Post-Game Talk: Thu., Nov. 7, 2013| Devils 3 at Flyers 0

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I tried staying out of GDT and it helped a bit. Lol

Observations, Mezz and Gill wouldn't be a top pair in the ECHL. I am officially done with Berube and after this year get rid of him. Any coach that can not see how awful those two are should be no where near a NHL gig, he's over his head.

Other than crashing the net, Simmonds and Hartnell have zero offensive skill or talent. There is a need for those two clowns in the western conference, ****ing trade one of them already, having both in line up is stupidity.

Raffl and Newbury are two best players, only guys skating tonight.

SgtJoseph*

If i were to make a move i would go after Jagr , maybe his wisdom, work ethic and puck control can settle the club down .

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Its incredible seeing folks on here blame Mez ? We had ZERO goals folks ! Its obvious Mez had a bad game................But ZERO goals is the reason we lost , not Mez, or our D , or goalie etc.

Mez is constantly having a bad game. He is getting torn apart. Berube is showing that he also is clueless like the players are.

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
Has to be showcasing him.

Because nobody's that dumb.

I've been reading this since the start of the year and I'm sorry but how in the hell is playing a crappy defender so he can make horrible decisions on the ice *SHOWCASING* a player for trade?

Every game Mez plays is a game another team's scout/GM looks at and lowers his value.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Rip that "C" off, piss on it, and burn it.

Giroux's looking more and more like the Flyers' version of the Rangers' Scott Gomez. I'd move him if at all possible. I know that sounds like an overreaction, but if it's not done soon, this team could be stuck with the worst contract in the league for a long time. I can't recall a player being paid in the tier that he'll be paid next year with a stretch of games like he's had.

Of course, there's a chance that he turns it around, but that's a humungous "if" and I wouldn't chance ~12% of the salary cap on a question mark as big as Giroux.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If i were to make a move i would go after Jagr , maybe his wisdom, work ethic and puck control can settle the club down .

No, we cannot trade our assets for a 41 year old...we need to be focusing on rebuilding, and THEN we should look for vets. I would not start with getting vets.

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
Its incredible seeing folks on here blame Mez ? We had ZERO goals folks ! Its obvious Mez had a bad game................But ZERO goals is the reason we lost , not Mez, or our D , or goalie etc.

yeah but does that change how awful Mez is? No.

Jumping

Jun 17, 2010
Atlanta Ga
What happened to the Giroux who ragged the puck for 30 seconds in the dying moments of Game 7 versus Boston? What happened to that fight and intensity? Did making money change him? I don't think so. I think he is still hurt and I think the Flyers need to sit him if he is (and maybe sit him if he isn't).

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
No, we cannot trade our assets for a 41 year old...we need to be focusing on rebuilding, and THEN we should look for vets. I would not start with getting vets.

Yup, or addressing needs. Pmd , not dressing the dynamic duo. Adding 41 year olds is the old and dated Flyers way though, so who the **** knows.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

I applaud your optimism and I'm sure you will continue to live a healthy life but seriously your peter pan outlook is just over the top anymore....

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
So... El oh el to the posters who, before the season, vehemently argued that Meszaros was better than Gustaffson, and that Gustaffson was overrated by the rest of the fanbase.

Good: Hal Gill, Scott Hartnell
Bad:
Ugly: Giroux, Everyone else besides Meszaros
Horrifying: Andrej Meszaros

SgtJoseph*

He's still horrible though. But yes you're correct in the bigger scheme of things.

Its OBVIOUS he played terrible........Seems folks constantly blame the D when actually we do not give up a lot of goals for the most part.........We miss on great scoring chances pretty darn regular, chances the very same lads use to bury.......They are certainly GRIPPING to put it mildly...........i see a 10 goal game coming one of these days ! LOL

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Ever since the wrist injuries and surgeries Giroux has looked different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad