WJC: Ticket information & other things

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
You have two options: pay 500-600 U.S. and cancel your russian citiizenship all-together, or spend about the same and renew your russian passport (which i have done, and yes I am a dual citizen of usa and russia).
The cost for a new passport at the Russian Embassy in Toronto (MOGiLNY's location) is $30. You may have to spend a little more when factoring in passport photos and other miscellaneous expenses, but you get the point. :D

yes, the official Russian Law - 2 month turn around time for a confirmation of the citizenship I believe, but it took me 13, lol
The law is that you must be issued a new passport no more than 3 months after the date of applying for a replacement. This, however, does not include the confirmation of citizenship procedure that one must undergo in the absence of a valid document affirming one's Russian citizenship. The latter depends on how quickly the FМS office with which you are registered in Russia is able to process your documents. The general time frame to expect in straightforward cases is anywhere between 2-6 months.

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
Press conference stating that fans will NOT have a problem getting visa documentation for this trip. Also, you cannot choose whatever hotel you like, there are 2-3 hotels which are dedicated to fans:

Starts ~15:30: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcDjsdL21Us&list=UUTrV-H_kc60QsDoGaQTSbng&index=2&feature=plcp

Russia-Canada-USA group will play in Ufa Arena, a nice modern arena with 8 000 seats. Sweden-Finland group will play in the smaller 3 900 seats Ufa Sports Palace Arena.

I was in Ufa 5 months ago. Ask your hotel to call for a cab. Riding a cab for 20 minutes is about $4. However the traffic is not as civilized as one could wish.

This is Ufa Arena, the arena that will host the Canada group: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6xfQJtt-DE

Night clubs are completely empty sunday-thursday so I would recommend Hockey fans from western Europe and North America to join together and have a party. The best night clubs are found along the 20km long "prospect" street.

Friday and saturday are really crowded with beatiful professional dancers performing making almost every night club feel like a strip club.

Last edited:

warrenwelte

Feb 7, 2011
Hi Warren, I'm looking for the same info. Also looked at destiny tours; no prices till Feb. However their prices for previous trips seem very high, I'm sure it can be done much cheaper if you're prepared to spend some time on the net doing the research, I've done the world Juniors twice; Fussen Germany (Lindros) and Heksinki, Finland (Crosby, Ovechkin, Semin). Very enjoyable hockey experiences. For Helsinki I bought 4 tickets on the blue line about 15 rows from the ice; total cost for 4 tickets for all the games not just Canada's was $1285.00 CAD. I plan to buy tickets on my own somehow, book a hotel thru the internet (direct with a hotel, not thru a middle man), find the best flight deal from Toronto to Moscow then take the train to Ufa. I lived in Sochi, Russia for three years and travelled extensively by train which I really enjoyed (cheap as dirt). This way you are not dictated by a tour company schedule; your time is your own. I chuckled when I read some comments of guys taking their girlfriends, reminds me of the saying; would you take a ham sandwich to a banquet?[ yah i would do the same. we were in Pardubice, a few years back, great time, and we are planning on going to Malmo in 2 years.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
The cost for a new passport at the Russian Embassy in Toronto (MOGiLNY's location) is $30. You may have to spend a little more when factoring in passport photos and other miscellaneous expenses, but you get the point. :D

The law is that you must be issued a new passport no more than 3 months after the date of applying for a replacement. This, however, does not include the confirmation of citizenship procedure that one must undergo in the absence of a valid document affirming one's Russian citizenship. The latter depends on how quickly the FМS office with which you are registered in Russia is able to process your documents. The general time frame to expect in straightforward cases is anywhere between 2-6 months.

you are right, now when you include the 6 (worst case scenario) to 3 (wors case scenario) = 9, took me 13 teen month to get confirmed and 3 more to get the passport, as you can tell worst case scenario 9 is tad bid smaller than 16, no? I had to hire a company to work for me and help me get the confirmation, and arrange an appointment bypassing the line as I can't travel to NYC all the time - also I paid 200 for the roundtrip train to NYC and I didn't include the expanses for shipping handling and the photos - had I done that would have been around 1,000

Fulcrum

you are right, now when you include the 6 (worst case scenario) to 3 (wors case scenario) = 9, took me 13 teen month to get confirmed and 3 more to get the passport, as you can tell worst case scenario 9 is tad bid smaller than 16, no? I had to hire a company to work for me and help me get the confirmation, and arrange an appointment bypassing the line as I can't travel to NYC all the time - also I paid 200 for the roundtrip train to NYC and I didn't include the expanses for shipping handling and the photos - had I done that would have been around 1,000

ouch, surprisingly it can be done much quicker for $100 in Moscow :)

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
Anyone find any information on when and where a person can get tickets from yet? I swear this tourney almost doesnt exist with the lack of information available.

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I thinks tickets won't be available until summer or so.
It was earlier announced that average ticket price will be ~$15.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I am actually pretty unhappy about the second arena. They should have done Ufa-Kazan

Its actually common for WJC to be held in a location where there is one first-class arena and one that is not even close to being as good.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Its actually common for WJC to be held in a location where there is one first-class arena and one that is not even close to being as good.

second one is under reconstruction to be honest. but yes, it is not top one.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I Was Wondering If Anybody Has Any Information, About The World Juniors In Ufa, Russia? Places To Stay, Ticket Prices, Things To Do, Etc Thx. Warren

Get your tickets early! Ufa is hockey-crazy. They will be sold out in no time. But right now it's too early to start planning. You can PM me anyway. I'm probably going and I've got a 'system' in place for organizing those trips.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Anyone find any information on when and where a person can get tickets from yet? I swear this tourney almost doesnt exist with the lack of information available.

It's too early. Check back midsommer. This isn't the Olympics after all.

magnus svensson*

Another question: I heard that Russia is a very dangerous and racist country and the lynching of people of colour is not unheard of. Also im wondering about the gay-culture in russia, i heard in moscow it is no problem but in small towns like ufa? Would a homosexual African-American male stick out or would it be no problem ? Would i have problems to get a visa because of this ?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Another question: I heard that Russia is a very dangerous and racist country and the lynching of people of colour is not unheard of. Also im wondering about the gay-culture in russia, i heard in moscow it is no problem but in small towns like ufa? Would a homosexual African-American male stick out or would it be no problem ? Would i have problems to get a visa because of this ?

Just meet up with the guy at 4.16 and you're good to go.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

you only get a master card then

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->