OT: Ticket Thread - 2018/19 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
What is the best way to buy tix from like Craigslist or FB marketplace to ensure they are legit tickets? I have chance to buy two hard copy tickets this morning cheaper than stubhub.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
What is the best way to buy tix from like Craigslist or FB marketplace to ensure they are legit tickets? I have chance to buy two hard copy tickets this morning cheaper than stubhub.

If the tickets are season ticket mobile tickets sent from a season ticket account then I would think they will be legit tickets. Otherwise no way to know if tickets are legit and while most craigslist sales work out OK I am aware of a few scam posts on craigslist so I would be cautiious with a craigslist sale.

Edit - I see you said hard copy tickets. I would be careful if they are not a season ticket hard copy. Playoffs bring out the craigslist scammers. If you decide to buy I would try to look at person's ID and try to get enough info to protect yourself in case they are not legit tickets.

Last edited:

Newbie10

Jan 9, 2010
A lot of scams on CL now. I wouldn't buy any ticketmaster tickets on CL. I would only buy season ticket printouts. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

One way you can always check the tickets is go on ticketmaster ticketexchange and punch in the bar code as if you were planning to sell the tickets. Ticketmaster will check the bar code and let you know if it's legit.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Don't let Jacobs read this

MLSE imposes 30 per cent scalper surcharge on Leafs and Raptors season ticket holders deemed to be reselling their seats | The Star

An ongoing Toronto Star/CBC investigation into online ticket scalping has learned that MLSE issued invoices to season ticket holders it has deemed “commercial” resellers, demanding between 32 per cent and 37 per cent in markups — ranging from $2,000 to $8,000 for a pair of seats.

MLSE doesn’t call this a surcharge; the company says it’s simply cancelling the discount that season ticket holders normally get.

“MLSE believes that commercial resellers are in the business of reselling tickets and should pay the full cost of their season seat memberships. Season seat members who buy tickets primarily for their personal use should be rewarded for their loyalty as true fans with a pricing discount and other benefits,” said Dave Haggith, an MLSE spokesperson.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Don't let Jacobs read this

MLSE imposes 30 per cent scalper surcharge on Leafs and Raptors season ticket holders deemed to be reselling their seats | The Star

An ongoing Toronto Star/CBC investigation into online ticket scalping has learned that MLSE issued invoices to season ticket holders it has deemed “commercial” resellers, demanding between 32 per cent and 37 per cent in markups — ranging from $2,000 to $8,000 for a pair of seats.

MLSE doesn’t call this a surcharge; the company says it’s simply cancelling the discount that season ticket holders normally get.

“MLSE believes that commercial resellers are in the business of reselling tickets and should pay the full cost of their season seat memberships. Season seat members who buy tickets primarily for their personal use should be rewarded for their loyalty as true fans with a pricing discount and other benefits,” said Dave Haggith, an MLSE spokesperson.

Jacobs already does this. I dropped 7 seats in 316 row 9 to years ago when they bumped them up from $64 to $85. Same exact thing the Leafs are doing.

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
They jacked mine up 25% after 1 year of selling 1/2 my games. That was after 9 years of attending 34+/ year. Haven't even heard anything about next season

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Anyone know when these Game 7 tickets will be in our account?? Takes forever with the B's!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Anyone know when these Game 7 tickets will be in our account?? Takes forever with the B's!

I have alerts on my phone whenever my credit card gets charged, and the last two times (Games 1/2 and Game 5), I got charged sometime within the 10 AM hour the morning after the game was clinched. So, I'd say within an hour.

I could be totally wrong, but I think if you don't do pay-as-we-play but do the giant installments (I think they have a 40-30-30 plan?), you get access to the tickets that you've paid for. I think the last payment is sometime in May...I wonder if they still insist you pay the whole thing and then refund you later, or if they deduct "impossible tickets" from the last payment (ie there's no R2G4 ticket possible).

I think the "access after you pay" concept works during the season too - if you're on the 10-month plan and 5 months have gone by, you have access to the first 22 tickets. Probably to protect the Bruins from credit cards being declined - although it's easy enough for them to cancel tickets, too.

I think you can make early payments on Account Manager, but I have no idea if that gets you access earlier.

EDIT: Just checked my phone. Got charged at about 9:30 this morning, and the bar codes are there.

Bruinsfan88

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
My buddy scored us 2 tickets for tomorrow. We're sitting up in section 318 right behind the handicap section. I've been to the garden 100 times and never took a good look at that area, but there isn't any sort of obstructed view is there?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
My buddy scored us 2 tickets for tomorrow. We're sitting up in section 318 right behind the handicap section. I've been to the garden 100 times and never took a good look at that area, but there isn't any sort of obstructed view is there?

There's what I call a "drunk blocker" in front of row 7, to keep you from accidentally joining the handicap section if you've had a few too many.

Boston Bruins Virtual Venue™ by IOMEDIA

There are two horizontal metal bars near "seated eye" level, with glass between them.

It's definitely not "obstructed view" as defined by Fenway Park. It's probably not even "obstructed view" as defined by reasonable people. I don't know how tall the bar is, but I think you can work around it. As someone more on the Krug side of the Krug-Chara spectrum, I sometimes have issues with stuff like this, but this doesn't seem like it would be particularly bad, even for me. Plus, you definitely won't have to worry about leaners!

TLDR: They look good.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Got an email from the Bruins with Round 2 prices. yowza

• Round 2, Home Game 1 (Game 3 of Series) – Wed. 5/2 at 7 PM
    • Balcony - $190/ticket
    • Promenade - $190/ticket
    • Loge - $300/ticket
    • 15 Person Promenade Suite - $215/ticket
    • 18 Person Suite Rental - $5,450
  • Round 2, Home Game 2 (Game 4 of Series) – Fri. 5/4 at 7 PM
    • Balcony - $190/ticket
    • Promenade - $190/ticket
    • Loge - $300/ticket
    • 15 Person Promenade Suite - $215/ticket
    • 18 Person Suite Rental - $5,450
  • Round 2, Home Game 3 (Game 6 of Series) – Tues. 5/8 at TBD
    • Balcony - $210/ticket
    • Promenade - $210/ticket
    • Loge - $325/ticket
    • 15 Person Promenade Suite - $235/ticket
    • 18 Person Suite Rental - $6,350

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Yikes.

Makes the $420 I got hit with this morning for games 3&4 easier to swallow.

I'd also like to thank the IRS for depositing my tax return today as well. Very timely.

Reactions: Fenway

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Yikes.

Makes the $420 I got hit with this morning for games 3&4 easier to swallow.

I'd also like to thank the IRS for depositing my tax return today as well. Very timely.

This morning? My phone blipped with the credit card charge at 10:41 last night...just as I was getting on the T. They're fast! Didn't really put a damper on the celebration, though...

Believe it or not, the "blue dot" prices are actually a little cheaper - they started at $225 a few weeks ago for R2HG1 and R2HG2, I think. JJ won't be happy that we don't have home ice and hence weekend games at home this round...that's probably part of the reason for the drop in price.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
This morning? My phone blipped with the credit card charge at 10:41 last night...just as I was getting on the T. They're fast! Didn't really put a damper on the celebration, though...

Believe it or not, the "blue dot" prices are actually a little cheaper - they started at $225 a few weeks ago for R2HG1 and R2HG2, I think. JJ won't be happy that we don't have home ice and hence weekend games at home this round...that's probably part of the reason for the drop in price.

It could have hit last night...I just didn't check my bank account until this morning!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm reading there is a separate gate entrance section for Club level tickets..is this true?
Yes.

There is a Club level entrance at both sides of North Station (The Garden sits on top of the train station).

You also get in 2 hours early which is nice since the Sports Museum wraps around the entire club level

Reactions: PoweredByRICE

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm reading there is a separate gate entrance section for Club level tickets..is this true?

Piece of advice: Don't use the Club entrance. You'll see them when you come in either end (east or west), but they always open the club entrance up to everyone about 30-40 minutes before the game. It's always slow, because there's usually only one or two security guards at the bottom of the stairs, followed by a long hike up the stairs, followed by one ticket scanner guy at the top of the stairs.

It's much quicker to just skip those, and enter with the hoi polloi by going up the escalator/staircase combo up to level 2. If you go in the entrance that's near the Pro Shop, you can walk past/behind the Pro Shop and take the club elevator (where you'll have to show your ticket) to Level 5. Usually the gates on level 2 are much faster than the "premium entrance" - there's about 6-8 security people, and 6-8 ticket scanning people.

You can also continue following the masses past the Pro Shop gate to the right and take an escalator to Level 4, the loge. From there, go clockwise in the concourse until you hit the Premium escalator, which across from Loge 21 or 22, I think.

Club seats are, IMO, the best in the Garden. It's fun to walk around and see the stuff they have on levels 5 and 6.

PoweredByRICE

Hates your team
May 7, 2011
Bangor, Maine
That was a big help talkinaway thanks!! I'm pretty stoked. Is level 5 and 6 restricted to club and suites? Seems like there is different food there. I printed out your post for my reference :)

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
That was a big help talkinaway thanks!! I'm pretty stoked. Is level 5 and 6 restricted to club and suites? Seems like there is different food there. I printed out your post for my reference :)

Yes, level 5 is club/suites, and level 6 is more suites - both are restricted to premium ticket holders. The food is a little different - there's a pseudo-food court on the east end (by where Rask defends 2x) with some tables - the largest station has a lot of the same stuff. Chicken fingers, meatball sub, pizza, hot dogs, sausage/pepper/onions. There are wraps and gelato available too - pretty sure they have a lot of the stuff in the loge/balcony areas, and frankly it's missing some of my favorites from the "outside world" (primo nachos behind 311, tacos behind 21).

There's also an in-seat menu, which again is a lot of the standard stuff. The food I've found isn't wildly different from the normal Garden food...not like what they have in Legends.

Oh, and normally, you can watch Dale and Billy in the food court area live in their booth by during intermissions. I know regular season the booth is usually empty during NBC(SN) games, but I'm not sure what happens beyond round 1 of the playoffs, as we haven't been there since 2014. They very well could be doing their pre- and post-shows from the Watertown studio that they use for away games, so it could be empty.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yes, level 5 is club/suites, and level 6 is more suites - both are restricted to premium ticket holders. The food is a little different - there's a pseudo-food court on the east end (by where Rask defends 2x) with some tables - the largest station has a lot of the same stuff. Chicken fingers, meatball sub, pizza, hot dogs, sausage/pepper/onions. There are wraps and gelato available too - pretty sure they have a lot of the stuff in the loge/balcony areas, and frankly it's missing some of my favorites from the "outside world" (primo nachos behind 311, tacos behind 21).

There's also an in-seat menu, which again is a lot of the standard stuff. The food I've found isn't wildly different from the normal Garden food...not like what they have in Legends.

Oh, and normally, you can watch Dale and Billy in the food court area live in their booth by during intermissions. I know regular season the booth is usually empty during NBC(SN) games, but I'm not sure what happens beyond round 1 of the playoffs, as we haven't been there since 2014. They very well could be doing their pre- and post-shows from the Watertown studio that they use for away games, so it could be empty.
They do pre and post game on NESN so Dale, Billy and Barry are all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->