins games or does it include Red Sox, Pats tickets also? Thanks.

21. TP

TP Global Moderator

Awards:
    all tickets. But please read the rules if you are selling.

22. Bruin

Bruin Registered User

Thanks TP.

TP likes this.
  23. BigGoalBrad

Good luck but please be wary of scammers anyone selling tickets for cheaper than the get in price on stubhub/ticketmaster likely has bad intentions. I honestly think if we win tonight that $1,000.00 to get in the door Thursday will go up to $1,500.00 you might want to bite the bullet if possible and you have flights booked. If we lose tonight it will go down to 5 or 6 hundred.

Jayvidson likes this.
  24. Jayvidson

Jayvidson Registered User

I agree with those numbers. Going to wait and pay what I have to pay at this point.

25. Looch

Looch B's, C's, Sox & Pats

Balconies down under $600 and loges under $1200, at the moment.

26. BigGoalBrad

Damn the service fees are insane. Currently seeing 175 in fees for 473 ticket on stubhub for Thursday thats 36.7% and doesn't account for the 10% they are going to take off that 473 on the sellers end. This is beyond outrageous. Can't there be some sort of class action suit against stubhub or something to keep them in check.