WJC: Ticket information & other things

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
It's too early. Check back midsommer. This isn't the Olympics after all.

I love how the Russians said there would be a website with information by February and now we're in May and that website is nowhere to be found. What can you do... It's Russia. In the end everything will work out perfectly anyway. See you there!

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
I am still surprised by the choice of the venue: there is not a good second arena in the city. They could have chosen two close cities with the infrastructure...

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
I am still surprised by the choice of the venue: there is not a good second arena in the city. They could have chosen two close cities with the infrastructure...

As far as I know they are actually working on the smaller arena to get it fixed for WJC. These are reports from my Ufa friends. Besides, the Swede-Finnish group is not very sexy, they will move into Ufa-Arena in the playoffs.

And vorky: The website with fan information is fully the responsability of the Russian Organizing Committee... Just relax, there is time. It is Russia, they will get it done eventually. Trust me, I understand how things work. :)

ult

Sep 21, 2009

The second arena is undergoing reconstruction. It will have 3550 seats.

81241151.jpg

20536999.jpg

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
That arena is surely too small for an event such as this?

yes, but of cause, because secondary arenas in USA and Canada didn't look like hastily assembled plane hangars. This arena will be a fully renovated stadium for the MHL team Toplar and way better than secondary arenas in many tournaments.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
yes, but of cause, because secondary arenas in USA and Canada didn't look like hastily assembled plane hangars. This arena will be a fully renovated stadium for the MHL team Toplar and way better than secondary arenas in many tournaments.

I was more talking about the 3550 capacity. I know that all stadiums look like aircraft hangars when being built, that's a given but I would've thought that they would've made it 5000?

What's the capacity of the other stadium?

ult

Sep 21, 2009
3500 is ok for a MHL team. Ufa-arena is about 8k seats.

khlsalavat02.jpg

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
Ufa-Arena (7950) is top European class. Ufa Sports Palace (3900) looks okay. Maybe Magnitogorsk would have been better but as far as I know there will be many off ice events in Ufa for fans, which makes it more fun to be there. Besides, looks like 200 canadian fans are going there. Where they are I will try to be. It's way better sticking around with them than being by yourself in Mg.

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Ufa-Arena (7950) is top European class. Ufa Sports Palace (3900) looks okay. Maybe Magnitogorsk would have been better but as far as I know there will be many off ice events for fans. Besides, looks like 200 canadian fans are going there. Where they are I will try to be. It's way better sticking around with them than being by yourself in Mg.

3900 is more than enough for MHL and any non-Russian WJC team. After remodeling the arena it will be pretty nice for the tournament. WJC is still WJC - absolutely no need to spread it between to major hockey cities.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I was more talking about the 3550 capacity. I know that all stadiums look like aircraft hangars when being built, that's a given but I would've thought that they would've made it 5000?

What's the capacity of the other stadium?

Even in Canada and the US, the demand for attendance in games not involving the home country or a meeting of major powers (e.g., Sweden-Canada) won't generate that much demand for tickets. Holding the tournament in Moscow or St. Petersburg would solve the problem of availability of large arenas, but it wouldn't necessarily mean high attendance for every game. I am sure that all medal round games will be held in the larger arena.

Last edited:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

The WJR's in Alberta made a minimum of $22M with $86.2M in overall economic impact. In a word... "Wow".

Hope Russia reaps the same benefits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad