News Article: Ticket Exchange Opened to Public

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I can understand that. I guess the frustrating part from my perspective is that I paid for a perk and without any notice no longer am getting that perk. That's annoying. I guess we'll just have to see what ends up happening with Seat Exchange and how much it affects the availability of seats.

I understand that too...the time-limited exclusivity option that's been bandied about here would've been a good compromise (say, if a STH posts their tickets 72+ hours before gametime there's a 24 or 48 hour window for waiting list members) - maybe too complicated to administer with the clunky Ticketmaster system?

HockeyAnn

Mar 10, 2012
I understand that too...the time-limited exclusivity option that's been bandied about here would've been a good compromise (say, if a STH posts their tickets 72+ hours before gametime there's a 24 or 48 hour window for waiting list members) - maybe too complicated to administer with the clunky Ticketmaster system?

Charging $40 in administration fees per ticket you think they could find a way, no?!

Had they of just left it like it was the first 2 seasons no one would have complained and people would have signed up for the waitlist based on whether they wanted or thought they had a chance to get season tickets. I'm in with a group, much closer on the list, and only did this this season to get the perk. Had they not have offered the exclusivity I never would have bothered. That's likely why I find this irritating. I suppose I just paid $100 to get into a "free" exclusive practice! haha. Such is life. I'll still by tickets, I'll still use ticketmaster and seat exchange and life will go on. :handclap:

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Haha, that's true. Hell, when I was your age I was buying Jets tickets at 7-11 for under $10 each. Those were the days.

I remember getting tickets for WHA games when Hull, Hedberg and Nilsson were the BEST FREAKIN' LINE IN HOCKEY in the mid-late 70's for $4 a ticket at McDonalds (of all places...) in the Greys (i.e. the top two rows in the old barn before they added the upper decks). Back in those days I took Transit Tom to the games because I wasn't old enough to drive.

If you never saw Hull, Hedberg and Nilsson in person, you don't know what you missed :handclap:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I remember getting tickets for WHA games when Hull, Hedberg and Nilsson were the BEST FREAKIN' LINE IN HOCKEY in the mid-late 70's for $4 a ticket at McDonalds (of all places...) in the Greys (i.e. the top two rows in the old barn before they added the upper decks). Back in those days I took Transit Tom to the games because I wasn't old enough to drive.

If you never saw Hull, Hedberg and Nilsson in person, you don't know what you missed :handclap:

$4 in 1976 = $15 today...so that's, what a beer at a game today?

I imagine the team's entire 1976 player payroll would be less than Al Montoya makes today.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
I think it comes down to TNSE listening to the complaints of STHs who were having problems selling to the limited Seat Exchange market over the possible backlash from those on the waiting list. The former group have deposits down of $500-$1000 per seat and pay $2000-$6500 per seat each year, and are committed to 3- 4- or 5-year terms. The latter have a non-refundable $50 plus their $100/year membership. Easy call for TNSE.

This X 1000

TN really dropped the ball with that ridiculous perk offered to waiting list members. I voiced my frustration several times with my ticket rep... Basically told him that if TN took care of their existing ST holders there would be little need for a waiting list all together.

seasontixholder*

Having season tickets, I think it was a dumb idea to only offer tickets on ticket exchange to the wait list members. There is 8000 seats on the list, not 8000 members from what I was told. If I want to sell my tickets, I'd rather have access to sell to anyone. True North are taking care of their season ticket holders and so they should. Sorry to wait list members but now that renewals are starting, True North wants to keep the season ticket holders they have.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
Now we opened the floodgates to all, there are 57 listings left for the Blues game on tuesday. Still sounds like too many. Maybe it's time to set your own price? True North messed up by advertising to new waiting list members (like myself), the opportunity to have exclusive access. Now you take it back? You have my attention now for sure. Expect about a 1000 people to jump ship. Then True North will come up with another policy to woo 1000 more people to the mix. I will stick to ticketmaster 3 hours before the game. Always good seats available.

HockeyAnn

Mar 10, 2012
Now we opened the floodgates to all, there are 57 listings left for the Blues game on tuesday. Still sounds like too many. Maybe it's time to set your own price? True North messed up by advertising to new waiting list members (like myself), the opportunity to have exclusive access. Now you take it back? You have my attention now for sure. Expect about a 1000 people to jump ship. Then True North will come up with another policy to woo 1000 more people to the mix. I will stick to ticketmaster 3 hours before the game. Always good seats available.

I went to a LA Clippers game a few weeks ago...when you go on ticketmaster to buy tickets there are seats that are in two different colours. One colour was tickets returned by season ticket holders and they name their own price, the second was the ticketmaster tickets. We got a pair of season ticket returns, for below the cost of the ticketmaster seats and they were very good seats. Maybe this is an approach the Jets want to consider taking if the seat exchange still isn't emptying after being opened up.

I want to say that a lot of folks are using the seat exchange to make money since they pay one price and are getting another in return? Maybe that is why it's more flooded than prior years...am I mistaken getting walk up value vs season ticket value is something new this year?

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
A little off topic but...

I wonder what season ticket holders feel about TNSE selling lower bowl singles for $95 and upper deck singles for $45 taxes in? For example, I just bought 2 single club seats (9 seats from each other) for the Tue game against St. Louis for $190 taxes in. There are tons of singles on Seat Exchange for that game right now. I was going to buy a single off Ticket Exchange until this deal came up. I was holding off to see if they had this deal again and bang, there it is. Clearly, TNSE doesn't care because the seats on Ticket Exchange are already sold but if I'm a ticket holder trying to sell a single on TE I'm a little pissed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad