Ticket prices question.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Hey guys, I just have a couple questions regarding tickets (not sure where the appropriate thread is). Me and some buddy's plan on traveling to see the Leafs play in Edmonton but when looking at tickets they were around 300$+ Are they normally this expensive? Seems like awfully a lot (you can find cheaper in Toronto surprisingly haha).

Also if we travel down.. would it be cheaper if we went to the box office and tried to buy tickets like that?

Thanks a ton! and Good luck this season!

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Hey guys, I just have a couple questions regarding tickets (not sure where the appropriate thread is). Me and some buddy's plan on traveling to see the Leafs play in Edmonton but when looking at tickets they were around 300$+ Are they normally this expensive? Seems like awfully a lot (you can find cheaper in Toronto surprisingly haha).

Also if we travel down.. would it be cheaper if we went to the box office and tried to buy tickets like that?

Resale prices for Leafs games are very expensive. If you can find any available that is.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Honestly, Maple Leaf games are seen as money recoupers for season ticket holders. You can keep watching since Maple Leaf fans have the worst reputation amongst visiting fans so a large chunk of season ticket holders don't want to attend the game (though many likely have a Leafs fan in there group) but I don't think you will have any luck at the box office.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
That is one team I can honestly say I will never see live. I have seen ball games in Seattle and many of my fellow Jays fans were an embarrassment. I don't desire to be on the receiving end of that in our own barn. That said, Leafs and Habs games will be stupidly priced.

Last edited:

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Toronto, Montreal, Pittsburgh and Washington tickets always get jack up in price because there is always a huge demand for them because of a few reasons.

1. We only see them once a year in Edmonton.
2. For the Habs/Leafs there are a lot of fans in the area from people who have moved out here for work who are prepared to spend alot to see their teams play live.
3. Pens/Caps has to do with Sid and Ovi.
4. As Section 337 said above alot of people who get these tickets see them as a way to make money so they sell them at a jacked up price.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
We jack up the prices on Leaf tickets to keep annoying Leaf fans out. Canuck rats used to sneak in, but they've disappeared for some reason. Rest assured it isn't their loyalty, they'll be the first to tell you that when they're winning.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
You pretty much have to luck out when the Oilers release single game tickets in August, or else you'll be paying insane resale prices.

mervincm

Sep 12, 2008
Leafs tickets will always sell for full list price. Last year retail for my pair of Leafs tickets was $354 (center ice upper deck) and I believe they are more this year :(

Nonamee

Sep 2, 2016

Hello Torontonian,

A few aren't welcoming you with open arms = :pb:

Let me go on record as doing so. I hope that you are not being dissuaded from coming on down. If you are able to make it, welcome to Alberta! Welcome to Edmonton! I'm sure that you will have a good time.

:welcome:

I attended last years game and had a great time. One could only wish that we had that kind of atmosphere at almost all our other home games. It is one in less than a hand full of games that come anywhere near a playoff atmosphere (an atmosphere that has far to often been absent in Edmonton). Although I am a long standing Oiler fan (since they joined the NHL), I am of course a hockey fan as well. One old enough to remember the NHL without the Oil, a time when hockey was only on CBC once a week, every Saturday. Some real loyal fans were built back in those days.

Seriously who can give a Toronto fan such a hard time? Over 50 years since their last cup? In this day and age some fans have a new favorite team more than once a year. Would there be so many Vegas fans if they didn't do as well as they did? But I digress ...

It may not be everyone's experience, but where I sat it was a great evening of hockey and camaraderie with/among like minded hockey fans; respectful, cordial, polite and lots of fun. I took a colleague (a huge Leafs fan, who may well not have been able to afford to attend the game), the Oil lost, and all was good.

This year, it is by far the most sought after ticket. Was my number one pick ... I didn't pick number one ... it went first. An early (not too, Oilers never win, bad juju, early) on a Saturday in what is among the top 4 highest price hockey markets in the NHL. Ya, keep an eye out for a good deal, jump at it if you see one and get a chance. But be careful and do your due diligence before you make the purchase if it is not via Ticketmaster (and that's a whole different story/thread :shakehead).

Thanks for the well wishes and good luck to you as well!

Last edited:

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
You picked a bad game to go.

Now if you have any interest in Arizona or the Minnesota Wild you could get cheap tickets.

As others have said, the Toronto game is one of the biggest of the year and is always expensive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->