THW Two-Round Mock: Wings get Lazar & Lodge

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
do_not_want_dog.jpg

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
I published a two-round mock at THW this week: http://thehockeywriters.com/ives-mock-able-two-round-2013-nhl-mock-draft/

I was wondering what Wings fans thought of the picks I picked for the team. Would love to hear from you guys!

Personally, I like Lazar but I believe the general feeling amongst the fans on the board is that Zykov is the better prospect. Ergo, if Holland were to choose Lazar and let Zykov go with the very next pick; that would be considered by most here to be a mistake. (At least, afaict)

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
Wouldn't mind Lazar but I like Zykov & Mantha a lot more. Again, I wouldn't mind Lodge but I like Heatherington more and Shea Theodore a ton more; gun to my head, I'd probably draft Theodore as high as 25.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Just watched the NHL Network's Mock Draft, and they had Ryan Pulock going to the Canucks at #24. I would be pretty mad if he is there when we draft and we didn't get him. It would be nice to get a forward, but I wouldn't pass on a guy like him if he is still there when we are picking.

RedWingsNow*

Mock drafts are fun to participate in and boring to read.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I don't hate it as we get 2 centers with top 6 upside it's just I'm not sure I really like Lazar. He seems destined to be a gritty 3rd line C, like Fischer on Nashville, I'm not sure if that's someone I want to spend 1st on. I do like the Lodge pick.

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
Let's hope it doesn't come to that, my friend.

Haha, I sure hope so! The Wings have no pressing needs so I'll be fine with whoever they select on draft day.

Good job with the mock draft, I am curious on Lodge is there a more in-depth scouting report on him? I've seen summaries and Youtube videos, but I prefer to dig deeper with guys who interest me.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Lodge

Haha, I sure hope so! The Wings have no pressing needs so I'll be fine with whoever they select on draft day.

Good job with the mock draft, I am curious on Lodge is there a more in-depth scouting report on him? I've seen summaries and Youtube videos, but I prefer to dig deeper with guys who interest me.

From McKeen's Scouting Service:

Failed to earn an invite to the CHL Top Prospects Game which
sparked a torrid month-long surge (10-10-12-22) .. blossomed
moving to the top line with leading scorer Eric Locke and captain
Garret Ross .. the Downingtown, Pennsylvania native showcased
his offensive skill centering Team USA’s top line at the Ivan Hlinka
.. SCOUTING REPORT .. an intuitive and skilled offensive forward ..
displays good vision as an attacker - and is backed by an explosive
wristshot that whips off his blade .. developing as a playmaker ..
adopted a more patient and methodical approach as the season
progressed - evaluating options better, holding the puck longer ..
an enigmatic skater who emits occasional bursts of elite speed
.. skating stance is slightly knock-kneed - yet doesn’t seem to
impair a springy stride that features excellent startup quickness
and acceleration .. seldom exploits these however - as he tends
not to skate through plays - but rather gravitate to areas of least
resistance .. not an overly assertive player .. attempts to finish hits
though rarely sacrifices himself and attacks the boards .. goes to
the net and digs for loose pucks provided there’s no imminent hits
coming .. flashes signs of being a dominant player - and can go
higher on draft day to a team confident he can develop his courage
while strengthening a slight, wiry frame.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Obviously early in his development, but that reads as little guy not willing to pay the price for some of that on the scouting report above. Not really a quality I like to hear.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I don't hate it as we get 2 centers with top 6 upside it's just I'm not sure I really like Lazar. He seems destined to be a gritty 3rd line C, like Fischer on Nashville, I'm not sure if that's someone I want to spend 1st on. I do like the Lodge pick.

lazar can play wing. his a physical player and sniper. he can have a morrow/doan impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad