News Article: "ticket sales have skyrocketed since the team traded for Phil Kessel"

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Never going to happen buuuuutt it's summer and hypotheticals are fun.

Imagine if the Sun's built a new arena downtown or in the east, the Coyotes played 20 games there and the rest in Glendale. The east vs west debate would be settled forever. Sarver could probably handle sharing the arena for 20 nights. No one would be able to complain that the games are too far away. I'd like to think it would be oa versionf what the Isles do, except it would work hahah

That's actually a good idea. How about two arenas both teams play in? They rotate weeks so there's either the Suns or Yotes playing on each side of town. Wonder if that could work.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
That's actually a good idea. How about two arenas both teams play in? They rotate weeks so there's either the Suns or Yotes playing on each side of town. Wonder if that could work.

The layouts of the arenas differ too much, so you’d run into issues in regards to fans who hold partial or full season tickets.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
The layouts of the arenas differ too much, so you’d run into issues in regards to fans who hold partial or full season tickets.

Yeah forgot about season tickets. That would make it a nightmare. You'd have to sell a bunch of partial packages and then have like a big mosh pit for playoff ticket rights.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
The Packers did that for a long time. Most games in Green Bay, a few in Milwaukee. They just ended up with two season ticket bases that sort of merged when the Packers stopped playing in Milwaukee.

It’s an interesting idea. I could see it working if both teams got on board. If you want all the games, you can just buy both packages for the same cost as one big package. As noted, you would need another hockey capable stadium.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Have any full or partial STH's received tickets. Coyotes debited my account 2 weeks ago but I have no tickets (going digital to cut cost) nor a confirmation or receipt of purchase. I'll reach out to my rep at lunch but curious what others may have received.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Have any full or partial STH's received tickets. Coyotes debited my account 2 weeks ago but I have no tickets (going digital to cut cost) nor a confirmation or receipt of purchase. I'll reach out to my rep at lunch but curious what others may have received.
No tickets rec'd. I elected digital as well, kind of frustrating when you go into your account and it shows no games. I can understand a delay for those who elected hard tickets, but electronic should be near immediate. Also wondering how they are going to approach prepaid parking - electronic, or hard tix. Figure I'll reach out to my rep at some point regarding that, not too concerned about either yet though. Let me know what you find, should you inquire.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
No tickets rec'd. I elected digital as well, kind of frustrating when you go into your account and it shows no games. I can understand a delay for those who elected hard tickets, but electronic should be near immediate. Also wondering how they are going to approach prepaid parking - electronic, or hard tix. Figure I'll reach out to my rep at some point regarding that, not too concerned about either yet though. Let me know what you find, should you inquire.
Don't hold me to this, but I think I went to a couple of games last year (Coyotes website) and I didn't get the digital till about a week before the game. I might be wrong, I've been wrong before- just ask my wife... :laugh::nod::boredom:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I wish the rink was smaller. it's brutal to watch a game on tv and see the 3-4 thousand empty seats.
Add in we have among the lowest price ticket and near the bottom in attendance and you can see why Bettman says we need to get out of Glendale.
Thank god our new owner is a BILLIONARE.
Well, you could always come to the games and see an arena with 1 less empty seat with your own eyes.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Don't hold me to this, but I think I went to a couple of games last year (Coyotes website) and I didn't get the digital till about a week before the game. I might be wrong, I've been wrong before- just ask my wife... :laugh::nod::boredom:
Didn't know they had digital last season? They / I had the card and it always came just prior to season start. This season they are offering digital ticketing that are held on your account and you download each game to a damn app on your cell phone for entry. I liked the card.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Didn't know they had digital last season? They / I had the card and it always came just prior to season start. This season they are offering digital ticketing that are held on your account and you download each game to a damn app on your cell phone for entry. I liked the card.

The cards are WAY better than the phone app.

The app seems to work better now than it did when they first started it, though I still have issues with it occasionally.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The cards are WAY better than the phone app.

The app seems to work better now than it did when they first started it, though I still have issues with it occasionally.
Oh SHIT - so I should have gone with hard tix... damn
What problems do you experience? Did you have them as a sth? Don't know if that even matters.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Oh **** - so I should have gone with hard tix... damn
What problems do you experience? Did you have them as a sth? Don't know if that even matters.

I've always been able to get in on time, but sometimes the servers would get overloaded and the tickets would take forever to load. Sometimes I'd have to restart the app, restart the phone.
It's a relatively minor annoyance but enough of one that I'd prefer something else.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I've always been able to get in on time, but sometimes the servers would get overloaded and the tickets would take forever to load. Sometimes I'd have to restart the app, restart the phone.
It's a relatively minor annoyance but enough of one that I'd prefer something else.
Sounds like if I download them from my account manager earlier in the day, I'd be okay? Or even day / days before? Think it's too late to opt for hard tix now.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Sounds like if I download them from my account manager earlier in the day, I'd be okay? Or even day / days before? Think it's too late to opt for hard tix now.

What always happened to me was, I'd load the app after having my phone locked and it would auto try to refresh it so whatever I had displayed went away.

I'm sure it works fine for some people, my phone may just suck, who knows.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
What always happened to me was, I'd load the app after having my phone locked and it would auto try to refresh it so whatever I had displayed went away.

I'm sure it works fine for some people, my phone may just suck, who knows.
Okay, thanks. Hoping I can get around any issues by downloading and putting in iwallet. Time will tell.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Oh **** - so I should have gone with hard tix... damn

Personally, I have never had app issues be it StubHub or Coyotes ticket manager. Don't know if it matters but I am always early. There when gates open. Might not be peak traffic time for app access.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Never going to happen buuuuutt it's summer and hypotheticals are fun.

Imagine if the Sun's built a new arena downtown or in the east, the Coyotes played 20 games there and the rest in Glendale. The east vs west debate would be settled forever. Sarver could probably handle sharing the arena for 20 nights. No one would be able to complain that the games are too far away. I'd like to think it would be oa versionf what the Isles do, except it would work hahah

And if attendance in the east was say 20% higher than the west, it would confirm that home games need to permanently relocate.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Is Coyotes ticket manager app a subsidiary of TicketMaster?

Not surprised that the tickets have not shown up. When is first preseason game? Sep 16th? If the tickets aren't in the account by mid-August, I would worry. I think I finally got my ticket card after the first preseason game one year.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Usually tickets get populated a couple of weeks before the season starts. That keeps them off of the secondary market until 2 weeks before the season opener.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Where does everyone sit? I'm thinking of diving into a season ticket package again. It'd just be me, myself, and I. The rep that contacted me brought up section 223, row b(I was looking for an aisle seat since I'm big and would prefer not to force people to get up for me to step on their feet walking to my seat). Thinking I might make the plunge for a 2 year commitment because, why the heck not. I love hockey.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I hope my life works out in such a way that I can be retired with disposable income. I’d love to be one of those old guys I see at the arena who just live there. Haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->