OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Pair of tickets, 302 (Bruins shoot twice blue line) row 12. $80 each face, will take $60 each ticket.

1/8 (Tuesday) vs Wild
2/5 (Tuesday) vs Islanders

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Anyone selling a pair to Boston/Ottawa March 9th? In town to see the concert that weekend with the wife and looking forward to taking her to her first Bruins game! May also try for the 7th if available as well.

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Hi guys.

I’m pretty new to these boards so a big hello from Old England!

My girlfriend and I will be coming over to Boston from the 8th to the 15th February to take in the 3 games against the Kings, Avs and Hawks. It’s all a big trip she has put together for my 40th birthday, Bruins Hockey, Sam on tap and Regina Pizza, she knows me so well!

We have tickets for the Chicago game from Ticketmaster, pretty good looking seats in Loge 9, row 2.

So I’m currently looking for tickets for the two other games on the 9th & 10th.

We were over in Boston a couple of years ago for the last three games of the regular season, we bought good tickets for the Caps games on Ticketmaster which cost a small fortune then managed to pick up canny tickets in the balcony for the Ottawa and TB games from the box office for I think around $70 each.

Are there normally tickets available from the box office or did I just get lucky as it was midweek games at the end of the season?

Is there anywhere else to pick up tickets close to face value?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Honestly, I've been to the box office once...and that was to pick up Celtics tickets I "won" for being a bit of a smart alec to Dunkin Donuts on Twitter. I imagine their inventory mirrors what's available on Ticketmaster - however, I have no idea if they sell the red, "recycle symbol", secondary market tickets, or if they just sell the blue dot, primary-sale tickets. Maybe someone else who actually has used the box office knows. (I also don't know if they charge you the crazy fees - if not, it's a GREAT reason to use it!)

Both TM and the box office are 100% safe: if something "goes awry" with your ticket when you buy it from either TicketMaster, the box office, or TicketsNow (which is the same as TicketMaster but just shows the resale tickets), you should be able to get it fixed at the box office.

As far as timing...this year, ticket prices have been going way, way down as you approach the date of the game...at least for the "get in" price (ie the cheapest ticket, typically rows 10-15 in the balcony on the end, which still have an unobstructed view, but are much farther than loge 9 row 2.) It's way cheaper than last year. My theory is that the Red Sox have sucked up a lot of the oxygen in the room: people probably blew their budget last October for World Series tickets, and may be planning to shift spending to the Red Sox this spring/summer, so STHs are dumping their tickets to resell. More supply, less demand = cheap prices.

Then again, those two games are on the first weekend after football ends - that's really when hockey and basketball season really start for the average Boston sports fan. The tickets seem a little overpriced to me, especially considering that LA is literally the worst team in the league, Colorado's barely average, and they're not even in our conference. Then again, weekend games always get a premium.

You may try looking on Ace Ticket: they have had the cheapest "get in" price for virtually every game. They're local; they have a location literally across Causeway from TD Garden, so if you have a problem, you can go there in person. I've never had a problem with tickets bought at Ace, but the one caveat with "unofficial" resellers is that the real box office can't help you - only they can. However, they do have a guarantee - they get you in with the seat you originally bought or better, or they give you double your money back.

You could also try StubHub - they have a bigger selection in the lower bowl, it looks like. But remember to check the fees before you buy - StubHub charges 21-25%, plus $2.50 per ticket. AceTicket is a flat 15%. Ticketmaster recycled tickets are 21.5% last time I checked. One warning is that StubHub has no local presence, and if your ticket is bad (aka a naughty reseller decided to use the ticket themselves and not tell you), they have the right to simply refund your money or give you an upgraded ticket - their choice, and it's not "double or nothing" like Ace. That happens rarely with StubHub...I wouldn't say it NEVER happens, but it's pretty rare.

One thing to note: Almost all tickets are mobile. That's new as of 2-3 years ago. If you have an iPhone, you can download the ticket to your wallet. I think Android requires a live connection, but I could be wrong. Might be an issue if you're roaming-averse, although the Garden itself does have Wi-Fi.

Reactions: Geordie Bruin

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Thanks for the info, that’s a great help.

Think we will just wait until we get to Boston then check what’s available.

Been looking at tickets in Promenade Section 9 on ticketmaster. Does anyone know if it’s any good up there? Or is the Balcony a better option?

Jeff

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Thanks for the info, that’s a great help.

Think we will just wait until we get to Boston then check what’s available.

Been looking at tickets in Promenade Section 9 on ticketmaster. Does anyone know if it’s any good up there? Or is the Balcony a better option?

Jeff

When Jack says he’s “high above the ice” on the NESN home feeds, that’s exactly what he means - he’s center ice on the northern section of the promenade, floor 9. So, you get to see the action like Jack sees it - and it’s similar to what’s on TV, a high view (although the cameras are on the suite level, floor 6.). I think the scratched players sit on the north side too, on the western “Bruins shoot 2x” half...but I could be wrong. Most of the tickets for sale are on the south side, and AFAIK there’s not an easy way to break through to see the stars.

So...for a view, the promenade is pretty good, if you’re not on the wrong side of a column - ie the rightmost seat in a section where you’re looking right. There’s only one “row”, and you get a nice little desk-like perch that you can stick your cell phone or drinks on. The seats are movable folding chairs, not permanent. You do sort of jut out, so even though there are 15 balcony rows, you’re more or less directly above row 5.

As far as atmosphere....it’s quieter up there. Just doing the math on the south side, there’s about 8-10 seats per section, and I think about 25 sections, so we’re talking about 250 people. That’s less than ONE section of the 30 sections of balconies.

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Thanks for the help

One more question, has anyone watched a game from the AT&T Sports deck?

There’s a couple of standing tickets available on Ace Ticket so any info will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jeff

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Thanks for the help

One more question, has anyone watched a game from the AT&T Sports deck?

There’s a couple of standing tickets available on Ace Ticket so any info will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jeff

This is a highly personalized opinion - keep in mind that I'm short enough to make Marchand look like Chara. The SRO area in the Sports Deck stiiiiiiiiiiinks. Granted, I've only been in the SRO zone once, and it was about 4-5 years ago. (Versus Minnesota on or around St. Patrick's Day. I remember those details because there was a hat giveaway, and because hometown boy Charlie Coyle was playing - and this was soon after he became a bit of an internet meme for waving at a kiddo.)

The actual area is nice enough - there's a bar where you can get soda for free, and alcoholic drinks for the Massachusetts mandated non-happy-hour prices. (Please tip the bartender in that area anyway, especially for freebies.) They also have free random appetizers - enough that you probably won't have to eat the crappy Sal's Pizza. But the view of the ice is the NHL19 long view, not the standard TV view. Hard to see what's happening on the other end of the ice. And, being short, it's the ONE place in the Garden where it's a big disadvantage for me.

Plus, it's considered a "Premium Seat". That means you get access to a sort of dining hall-type area that's actually right behind the Sports Bar, if you really do need more food. That area is also where Dale Arnold and his buddies do the intermission show - you can watch it live if you zip out. You also get access to the fifth and sixth floor "Sports Museum" display areas - you can walk around before the game and see the original seating for the Garden, the original parquet floor, and some old uniforms of local teams (Celtics, Bruins, college teams, etc.)

Is it a cool seating area if you're local and want to "try something different" after being in the same old balcony or loge seats for awhile? Yeah. If you're coming in once? Nah. For the Kings game, I see the SROs at $251 and some club seats in 107 for $266. If I had to buy one of those tickets today, I'd plunk down the extra $15 and get the club seats - they're also Premium (come with same access to food court, Dale, and memorabilia, but no free apps/sodas), and have the best plush seats in the Garden, hands down. Unfortunately, those club seats only come in 1 or 3, which is probably why they're cheap.

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
can't make the game this Thursday vs the Blues. row 5 balcony behind the net - bruins shoot 2x - $118/pair (STH face). payment via paypal/venmo, mobile tickets transferred via bruins account.

PM if interested.

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
This is a highly personalized opinion - keep in mind that I'm short enough to make Marchand look like Chara. The SRO area in the Sports Deck stiiiiiiiiiiinks. Granted, I've only been in the SRO zone once, and it was about 4-5 years ago. (Versus Minnesota on or around St. Patrick's Day. I remember those details because there was a hat giveaway, and because hometown boy Charlie Coyle was playing - and this was soon after he became a bit of an internet meme for waving at a kiddo.)

The actual area is nice enough - there's a bar where you can get soda for free, and alcoholic drinks for the Massachusetts mandated non-happy-hour prices. (Please tip the bartender in that area anyway, especially for freebies.) They also have free random appetizers - enough that you probably won't have to eat the crappy Sal's Pizza. But the view of the ice is the NHL19 long view, not the standard TV view. Hard to see what's happening on the other end of the ice. And, being short, it's the ONE place in the Garden where it's a big disadvantage for me.

Plus, it's considered a "Premium Seat". That means you get access to a sort of dining hall-type area that's actually right behind the Sports Bar, if you really do need more food. That area is also where Dale Arnold and his buddies do the intermission show - you can watch it live if you zip out. You also get access to the fifth and sixth floor "Sports Museum" display areas - you can walk around before the game and see the original seating for the Garden, the original parquet floor, and some old uniforms of local teams (Celtics, Bruins, college teams, etc.)

Is it a cool seating area if you're local and want to "try something different" after being in the same old balcony or loge seats for awhile? Yeah. If you're coming in once? Nah. For the Kings game, I see the SROs at $251 and some club seats in 107 for $266. If I had to buy one of those tickets today, I'd plunk down the extra $15 and get the club seats - they're also Premium (come with same access to food court, Dale, and memorabilia, but no free apps/sodas), and have the best plush seats in the Garden, hands down. Unfortunately, those club seats only come in 1 or 3, which is probably why they're cheap.

:laugh: I’ll give the sports deck a swerve then! My girlfriend is only a little ‘un too so your info is very helpful!

Thanks for your help man. Can’t wait to get back to Boston.

Espresso Martini

Apr 12, 2016
Question: can you use s screen shot of tickets? Will it scan? Someone gave my son tickets for Saturday nights game but it is s screen shot of the tickets. I called Ticketmaster and they said “probably not”.

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
Question: can you use s screen shot of tickets? Will it scan? Someone gave my son tickets for Saturday nights game but it is s screen shot of the tickets. I called Ticketmaster and they said “probably not”.

Just a screenshot of the QR code? They'll work just fine if so.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I have literally seen people inside the Garden with a piece of paper with a huge blown up QR code that takes up almost the entire 8.5x11 sheet of paper....and that's on the "good side" of the turnstiles. I have no idea where they got this strange piece of paper, but I can only assume it worked.

So, I presume a screenshot of a QR ticket presented on your phone would work if it's a screenshot of a normal, valid QR code - ie the person who sold it to you had a valid QR code themselves, AND they didn't use it already to get into the game. I think for a brief period, StubHub had some mechanism where they sent out the equivalent of screenshots, or had QR codes within their app that weren't official. This was 2-3 years ago...I bought one, and it worked out just fine.

If your son's friend has the ACTUAL tickets via Ticketmaster, it's probably better if his friend were to send it using Ticketmaster's "transfer" function. But if the ticket itself is a secondary market ticket...it'll probably work, but it can't be guaranteed, and I'm sure Ticketmaster can't guarantee it if it isn't sold directly from them.

Espresso Martini

Apr 12, 2016
I have literally seen people inside the Garden with a piece of paper with a huge blown up QR code that takes up almost the entire 8.5x11 sheet of paper....and that's on the "good side" of the turnstiles. I have no idea where they got this strange piece of paper, but I can only assume it worked.

So, I presume a screenshot of a QR ticket presented on your phone would work if it's a screenshot of a normal, valid QR code - ie the person who sold it to you had a valid QR code themselves, AND they didn't use it already to get into the game. I think for a brief period, StubHub had some mechanism where they sent out the equivalent of screenshots, or had QR codes within their app that weren't official. This was 2-3 years ago...I bought one, and it worked out just fine.

If your son's friend has the ACTUAL tickets via Ticketmaster, it's probably better if his friend were to send it using Ticketmaster's "transfer" function. But if the ticket itself is a secondary market ticket...it'll probably work, but it can't be guaranteed, and I'm sure Ticketmaster can't guarantee it if it isn't sold directly from them.

Thanks for the info. Someone my son is friendly with at the gym gave him the tickets as he couldn’t go due to a family thing. Those were my thoughts exactly about the transfer but Apparently this guy was going to use the screen shot himself. I guess we will see.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Thanks for the info. Someone my son is friendly with at the gym gave him the tickets as he couldn’t go due to a family thing. Those were my thoughts exactly about the transfer but Apparently this guy was going to use the screen shot himself. I guess we will see.

Screen shots absolutely work. Roughly a third of the time I buy tickets from a broker network to fulfill a sale for a client I receive screen shots instead of a ticketmaster transfer. Both are standard forms of "electronic" tickets. If the tickets are listed as "electronic transfer" they are suppose to be transferred (original bar coded voided and new tickets with new barcodes sent to the new buyer). That new buyer now has the ability to forward or transfer the tickets to another person. If they are listed as "instant download" the screen shots have already been uploaded to the seller's point of sale system. So when the buyer purchases the tickets they receive the screen shots within a minute of placing the order and there is no actual transfer that takes place through ticketmaster.

Ideally a seller always wants to try to do a transfer instead of sending screen shots. If they send screen shots a buyer can still claim they didn't get into the game because the gate attendant said someone else already arrived and used their tickets. All the buyer needs to do is send a screen of of the tickets to a friend and ask them to to go up to the gate and try to use the tickets after they already get in. So now there is a record of the tickets being rejected on the area's/team's books. After the game the buyer of the tickets files a claim with stub hub saying they didn't get in. They receive 100% refund from SH as well as some additions compensation (generally in the form of a future credit on the SH account). SH contacts the seller and tells them the buyer's tickets didn't work and they will need to provide SH with evidence that the tickets were accepted and not rejected. If any tickets were rejected at the gate the buyer is SOL and they get a chargeback of generally at least double the original sale price of the tickets and sometimes much more.

Just last week I had a sale through seatgeak where a buyer tried to claim (the day after the game) I only sent them one single ticket out of the pair they were suppose to receive. I simply provided seatgeek with the email from ticketmaster showing the buyer successfully claimed both tickets that were transferred to them. I have never had an issue with a fraudulent claim going through on a ticketmaster transfer.

Espresso Martini

Apr 12, 2016
Screen shots absolutely work. Roughly a third of the time I buy tickets from a broker network to fulfill a sale for a client I receive screen shots instead of a ticketmaster transfer. Both are standard forms of "electronic" tickets. If the tickets are listed as "electronic transfer" they are suppose to be transferred (original bar coded voided and new tickets with new barcodes sent to the new buyer). That new buyer now has the ability to forward or transfer the tickets to another person. If they are listed as "instant download" the screen shots have already been uploaded to the seller's point of sale system. So when the buyer purchases the tickets they receive the screen shots within a minute of placing the order and there is no actual transfer that takes place through ticketmaster.

Ideally a seller always wants to try to do a transfer instead of sending screen shots. If they send screen shots a buyer can still claim they didn't get into the game because the gate attendant said someone else already arrived and used their tickets. All the buyer needs to do is send a screen of of the tickets to a friend and ask them to to go up to the gate and try to use the tickets after they already get in. So now there is a record of the tickets being rejected on the area's/team's books. After the game the buyer of the tickets files a claim with stub hub saying they didn't get in. They receive 100% refund from SH as well as some additions compensation (generally in the form of a future credit on the SH account). SH contacts the seller and tells them the buyer's tickets didn't work and they will need to provide SH with evidence that the tickets were accepted and not rejected. If any tickets were rejected at the gate the buyer is SOL and they get a chargeback of generally at least double the original sale price of the tickets and sometimes much more.

Just last week I had a sale through seatgeak where a buyer tried to claim (the day after the game) I only sent them one single ticket out of the pair they were suppose to receive. I simply provided seatgeek with the email from ticketmaster showing the buyer successfully claimed both tickets that were transferred to them. I have never had an issue with a fraudulent claim going through on a ticketmaster transfer.

Thank you.

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
Tues Feb 5 vs New York Islanders. Section 313 Row 9 (side Bruins shoot twice). $61 per of ticket. I have 2 or 4 available, all next to each other in a row. PM me if interested. thanks

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
Selling three upcoming Tuesday games. My seats are in Section 314 Row 13. Paypal/Venmo payment preferred but I can meet in person if you prefer.
  • Tuesday February 5th vs. NY Islanders 7pm - $55 (less than face value)
  • Tuesday February 12th vs. Chicago 7pm - $62 (face value - a great value)
  • Tuesday February 26th vs. San Jose - 7pm - $62 (face value - a good price to see one of the league's top teams)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad