OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Anyone selling NYR at BOS 1/19? 3 to 4 tix. Looking to take my friend who helped me install my wood floors. He's a big Rangers fan.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Going on a football trip on November 13-14th. Im looking for 4 tickets for the matchup between Wings and Bruins on November 13th.

Do you know you'll have another tickets sale soon?

If not, does someone ha a cheaper option than what we can see on resales?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Going on a football trip on November 13-14th. Im looking for 4 tickets for the matchup between Wings and Bruins on November 13th.

Do you know you'll have another tickets sale soon?

If not, does someone ha a cheaper option than what we can see on resales?

Do you mean 10/13? Because the Bruins will be on a Western Conference mini-tour on the week of 11/13, and the Patriots are indeed here on 10/14, but aren't here the entire month of November after 11/4, assuming that "football = NFL".

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Do you mean 10/13? Because the Bruins will be on a Western Conference mini-tour on the week of 11/13, and the Patriots are indeed here on 10/14, but aren't here the entire month of November after 11/4, assuming that "football = NFL".

Yeah sorry, I'll be there for the KC - Pats Sunday night football on October 14th, so we want to go to the Wings - Bruins game the night before.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Prices on vivid seem better than Stubhub or ticketmasters. Are you pruchasing tickets with them before? I saw bad comments on google about additional fees charged on the credit card. Should I trust Vivid?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Prices on vivid seem better than Stubhub or ticketmasters. Are you pruchasing tickets with them before? I saw bad comments on google about additional fees charged on the credit card. Should I trust Vivid?

They'll block you from buying tickets in the future if you have to chargeback an order with your bank should you get screwed. Happened to me. I had some tickets shipped to the wrong address and couldn't get Fed Ex to deliver to me in time so had to go this route. Bought with them again and they cancelled my order right before the game.

Check Tickpick first since there are no additional fees often times you can save a decent amount since the fees are so ridiculous these days.

I hate to give those sites the business but I can't give someone off Craigslist over 200 bucks cash not to mention the hassle of meeting up.

Reactions: bleuetbio

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Just experimenting with a sample of 1 - the cheapest ticket I could find on Vivid for the home opener - to see what the fees were like. On an $80 ticket, it was 28%, plus a $7.50 electronic transfer fee. That's way higher than most of the sites I've seen, but if the base price of the ticket is lower on Vivid, you may get it cheaper. But, for reference, AceTicket is 15%, StubHub varies the percentage but is now 23% plus $2.50 per ticket, and TicketsNow is 21.5%. Fora single $100 ticket, the fees are $15, $25.50, and $21.50, respectively, while they'd be $35.50 on Vivid.

There is one silver lining - it looks like Vivid's $7.50 "electronic transfer fee" is per order, not per ticket. So if you're buying more than 4 tickets, you might catch a break.

Reactions: bleuetbio

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
The Bruins used to post downloadable Excel spreadsheets of their schedules, but it looks like they stopped doing that. Does anyone know if there's a place to get the list of home games? I like to use that to track my tickets and put into my Google calendar. I could do it manually but that's annoying haha.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The Bruins used to post downloadable Excel spreadsheets of their schedules, but it looks like they stopped doing that. Does anyone know if there's a place to get the list of home games? I like to use that to track my tickets and put into my Google calendar. I could do it manually but that's annoying haha.

I gave up this two years ago - couldn't find a good calendar that showed only the home games. Ideally, I'd like one that I could download that had only the home games, and that I could edit myself on my Yahoo Calendar (yes, I'm old-ish; I still use Yahoo) in case I sell games. No such luck, so my calendar's littered with the away games, and if I sell tickets, I can make a second appointment that it's a sold game...but it's still a PITA.

For ticket tracking...you can track them by sending the ticket to the person in your STH group, since it won't show up on your Account Manager anymore. Of course, if people in your STH group "don't do email", it doesn't help.

Newbie10

Jan 9, 2010
Did everyone get a tracking number emailed to them for season ticket delivery?

I didn’t get an email.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Did everyone get a tracking number emailed to them for season ticket delivery?

I didn’t get an email.
No email and no tickets yet.

I know that mobile tickets are available but with the preseason game coming up in 4 days you would think that tickets would be mailed sooner than this?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
No email and no tickets yet.

I know that mobile tickets are available but with the preseason game coming up in 4 days you would think that tickets would be mailed sooner than this?

They do this every year - it always comes maybe 3-4 days before the first preseason game at the Garden. The only possible thing I can think of is this: Imagine the weirdness if McQuaid were pictured on some of the tickets instead of Chara, McAvoy, Rask, Bergeron, Marchand, and Pasta?

(Side note: No Krejci or Backes, even though they're our alternating alternate captains? Huh.)

Or perhaps it's to keep people from selling hard copies of the preseason games...which just seems...weird. I imagine they could save a TON of money by cheapening up on the shipping, but getting the tickets out earlier so they arrive at the same time. But maybe getting them delivered express also makes it easier to troubleshoot problems (ie people who change addresses, or tickets that get lost).

For what it's worth, I got the email Wednesday morning, and tracking said it would come Thursday. Surprise! It came this afternoon. And it required a signature, which I don't think it had before, but my memory may be faulty here.

Time for my annual PSA: Please hide the barcodes (and probably account numbers) if you post pictures! If someone has a 2018-9 ticket "top" (ie the picture of Chara), and your barcode/seat assignment from your "tickets are here" celebratory picture, I imagine it wouldn't be hard to Photoshop your barcode onto their template and print it out on semi-convincing card stock. Heck, even a piece of tape might work.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I gave up this two years ago - couldn't find a good calendar that showed only the home games. Ideally, I'd like one that I could download that had only the home games, and that I could edit myself on my Yahoo Calendar (yes, I'm old-ish; I still use Yahoo) in case I sell games. No such luck, so my calendar's littered with the away games, and if I sell tickets, I can make a second appointment that it's a sold game...but it's still a PITA.

For ticket tracking...you can track them by sending the ticket to the person in your STH group, since it won't show up on your Account Manager anymore. Of course, if people in your STH group "don't do email", it doesn't help.
I’ve toyed with creating one myself but ultimately get distracted.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So my tracking says the fedex truck was at my house at 10:53 but I was at work and needs a signature.

It says Delivery Exception? What is that

Also do they go back tonight ?

Most people aren’t home during day

Do they hold at office ?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
So my tracking says the fedex truck was at my house at 10:53 but I was at work and needs a signature.

Do they hold at office ?
You should find a door tag that was left by the driver. Sometimes you can sign the door tag to authorize them to leave the package on the next delivery attempt but then that absolves them of responsibility if the package is stolen from your door step. Otherwise you will have to go to your Fedex location to pick them up.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010

Do they hold at office ?

Pretty sure that's the location where they go overnight until they re-attempt tomorrow. Mine said they required someone be there to receive the delivery. Kind of irritating considering they don't give you any real time frame.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You should find a door tag that was left by the driver. Sometimes you can sign the door tag to authorize them to leave the package on the next delivery attempt but then that absolves them of responsibility if the package is stolen from your door step. Otherwise you will have to go to your Fedex location to pick them up.
Thanks

I’m going to leave soon and swing by Fedex office near me that had it and see if A. It’s back; B. They can call driver and go back to house; or C hold it when he gets back and I’ll shoot back down

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Driver will not return to office location until he finishes his route for the day. If office location is near your house then most locations are open late so better off going at end of day.

Maybe they’ll contact driver but not sure what their policy is for that.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Pretty sure that's the location where they go overnight until they re-attempt tomorrow. Mine said they required someone be there to receive the delivery. Kind of irritating considering they don't give you any real time frame.

Worse than the cable guy:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Do they hold at office ?

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago when they needed a signature for a non-Bruins related delivery and I wasn't at home - there was a tag at my door that I signed just in case; however, I was at home anyway, so I don't know how good the system is. I'm 99% sure they didn't even ring my doorbell when they brought my first package, because they NEVER do. They just knock. Do you know WHY I have a doorbell? Because unless your knock is so loud that it literally breaks down the door, there's a reasonably good chance I won't hear you! A bit annoying that I had to wait an extra day for my package - they weren't able to return to my house that day.

I also did an "electronic signature" for my Bruins tickets on the FedEx site yesterday before my tickets arrived, but the FedEx driver wanted me to sign anyway. I didn't argue, as it was raining on both of us as, and I was actually literally leaving my house the moment she came.

Signatures for tickets are a little silly. Is theft of mailed tickets really an issue? I imagine it just takes a couple of minutes to delete the old tickets and reissue new electronic tickets. The only "issue" is that there'd be 44 counterfeit tickets out there...but that only sows distrust in the secondary market, which is theoretically good for the Bruins. Plus, if someone attempts to scan a stolen ticket at the Garden, that means they can even trace the ticket back to the thief who stole it.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I had a tag on my door to either sign that it was OK to leave the tickets on the door or I could pick up. I picked them up last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad