THW Column: Phoenix draft analyzed, graded

Dan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Respect is refreshing. I think Domi is destined for wing. But regardless, they came away with an injection of skill that was much needed. Thanks for posting this.

AZcoyotes33

Jun 2, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Pretty good write up. Appreciate the opinions and analysis. I think the grading was fair for the Coyotes (B+). I myself considered it an A- but I think a little bit of bias played a part in that.

The Coyotes' need going into the draft was centers and skilled forwards. I love that they wasted no time and addressed their needs without reaching.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I agree

Pretty good write up. Appreciate the opinions and analysis. I think the grading was fair for the Coyotes (B+). I myself considered it an A- but I think a little bit of bias played a part in that.

The Coyotes' need going into the draft was centers and skilled forwards. I love that they wasted no time and addressed their needs without reaching.

...and you folks are going to be far nicer to me than the Sharks fans.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Good read! Personally I do think Domi is a can't miss player and his size is actually an attribute. The kid is an offensive genius yet built like a fire hydrant!

It's actually Dauphin's size that has me worried, he'd blow away in a breeze! He's young though and with some good weight training he can hopefully add some useful poundage and if he does, I think you're right that he'll end up a 2nd round steal.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Dauphin is Knickle's first signature pick is he not? Martinook was an 'out there' pick but I don't remember us trading up for him like Dauphin. Curious to see how he turns out. Will be a few years, as he was a rookie in the Q last year. Raw.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It was a good read. I'm glad you posted it. I always like reading different takes on drafts.

I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as Shark's fan, though As a fan, even when the org does something incredibly foolish and you are angry, you still want to find that silver lining or someway to justify it. "It might not be as bad IF...", "Maybe they really liked him and heard someone else was going to take a flyer on Mueller before our pick..." You pulled the rug out from under them and their entire draft a "F". haha

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks for reading!

It was a good read. I'm glad you posted it. I always like reading different takes on drafts.

I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as Shark's fan, though As a fan, even when the org does something incredibly foolish and you are angry, you still want to find that silver lining or someway to justify it. "It might not be as bad IF...", "Maybe they really liked him and heard someone else was going to take a flyer on Mueller before our pick..." You pulled the rug out from under them and their entire draft a "F". haha

You can always find my stuff on thehockeywriters.com and you can follow my Twitter feed: @StIves72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad