OT: Ticket Thread - 2019/20 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
I ended up deciding not to renew after 10 seasons. It was a hard decision but I had to do what was best for me. There were a few factors and yes, the rising price was definitely one of them. I was at $57 this season and was going to $64 next year. There were many games this year that I couldn't sell at FV and a $7 increase would not have helped.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
I ended up deciding not to renew after 10 seasons. It was a hard decision but I had to do what was best for me. There were a few factors and yes, the rising price was definitely one of them. I was at $57 this season and was going to $64 next year. There were many games this year that I couldn't sell at FV and a $7 increase would not have helped.
Had to be a tough decision. I renewed against some opinions from family and some friends. Oh well.

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
Had to be a tough decision. I renewed against some opinions from family and some friends. Oh well.

It was a very tough decision. I thought I’d have season tickets forever, but ultimately I had to go with the decision that made the most sense. Now that it’s done I’m happy to be able to choose the games I want to go to and I not have to worry about 44 games anymore.

Reactions: WickedBruinsGirl

gobosox00

Jan 8, 2010
Same. 1PM today. I got the "reminder" email this morning even though I never got an original email with my time

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Looks like my rep out-and-out lied to me about being given priority because they messed up my seat, because my Select-A-Seat is tomorrow...

Oh well. I can sell and drop my tickets next year.

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
Looks like my rep out-and-out lied to me about being given priority because they messed up my seat, because my Select-A-Seat is tomorrow...

Oh well. I can sell and drop my tickets next year.

As a non-holder who is considering getting in, I cannot understand why the process is such a mess. Do you think that customer service/ironing out the kinks of re-upping is just not a priority?

It seems to me that while coordinating a few thousand (?) renewals isn’t a small undertaking, a few-weeks-long renewal season should go fairly orderly given the months and months available for planning.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
Have the noon slot, they are doing it different this year, you cannot even see seats that are considered a downgrade. So all I see are Loge options. Very odd indeed seems they don't want you downgrading..

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Have the noon slot, they are doing it different this year, you cannot even see seats that are considered a downgrade. So all I see are Loge options. Very odd indeed seems they don't want you downgrading..
Do you see anything decent in the balcony?

And yes, they said if you want to downgrade, then you have to reach out to your rep directly.

MrMars

May 26, 2006

And yes, they said if you want to downgrade, then you have to reach out to your rep directly.

I have front row balcony but was unable to see anything in the balcony, all blocked off.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Wow - thanks for this information. I specifically asked my rep about downgrading my seat, and he didn't tell me this. Thank God for this forum.

I'll be honest - until this year, I haven't had a problem at all with any of the service....in fact, my interactions had been pretty exemplary, particularly before I became an STH. I like to think I'm pretty low maintenance - aside from the free HDX birthday greeting that we get once a year for my dad and RSVPing to events (both part of the "normal STH package"), I don't think I'd asked my rep for anything.

But for the past two months, the customer service has been sub-par at best. I know the reps do a lot during the season, but this is their peak, and they should have been preparing for it since January. I did renew despite being moved back two rows, in the hopes that maybe....just maybe...I'd be able to drop down a level. And I specifically told them that, and they said I could do it without going back to a "new STH" price...seems like it would have been nice of them to tell me that I wouldn't be able to do it online like normally.

Reactions: jangerhofer

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Wow - thanks for this information. I specifically asked my rep about downgrading my seat, and he didn't tell me this. Thank God for this forum.

I'll be honest - until this year, I haven't had a problem at all with any of the service....in fact, my interactions had been pretty exemplary, particularly before I became an STH. I like to think I'm pretty low maintenance - aside from the free HDX birthday greeting that we get once a year for my dad and RSVPing to events (both part of the "normal STH package"), I don't think I'd asked my rep for anything.

But for the past two months, the customer service has been sub-par at best. I know the reps do a lot during the season, but this is their peak, and they should have been preparing for it since January. I did renew despite being moved back two rows, in the hopes that maybe....just maybe...I'd be able to drop down a level. And I specifically told them that, and they said I could do it without going back to a "new STH" price...seems like it would have been nice of them to tell me that I wouldn't be able to do it online like normally.

We're in the same boat...super low maintenance, just go to games and sell when we can't. It helped my outlook when I stopped looking at being a STH as much of a value proposition and rather an exchange of currency for goods and services. The Bruins take a shitload of money out of my bank account once a month for 10 months, and in exchange, I can go to any game I want to go to or recoup my costs. Strictly an exchange of currency for a product. The perks are gone, have been gone for a while. I'm guaranteed the comfort of knowing where I sit, knowing a few folks around me, and that if I time it just right, I can get to the bathroom and back during a TV timeout without missing a moment of play. While I've rolled my eyes about certain things - like the inconsistency of the ushers allowing people to their seats during play, I've never complained about it.

But this year has been bad, especially how they've handled the arena reconfiguration. A notification that your seat will be changing - a month ahead of when you'll know what the location will be - with no further information? I will say, my rep has actually been really responsive to my questions which has been a pleasant surprise, but the overall customer service and focus on the fan experience is severely lacking. It seems like everyone I know this year is in one of two camps - got hit with an unexpected increase or have to move seats.

I know there's a waiting list so they can basically do whatever they want, but next to our mortgage, this is the largest expense we have. Would be nice to feel a bit more like a valued customer. I've accepted being a STH is an exchange of currency for a product, but I don't like it.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Same old bit of inventory. Some high row balcony, corner loge, and low row middle loge sections.

Not sure the viewing angle from row 21 of the corner loge is better than my almost center ice row 4 balcony seat.. especially at an additional $40/seat

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut

Very odd. I just went in to see what's available and I can see downgrades.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Same old bit of inventory. Some high row balcony, corner loge, and low row middle loge sections.

Not sure the viewing angle from row 21 of the corner loge is better than my almost center ice row 4 balcony seat.. especially at an additional $40/seat

I'm in the same boat. I'm in 311 - Row 5 and we like the view, but my wife asked if we could move down the corner of the Loge. My ticket price would almost double!

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
Just had my time slot, literally not one available balcony seat was an upgrade to my current row 6. Ended up moving to row 8 of a better section since my current view in 309 doesn’t let me see our net at all.

One of these years I’ll get to move up :laugh:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Wonderful about the lack of inventory for Select-A-Seat, although I'm not surprised. I'm about 99% sure it's not the lack of non-renewals - they're just either going to take on more new STHs from the waiting list from people who already have $100/seat, or they're converting STH seats to either game plans or single tickets to make more money.

On top of that, my rep just said they did mention downgrading in emails sent to me, and thinks I'm confused. I reread every single email I got, and there's no mention of downgrading at all - in fact, they say explicitly that Select-A-Seat is online only. There's only a small box within Account Manager - which I hadn't gone into because my day isn't until tomorrow - that mentions it. And you have to scroll down to find it.

*slow clap* Great job. I probably already would have been better off buying individual tickets for this season. Next season's bound to be worse, and I still renewed.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't be looking at being a STH as a value, and more as an exchange of money for goods. That's sort of what I do for my theater tickets - I'd even be fine paying the theater more per ticket for my subscription than individually, because that's something I wholeheartedly support. I support the Bruins as a team, and love going to the games, but...as far as the organization? Do I really feel good about where my money goes? Frankly, I'm fine paying as little as possible (legally, of course!) to the Bruins. And heck, I even do try to monetize the "perks" STHs get, like scarves, photo opportunities, and free beer and buffalo chicken rangoons. But I don't get the "struggling organization that does good" vibes from the Bruins.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Wonderful about the lack of inventory for Select-A-Seat, although I'm not surprised. I'm about 99% sure it's not the lack of non-renewals - they're just either going to take on more new STHs from the waiting list from people who already have $100/seat, or they're converting STH seats to either game plans or single tickets to make more money.

On top of that, my rep just said they did mention downgrading in emails sent to me, and thinks I'm confused. I reread every single email I got, and there's no mention of downgrading at all - in fact, they say explicitly that Select-A-Seat is online only. There's only a small box within Account Manager - which I hadn't gone into because my day isn't until tomorrow - that mentions it. And you have to scroll down to find it.

*slow clap* Great job. I probably already would have been better off buying individual tickets for this season. Next season's bound to be worse, and I still renewed.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't be looking at being a STH as a value, and more as an exchange of money for goods. That's sort of what I do for my theater tickets - I'd even be fine paying the theater more per ticket for my subscription than individually, because that's something I wholeheartedly support. I support the Bruins as a team, and love going to the games, but...as far as the organization? Do I really feel good about where my money goes? Frankly, I'm fine paying as little as possible (legally, of course!) to the Bruins. And heck, I even do try to monetize the "perks" STHs get, like scarves, photo opportunities, and free beer and buffalo chicken rangoons. But I don't get the "struggling organization that does good" vibes from the Bruins.

I'm not sure why all the talk of downgrades. You can do it, you just have to accept that you will pay what a new STH would pay. I had to deal with that last year when I went from 314 - Row 9 to 311 - Row 5. To me that was an upgrade. To the organization it was a downgrade so I got hosed on price.

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
Where do you get the free beer and buff chicken rangoons?! I've never gotten that perk as a STH!

My select a seat was uneventful, nothing worth moving to. I think it's really a crap shoot as to if something is available because you never know when people will be giving up their tickets (especially in the balcony) for a different location. That said I'm happy with my location, I was just hoping to move closer to the isle. I also do believe that your level of customer service is dependent on your rep. I've typically had great reps (I like the one I have now a lot), but had 1 or 2 terrible ones in the past.

One told me over and over that if I renewed I could go from 3 tickets to 2 tickets at select a seat, I even had the emails from her saying it, but it wasn't the case and they wouldn't let me. I forget how it played out, but all my complaints fell on deft ears. My new rep however has been great and even got me into a group of 4 which I like much better than three!

Anyhow, interested to hear if anyone made any changes today? It sounds like everyone is staying put. I'd also be interested if anyone is offered new tickets in good locations.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
I also do believe that your level of customer service is dependent on your rep. I've typically had great reps (I like the one I have now a lot), but had 1 or 2 terrible ones in the past.

Anyhow, interested to hear if anyone made any changes today? It sounds like everyone is staying put. I'd also be interested if anyone is offered new tickets in good locations.

I've had three different reps over the years and all have been great to work with. Friendly, professional, and really good people.

No move for me. I kept playing with it, but didn't find anything better in the balcony and can't justifying double the cost to move downstairs. The wife and I will be able to afford a beer each/game...HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->