OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
The year Thornton and Samsonov were drafted I got season tix....

Section 311
Row 2
Seats 1&2

Loved that view!
The only seats I’d have rather had were the same seats, but row 1.

Wish I could have afforded to keep them.
Even selling 30 or so a year got too expensive once we had the kids.
No lie my buddy has your exact seats for the last chunk of seasons, easily my favorite seat I’ve ever sat in.

Reactions: sarge88

nickyb

May 5, 2004
ISO three loge or balcony seats (where the B's shoot twice) together for Game 1 (4/11/19).........message me

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Based on the celtics select a seat going on now it looks like the new ADA seats they need to add in order come up to the minimum requirement for the new renovation are going to be in sections 330 and 304. Removing rows 14 and 15 and making half of row 13 a ADA row.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 10.33.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 10.33.52 AM.png
    544.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 10.31.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 10.31.51 AM.png
    620.1 KB · Views: 29

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
Based on the celtics select a seat going on now it looks like the new ADA seats they need to add in order come up to the minimum requirement for the new renovation are going to be in sections 330 and 304. Removing rows 14 and 15 and making half of row 13 a ADA row.
Yeah, I figured that out the hard way today. My seats went from right next to 303 to the isle between 304 and 305 after my rep told me in an email that while the seat numbers were changing the view and physical seat location would not move. I called him today and he said his email was false and the only option to get back on the 303 of 304 was to go down a row and pay $220 extra per season per ticket.

Frustrating... I miss the days of good customer service when you'd at least get an apology for something like this and maybe an offer of a free upgrade to the loge for a game or something to make up for it.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Yeah, I figured that out the hard way today. My seats went from right next to 303 to the isle between 304 and 305 after my rep told me in an email that while the seat numbers were changing the view and physical seat location would not move. I called him today and he said his email was false and the only option to get back on the 303 of 304 was to go down a row and pay $220 extra per season per ticket.

Frustrating... I miss the days of good customer service when you'd at least get an apology for something like this and maybe an offer of a free upgrade to the loge for a game or something to make up for it.

At least you can remember a time when they would apologize. The manager who is in charge of the reps (Keith) use to be my rep. He was a jack ass to me and didn't apologize or offer me anything. I received an apology from his boss and his boss's boss as well. Apparently they liked hi enough to make him a manager though. I'm not surprised their system is even more screwed up since he took over though.

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
You can already get in the door for under $100 tomorrow night. Tickets should be face by tomorrow late afternoon/early evening.

You're right - the secondary market is pretty reasonable by Bruins standards. Would be tough to get to a regular season game against the Leafs for under $100.

I think he was talking about face values being too high though, which is interesting. I remember back in 2008 - when you could say this great Chara-era run really started - we made the playoffs as an 8 seed and pushed the top seeded Habs to G7. Playoff tickets were cheap that spring, and the building had a very different feel than it has now post-2011. Games 3 (Savvy in OT) and 6 ("this building is vibrating") were absolutely wild. We don't get that kind of atmosphere anymore until the conference finals it seems.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
This morning, I saw a playoff ticket posted online...SCF for 2011, shoot 2x end balcony, high row. Face price was the same as my first round balcony this year! Ah, 2011...those were the days.

As far as Leafs in the regular season....nope, not quite $100. Singles were available for $75 and $69, with fees, if you timed it right - probably $10 more could get you in fairly reliably, and/or with 2 consecutive seats, but I'm not 100% sure on that. For the November game, they had a flash sale for $90, and they offered STHs the chance to buy tickets for $75 for the second game....and I find those prices kind of low, particularly for the weekend, compared to the last 2-3 years. Might have low due to financial/emotional burnout from the Sox World Series win in October, and also increased interest in the Patriots at that time.

Comparing to 2008 kind of ignores the secondary market...the Bruins know exactly how much people are willing to pay for tickets on the secondary market, with their own resale data and possibly by looking at price listings on sites like Ace and StubHub.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

An apology, for moving you to accommodate handicapped fans? An explanation perhaps would be in order.

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
An apology, for moving you to accommodate handicapped fans? An explanation perhaps would be in order.

I understand that the garden needed to add the handicap seats, but they could have still said sorry that they had to move me instead of telling me when I renewed that while my seat number would change the physical location and view would not change. Once I got to select a seat I saw that my view had been changed and my rep at that point said the only way I could get back to close to my same view I have this year is to go down a row and up a price level. I was very frustrated to find out that way, but I'm about over it now.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Guys when you say the ticket prices may come down some tomorrow 4/19, are you referring to Ticketmaster?
Thank you

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Guys when you say the ticket prices may come down some tomorrow 4/19, are you referring to Ticketmaster?
Thank you

Any secondary resale market. Stubhub, ticketmaster, etc. Folks always list the tix for the most money they think they can get initially, then get desperate and lower the prices closer to puck drop.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Thank you

For the get-in price, that's usually true in the secondary market - the lowest price is often either the day of the game, or one day before (except for big game like Black Friday, where you may find a wayward bargain.) Some of the primary tickets (blue dot on Ticketmaster) may change in price, but usually those prices are a bit slower to react - if they change them at all. (Theory: they keep the blue dot prices high so they can tell STHs that prices are some huge percentage off.)

Once in awhile, they'll release primary sale tickets the day of the game - tickets that are mandated by the league to be held. (Tickets for players from each team to buy for family, broadcasters, the NHL itself, etc.) I remember 4-5 years or so, you could get semi-decent deals on some tickets in the Loge. Don't think I've really seen that a whole lot any more.

The lowest price I know of right now for Friday is via the Bruins own Last Minute Ticket, but it's still $160 for "mystery seats" - likely to be high row balcony on the end. Blame it on Friday night. I did this route 4-5 years ago, and got in the fifth row, but YMMV - it could easily be 15.

Boston Bruins Last Minute Pass

They don't do that last minute pass for every game. AFAIK, they did it for game 1, but skipped it for game 2 - probably because it's on the weekend. It runs all year, but some games don't get sold at all - think Black Friday and most games March and onward. It seems to have reanimated a bit.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Dale and Keefe talking NFL draft
How simple would it be to sit there and talk hockey at 1:00 today
I think I heard one caller in the last hour

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

They'll probably spend more time today talking about Avengers: Endgame than the Bruins.

$94 in fees for the cheapest tickets on Ticketmaster Resale. **** that.

iG6rYYd.jpg

Yup, the fees on ticketmaster can be insane. Doesn't help that the get-in price for tonight is low $200s for singles and mid-200s for pairs no matter what site you check. I get that it's a Friday night and the Leafs are a prime matchup, but it's the first round and not even an elimination game. Hard pass for me.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Was looking at tickets on the secondary market all day today. Prices are absolutely ridiculous.

With fees one ticket section 323 row 12 on stubhub $316.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They talked a lot of hockey when I was listening

Bruinsfan88

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
Anyone ever sit in the promenade level? I have an opportunity to sit up there tomorrow. Not sure what to expect. Obviously from a view point it's as high up as possible but what is the advantage to being up there versus just sitting on the balcony? Less crowded? Are there still concessions up there?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Anyone ever sit in the promenade level? I have an opportunity to sit up there tomorrow. Not sure what to expect. Obviously from a view point it's as high up as possible but what is the advantage to being up there versus just sitting on the balcony? Less crowded? Are there still concessions up there?

Done it a couple of times about 3-4 years ago. This information is probably accurate now, but will be outdated after the playoffs; they’re “reimagining” level 9, aka the promenade, this summer.

Concessions are very, very limited. Pretty sure I saw beer cans being sold. Don’t think you could even get a hot dog, but I didn’t really search too hard; I probably pre-gamed at Halftime Pizza. I recommend getting food on the loge level before going up - don’t depend on food up there.

You’re getting the Jack/Brick “high above the ice” view - they, the beat reporters, and the scratched players are on the north half; you’re probably south, and...afaik there’s a barrier between the two, so no hob nobbing unless you’re brave. Folding chairs, only one row, and occasional columns that may block your view if a column is directly to your right and the rink is also to your right. There’s a ledge where you can plop your phone or food/drink, if you want. I think it’s big enough in some areas for beat reporters to put their tablets.

Definitely quieter and less crowded. Bad for atmosphere, great for bathrooms and if you don’t want a river of beer at your feet. The level juts out to about row 8-9 of the balcony, I think.

I wouldn’t say it’s a must-see for a first time visit. But if you’re going to be a repeat offender, it’s a nice change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad