Thursday practice

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I've been saying it for a while, Hall's knee is nowhere near 100%. I won't be surprised if he ends up back on the IR before the season's over.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Guys.

It was a back to back series and with both games physical and going into OT.

Knee injuries typically involve some soreness, maybe even inflammation from over exertion on days when you've done too much with it.

On a positive side the way knee braces are made these days its harder to reinjure your knee significantly. The braces are designed such that over extension of joint will not occur if brace is on properly.

So Hall taking a break after too much activity in short time frame is a good move.

This is likely business as usual. The ongoing saga in knee rehab is you have days where you have to step back and let it rest.

Good on Hall and the team to recognize that.

Last edited:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
They have a practice on New Years? Eberle won't be too pleased lol

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
They have a practice on New Years? Eberle won't be too pleased lol

haha

Never thought of that angle. :laugh:

Pretty sure though that some of these guys were probably disappointed to have a game scheduled on NYE.

That said it was one of the more enjoyable NYE contests in years.

Perhaps strangely the 3-3 scoreline evoked Montreal Canadiens vs Red Army around 75. The best hockey game ever played.

Not saying it was like the latter but just made me think about it.

Craig MacAtaracts

Visually...
Mar 11, 2013
If Hall's knee is bothering him, why is he still playing? This season is already in the *******, do what you need to do RIGHT NOW so that you can comeback 100% for next season.

This happened with RNH when his shoulder was bothering him, and it's going to happen to Hall now too.

This team is very fragile mentally, having a good start to the season is imperative to any future success imo. You're not setting yourself up for that success if your best player isn't 100% to start the season.

McShiva

5-14-6-1
Aug 27, 2010
hall hasn't been good the last while. Lots of minor league mistakes, and lack of hustle as well. Just not as dominate consistently as we have seen. I think he is hurt, during the skills contest, his time was a bit slower than last year, and noticeably slower at that.

If he is hurt, I hope the morons upstairs actually do the right thing and give him time off so he can heal. Of course they won't, even though the season is over.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
hall hasn't been good the last while. Lots of minor league mistakes, and lack of hustle as well. Just not as dominate consistently as we have seen. I think he is hurt, during the skills contest, his time was a bit slower than last year, and noticeably slower at that.

If he is hurt, I hope the morons upstairs actually do the right thing and give him time off so he can heal. Of course they won't, even though the season is over.

Most knee injuries actually require activity as part of the rehab. Once you have recovered from the injury itself and the joint is stabilized, and in Halls case also with a knee brace that he plays with the risk of re injury or compromising it is actually low. It would be far worse for Hall not to be doing anything. Its not like he's going to get better on its own just because he's not playing. it takes time, continual rehab, and ongoing activity to get over a knee injury.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
haha

Never thought of that angle. :laugh:

Pretty sure though that some of these guys were probably disappointed to have a game scheduled on NYE.

That said it was one of the more enjoyable NYE contests in years.

Perhaps strangely the 3-3 scoreline evoked Montreal Canadiens vs Red Army around 75. The best hockey game ever played.

Not saying it was like the latter but just made me think about it.

Not to hijack the thread, but game 2 of the 87 Canada Cup final, Canada vrs Soviets, hands down best game, and highest calibre of hockey combined with intensity ever witnessed.

Just saying.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Not to hijack the thread, but game 2 of the 87 Canada Cup final, Canada vrs Soviets, hands down best game, and highest calibre of hockey combined with intensity ever witnessed.

Just saying.

All 3 games against the Soviets were incredible, three 6-5 games, it was nuts.

Best hockey ever.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I was expecting something a TAD different when I read the thread title.

Interesting interview with Pouliot on New Years Day.

Said he felt great as far as conditioning after skating for a week.

But he said he has to "get back to speed with the boys, the execution, the pace of the game.......and the pace of the practices."

First time I've heard something like that from a player in a while. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4