Speculation: Three Wings scouts at CGY/COL

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Come to think of it, has one of these reports about scouts being in attendance at a particular game ever actually resulted in a trade in the next few days?

Yes, all the time.

But only because scouts are constantly traveling and going to games. Since scouts are doing this all year, when a trade does happen, yeah - they were out there scouting.

Reactions: Ricelund

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I’d like to see

AA

for

Dube
Frolik as a cap dump

Wings get a solid young player for a guy who probably wasn’t happy here anyways. Flames get cap space to move in for Hall and a player that can plug in right now for some secondary scoring, rather than a future
I have a feeling Dillon Dube isn't available. He toe dragged MacKinnon and sprung Monahan for the winner. Might have shown a little too well in that 3x viewing.

I like the idea, though.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Come to think of it, has one of these reports about scouts being in attendance at a particular game ever actually resulted in a trade in the next few days?

Rarely, but you have to understand, that there will be 100 trade negotiations/scenarios for proably one completed trade.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Idk if this was also pointed out but Red Wings also had scouts at the Boston/Ottawa game.

Scouting the Ottawa Senators and Boston Bruins
Murray Pam: Scouts listed to attend last night’s Senators-Bruins game: Anaheim Ducks, Arizona Coyotes, Calgary Flames, Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings, Los Angeles Kings, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Tampa Bay Lightning, Vancouver Canucks, Vegas Golden Knights, and the Winnipeg Jets.

News and Rumors: Montgomery Fired, Scouting OTT-BOS and COL-CGY, Stars, and Maple Leafs - MyNHLTradeRumors.com

I suspect some moves to be made. Yzerman has already been willing to go out, look for and collect talent. Swings and misses so far with Beiga/Perlini/Erne but a solid hit with Fabbri, jury is out still with Comrie as a back up. I wouldn't be surprised to see a move involved AA before the deadline is over. Problem really is his value, imo, is falling weekly when he doesn't score and doesn't pose much of a threat behind Larkin.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Maybe I was in the dark but I didn't see a single rumor surrounding any of Yzermans trades so far with Detroit.
Not even a hint that maybe Detroit was looking to do something. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I think the scout thing here is grasping at straws.
All of the traded players (Perlini, Fabbri, Erne, and Biega) were healthy scratches so there wouldn't be any point in sending scouts. At the same time, the asking prices were really low for all of them.

Scouts at a game means Calgary is selling a roster player and wants value in return. Doesn't necessary mean something going to happen though, Yzerman supposedly went and scouted PoolParty.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Idk if this was also pointed out but Red Wings also had scouts at the Boston/Ottawa game.

Scouting the Ottawa Senators and Boston Bruins
Murray Pam: Scouts listed to attend last night’s Senators-Bruins game: Anaheim Ducks, Arizona Coyotes, Calgary Flames, Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings, Los Angeles Kings, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Tampa Bay Lightning, Vancouver Canucks, Vegas Golden Knights, and the Winnipeg Jets.

News and Rumors: Montgomery Fired, Scouting OTT-BOS and COL-CGY, Stars, and Maple Leafs - MyNHLTradeRumors.com

I suspect some moves to be made. Yzerman has already been willing to go out, look for and collect talent. Swings and misses so far with Beiga/Perlini/Erne but a solid hit with Fabbri, jury is out still with Comrie as a back up. I wouldn't be surprised to see a move involved AA before the deadline is over. Problem really is his value, imo, is falling weekly when he doesn't score and doesn't pose much of a threat behind Larkin.
Biega may not be good, but he was gotten for a player who likely won’t even play an AHL game again. That’s a win, as minor as it is. Same with Comrie.

Reactions: Henkka and Snuggs

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Scouts at a game means Calgary is selling a roster player and wants value in return. Doesn't necessary mean something going to happen though, Yzerman supposedly went and scouted PoolParty.

Frolik has scored now 2 of his season 3 goals in last 2 games.

I think he knows he is the target, some new fire under his ass.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Frolik has scored now 2 of his season 3 goals in last 2 games.

I think he knows he is the target, some new fire under his ass.
I just looked at CapFriendly, he's got a 10 team NTC, you'd have to figure that Detroit is on everyone's list.

He better light a fire under his own ass otherwise nobody will offer him a contract this offseason, he' 31 with an expiring contract.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Detroit would be just a train-station if he comes here.

His contract is a problem for contenders. But if we get him for an asset, and trade again after 2 months with 50% retention for a contender, then he'll get chance for a Cup run.

Yzerman just has to sell this plan for his agent. There's only options, not problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->