OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
Just had my time slot, literally not one available balcony seat was an upgrade to my current row 6. Ended up moving to row 8 of a better section since my current view in 309 doesn’t let me see our net at all.

One of these years I’ll get to move up :laugh:

which seats did you give up in row 6 that have issues seeing the net?

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I'm in the same boat. I'm in 311 - Row 5 and we like the view, but my wife asked if we could move down the corner of the Loge. My ticket price would almost double!

Same boat for the same reasons. My wife wants the creature comforts of the loge, but she knows our view is good and i said it makes sense to see what the renovation entails.

The only thing she actually trusts me on is friggin hockey tickets!!

I would 100% pony up for row 1 balcony, no questions asked, but I’ve never seen a pair on select-a-seat in 10 years

What I’m finding is that the event is really for first few year STH marginally upgrading year over year. Row 10 to row 8. Closer to the aisle or closer to center ice

Never any super premium seats available

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When is the earliest time our credit cards can be hit from clinching?

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
I did see 4 together in one of the Center six loge sections (I forget which one) row one available. Only a little over 15K each a pop for the season.

Newbie10

Jan 9, 2010
I did see 2 separate pairs of row 3 corner loges. Also saw a pair of seats in Row 2 behind the visitors bench. Better selection in the loge than the balcony.

Best center ice in the balcony was in row 7.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
What is the magic number though ? Can it happen this weekend?

I think it can happen Saturday. If Montreal (bubble team) loses tomorrow and Saturday, they can only get 97 points. If we get one point before or on Saturday in that scenario, we’re locked.

It can’t happen tomorrow. Even if we win and get 99/43 ROW, and Montreal loses, MTL could still get 99 points and beat us in ROW.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Same boat for the same reasons. My wife wants the creature comforts of the loge, but she knows our view is good and i said it makes sense to see what the renovation entails.

I would 100% pony up for row 1 balcony, no questions asked, but I’ve never seen a pair on select-a-seat in 10 years

What I’m finding is that the event is really for first few year STH marginally upgrading year over year. Row 10 to row 8. Closer to the aisle or closer to center ice

This cracked me up so I had to write back.

I did see some Row 1 Balcony tickets in the shoot once corner a couple years ago, but the price jump made me hold off.

My wife is the same as yours. She trusts me 100% with the hockey tickets and how they're managed. If only she had fully signed off in February 2011 we would have had tickets for that fall. As it turned out when she gave her blessing it was one day too late and we ended up 34th on the waitlist...for THREE YEARS!!!

To answer other people's question your card will get charged the night of or morning after they clinch. I'm at work so bear with me, but if I'm counting right the number is 5 points (likely 4 as the ROW Wins shake out.) You use Montreal as the benchmark as they can technically get to 101 points right now. Simply put they should have it wrapped up by the time the weekend is over.

Last edited:

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH

I originally bought in during the '08-'09 season. I had season tickets in my name for 10 years, up until a couple years ago. During that time I saw several options of front row balconies available during select a seat. They were rarely ever available at center ice though. They were almost always ends and corners. The few times they were mid ice they were never in 301 or 316. I saw them in the sections one off dead center several times though.

I did see 2 separate pairs of row 3 corner loges. Also saw a pair of seats in Row 2 behind the visitors bench. Better selection in the loge than the balcony.

Best center ice in the balcony was in row 7.

3 years ago I had a friend who lived in NJ who sold 95% of his tickets and they took his seats from him without the option to renew. That year they allowed me to renew because I lived in New England (I'm in NH). But they gave me something like a 25% price hike and didn't give others a price hike at all. The following year they attempted to give me another price hike. So much so that it made no sense to keep them because they weren't even profitable to sell. This was two years ago. I let all 9 of my seats in my name go and 6 seats I shared with a a friend that were in his name. That same year I privately bought the rights to 8 loge seats my friend had. 6 seats were in loge 19 row 15 and 2 seats were in loge 21 row 6. The only reason I bought the loge row 21 row 6 seats was for the sole purpose of relocating them. In all honestly I think both for sight lines and resale purposes the L21 row 6 seats are/were the worst value in the building.

My friend who owned the eight loge seats didn't didn't have his account flagged like mine was. He was "taking care of his rep". This happens far more than people realize. He had bought his season tickets orginally during the '06-'07 season. So when select a seat came around he always got the first or second time slot of the event. Since the team had revoked a good number of season tickets that off season (many of which were brokers who had had them for over 10 years) I knew there was likely going to be some prime locations available in the early select a seat time frames. I gambled on renewing the L21 seats my friend had and it paid off. There were several offering in the select a seat window for "glass" seats that were both behind the penalty boxes and visitor's bench. I ended up taking a pair behind the visitor's bench at dead center ice in loge 1 row 3. I didn't love the sight lines but I made a killing on reselling them. They were $135. After that season I assumed i was going to have the account flagged since I wasn't greasing the reps palm anymore. But considering the flagged price was going to be around $160ish, I knew i could still do very well through resale at the flagged price. The next offseason not only was the account flagged but they didn't allow me to renew them...just goes to show you when you have a rep on the take and you stop the freebies he's not only not going to give you special pricing/deals but he will bite you.

Newbie10

Jan 9, 2010
I originally bought in during the '08-'09 season. I had season tickets in my name for 10 years, up until a couple years ago. During that time I saw several options of front row balconies available during select a seat. They were rarely ever available at center ice though. They were almost always ends and corners. The few times they were mid ice they were never in 301 or 316. I saw them in the sections one off dead center several times though.

3 years ago I had a friend who lived in NJ who sold 95% of his tickets and they took his seats from him without the option to renew. That year they allowed me to renew because I lived in New England (I'm in NH). But they gave me something like a 25% price hike and didn't give others a price hike at all. The following year they attempted to give me another price hike. So much so that it made no sense to keep them because they weren't even profitable to sell. This was two years ago. I let all 9 of my seats in my name go and 6 seats I shared with a a friend that were in his name. That same year I privately bought the rights to 8 loge seats my friend had. 6 seats were in loge 19 row 15 and 2 seats were in loge 21 row 6. The only reason I bought the loge row 21 row 6 seats was for the sole purpose of relocating them. In all honestly I think both for sight lines and resale purposes the L21 row 6 seats are/were the worst value in the building.

My friend who owned the eight loge seats didn't didn't have his account flagged like mine was. He was "taking care of his rep". This happens far more than people realize. He had bought his season tickets orginally during the '06-'07 season. So when select a seat came around he always got the first or second time slot of the event. Since the team had revoked a good number of season tickets that off season (many of which were brokers who had had them for over 10 years) I knew there was likely going to be some prime locations available in the early select a seat time frames. I gambled on renewing the L21 seats my friend had and it paid off. There were several offering in the select a seat window for "glass" seats that were both behind the penalty boxes and visitor's bench. I ended up taking a pair behind the visitor's bench at dead center ice in loge 1 row 3. I didn't love the sight lines but I made a killing on reselling them. They were $135. After that season I assumed i was going to have the account flagged since I wasn't greasing the reps palm anymore. But considering the flagged price was going to be around $160ish, I knew i could still do very well through resale at the flagged price. The next offseason not only was the account flagged but they didn't allow me to renew them...just goes to show you when you have a rep on the take and you stop the freebies he's not only not going to give you special pricing/deals but he will bite you.

Now I regret not picking up those seats behind the bench. They were the first 2 seats in that row too. o well. Would have been a lot of TV time for my mug

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Pretty tough views from there

I learned that at the Beanpot last year - got seats literally two rows behind the visiting bench, Loge 2, I think. Was getting impatient and worried better seats wouldn't open up. Wound up basically having a view of Jordan Greenway's back and the coach's legs for much of the game....made me wonder how folks who shell out the big bucks at Bruins games feel about those seats.

Then again, maybe they added rows right behind the bench for the Beanpot? Dunno, didn't feel like it.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I learned that at the Beanpot last year - got seats literally two rows behind the visiting bench, Loge 2, I think. Was getting impatient and worried better seats wouldn't open up. Wound up basically having a view of Jordan Greenway's back and the coach's legs for much of the game....made me wonder how folks who shell out the big bucks at Bruins games feel about those seats.

Then again, maybe they added rows right behind the bench for the Beanpot? Dunno, didn't feel like it.
I sat behind the B's bench when we were in San Jose several years ago. We saw a lot of Claude's head .

We sit beside the B's in Boston. The far corner is hard to see but everything else is good. I love our seats.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Single game tickets for all rounds of the 2019 Boston Bruins playoff run at the TD Garden will go on sale Monday, March 25 at 11:00 a.m.

Single game tickets will be available for purchase at the TD Garden Box Office, on BostonBruins.com and on the Bruins mobile app.

Prior to the public on-sale on March 25, fans can get presale access on Sunday, March 24 by signing up at BostonBruins.com/Playoffs until 1 p.m. on Sunday.

Presale emails will be sent to those fans who sign up the afternoon of Sunday, March 24.

Bruins and TD Garden clients and subscribers will have first access during the playoff ticket presale.

The dates and times for the playoff games will be determined by the National Hockey League once the final seeding for the 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs is set.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I can get my half sheet on Monday and single tickets go on today. And I have no idea what games I already will have. Damn it. This is my first year with half ticket package... how is the resale value if I end up with more tickets than I need for a particular game? I assume the Toronto fans will make it more the easy to recoup value for round 1.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I can get my half sheet on Monday and single tickets go on today. And I have no idea what games I already will have. Damn it. This is my first year with half ticket package... how is the resale value if I end up with more tickets than I need for a particular game? I assume the Toronto fans will make it more the easy to recoup value for round 1.

If the half-season price is anything like the full season price, there should be value. Last year, my price was 72/108/144/180 for the second-lowest tier in the balcony (corner shoot 2x). If I'd bought tickets on the secondary market (mostly StubHub last year), the first round would have cost me an average of $134 per game at a minimum, including all fees - that's the get-in price for seats mostly in rows 11-15. And that price is only if you're lucky enough to buy at the lowest price which happened to be on 4/5 - most tickets sold probably for more. So, I'm very confident I could have recouped my first round price - and then some - by selling.

Then again, last year, all four games were "good sells" - besides the fact that it was Toronto, the four games were "opener, Saturday, Saturday, Game 7". The closest to a "dud" was the playoff opener. If we get home ice this year, Game 2 should be a weekend game, highly likely to be Saturday 4/13 (thanks, HNIC). Game 5 might be Friday 4/19 if the schedule is checkerboarded, or 4/20 if they rest a day and go for a second HNIC game.

Round 2 last year (TBL) was actually the same average price for minimal get-in as round 1 - $134. Deeper round, but no Toronto, and no weekend games. Margins are slimmer, especially when selling online and they take a chunk in fees, but...you should be able to sell rounds 1 and 2 with little problem. I don't have any historical information for the last two rounds, but...I'd think it gets better.

As far as people actually buying, I've always been pleasantly surprised using the normal Ticketmaster/TicketsNow resale marketplace for the regular season. I had to sell a bunch in December/January this year, and I thought I was going to have to eat a game...but right at 6:15, someone always pulls through.

I didn't know the Bruins gave half-season folks a half-share of their seat. I knew other teams did that, even with quarter-game plans - each quarter plan gives you one game per round, rotating, so one person with a quarter plan would get, for example, the four games R1G2, R2G4, R3G1, R4G3. The other three people "sharing" that seat get three other sets of games. If they don't play your game, you get nothing, but you pay nothing. Half plans would probably get 2 per round, but I had no idea the Bs did that...a nice addition.

As far as this year's primary market, prices are pretty high. Just checked with my STH presale, and they want $149 for game 1 for the worst seats, plus fees. And that's not even knowing when the game is!

Reactions: wintersej

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Assuming Games 2 and 5 are on Saturday night in Boston the Toronto people WILL come because paying double face value here is still cheaper than what tickets would cost in Hogtown.

Reactions: talkinaway

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Assuming Games 2 and 5 are on Saturday night in Boston the Toronto people WILL come because paying double face value here is still cheaper than what tickets would cost in Hogtown.
Based on what I saw last year game 2 was pretty high priced, but game 5 was not very high price-wise. A lot had to do with the leafs being down 3-1 though, and not as many leaf fans making the trip down (I was one of the few) compared to game 2. Also prices in Boston for tickets are now reaching Toronto levels, especially based on that Ticketmaster presale (remember that leaf pricing is still in Canadian dollars!). I’m buying all my tix on the secondary market, it’s looking to be much cheaper (saved $100-$150 on lower bowl tickets for game 1 and 2 compared to the Ticketmaster pricing).

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Based on what I saw last year game 2 was pretty high priced, but game 5 was not very high price-wise. A lot had to do with the leafs being down 3-1 though, and not as many leaf fans making the trip down (I was one of the few) compared to game 2. Also prices in Boston for tickets are now reaching Toronto levels, especially based on that Ticketmaster presale (remember that leaf pricing is still in Canadian dollars!). I’m buying all my tix on the secondary market, it’s looking to be much cheaper (saved $100-$150 on lower bowl tickets for game 1 and 2 compared to the Ticketmaster pricing).

One BIG problem for people thinking about coming for Game 2 is trying to get a flight or hotel in Boston that weekend - The Boston Marathon is on the 15th.

Reactions: Mkdaman1818

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
One BIG problem for people thinking about coming for Game 2 is trying to get a flight or hotel in Boston that weekend - The Boston Marathon is on the 15th.
Yup although a lot of Toronto folks I know will just drive down and make a road trip out of it. I actually live in NYC so I just hop on the Amtrak train, no flights required there. The good thing about this matchup being confirmed as early as it was is that it’s veen pretty easy to book hotels months in advance, so not as hard as last year when we weren’t sure if Boston was gonna win the division (which they should have, I was ready to fly to Tampa!!). But either way, yeah marathon weekend is always the hardest to plan around.

PastaFun

Mar 26, 2019
They started offering quarter playoff strips to go with the 11 game plans as a new perk within the last couple weeks. They weren’t for the same seats as the game plan though. I have an 11 game plan with seats in loge 17 and the quarter playoff seats they offered were balcony 319 row 15.

Reactions: wintersej

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Man 2012 feels like 1912 reading through this thread.

I wish I still had the 302 row 12 seats I gave up I'd love them for the playoffs all things considered. Problem was I also had a pair in Loge 22 row 13 at the time that I liked way more and used more. ECFs were like 350 a game finals 450 noone has that kind of money I'm not their employee I don't want to buy expensive tickets I have no choice but to scalp because I sign up for 44 games a year 3 preseason.

TD Garden lower bowl is bad for hockey and way too shallow. That row 13 seat on the blue line one of the seats caught the glass connector right inbetween you and Rask. Thats 3rd to last row in the section. I went to Centre Bell last week oh man is it better and way steeper and closer to the ice in the lower bowl.

The year Thornton and Samsonov were drafted I got season tix....

Section 311
Row 2
Seats 1&2

Loved that view!
The only seats I’d have rather had were the same seats, but row 1.

Wish I could have afforded to keep them.
Even selling 30 or so a year got too expensive once we had the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad