Speculation: Three Wings scouts at CGY/COL

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Wonder if the Flames could be doing some new things after a coaching change.

Like I called after last playoffs, that they should trade for Athanasiou, when the fans informed how they were lacking neutral zone speed..

Was there some Sam Bennett rumours lately?

Reactions: DInTheB

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Wings are gonna trade for Lucic but need to see another game of his before deciding whether to include Larkin or not

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Wonder if the Flames could be doing some new things after a coaching change.

Like I called after last playoffs, that they should trade for Athanasiou, when the fans informed how they were lacking neutral zone speed..
aa helps them now + theyve some d prospects we could use + im thinking maybe they could lose a d prospect in expansion if not traded + theyve a strong d already

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
AA for Brodie, waives mod. NTC & extended @ $4.9x5yrs...probably too old for us, but I'd do that. Cholo can go back to GR & learn defense, pair him w/Seider.

DDK-Hronek
Brodie-Green (Seider after TDL)
Nemeth-Wrath

Cholo-GR/1st callup

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not scouting for Bennett... guys is on LTIR.

CGY Lineup today:
Tkachuk-Lindholm-Mangiapane
Dube-Monahan-Backlund
Lucic-Ryan-Gaudreau
Rieder-Jankowski-Frolik

Giordano-Brodie
Hamonic-Hanifin
Kylington-Andersson

Rittich (Starter)
Talbot

They have Backlund playing wing... I wonder if we could be after a center?
With a cost of Athansiou. That 2nd line line is all-center line, Dube is natural center too.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
aa helps them now + theyve some d prospects we could use + im thinking maybe they could lose a d prospect in expansion if not traded + theyve a strong d already
It's a roster player trade, the scouts are at a Flames game, not their AHL affiliate.

No thanks on Bennett unless it's a cap dump and comes cheap.

I doubt they trade Brodie.

I'm betting any trade winds up involving Frolik as a cap dump .

Reactions: avssuc

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
It's a roster player trade, the scouts are at a Flames game, not their AHL affiliate.

No thanks on Bennett unless it's a cap dump and comes cheap.

I doubt they trade Brodie.

I'm betting any trade winds up involving Frolik as a cap dump .
i was wrongly terming rasmus and kylington prospects , dont know status of kalimaki . just knew that flames were deep at d prospects last year . and if moving say a rasmus it might help in the expansion draft . though im not sure how these 3 guys are currently ranked

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Not scouting for Bennett... guys is on LTIR.

CGY Lineup today:
Tkachuk-Lindholm-Mangiapane
Dube-Monahan-Backlund
Lucic-Ryan-Gaudreau
Rieder-Jankowski-Frolik

Giordano-Brodie
Hamonic-Hanifin
Kylington-Andersson

Rittich (Starter)
Talbot

They have Backlund playing wing... I wonder if we could be after a center?
With a cost of Athansiou. That 2nd line line is all-center line, Dube is natural center too.
Backlund's contract sucks, 4 more seasons at $5.35M, and he's 30 YO. That's the type of trade Holland would do. Doubt they trade Dube, he's young and cheap., they'd probably get rid of Ryan first.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nobody expected the trade for Fabbri. Why not Dube?

Another thing would be getting Frolik + incentive, and sending him to another team at deadline + getting another incentive. He is definitely a trade-deadline guy, like retended with 50%.

EDIT:

Frolik, not Kotalik. :D

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Could be and then Flames will pull a bigger one for Taylor Hall.

Our incentive should be future assets.
Frolik's salary is much lower than Hall's, they'd also have to add Ryan or Hamonic just to get enough cap space.

We give them Biega in return, lol.

I hope Stevie is considering cap dumps... this team could use more talent.

Reactions: avssuc

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Given Yzerman's other moves this year, Kylington seems like a logical guess. Former first round pick currently low on his team's depth chart. Friedman mentioned a couple weeks back that Kylington would be open to a move that would give him more opportunity to play.

Could be. Kylington has been on the ranks behind Välimäki, and Välimäki's season start was destroyed thanks to knee injury. Kylington has got the games from him and if Välimäki is returning (after 4 months sidelined) could now be the odd man out.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Nobody expected the trade for Fabbri. Why not Dube?
Fabbri was on a loaded team and a healthy scratch. Dube can still play in the AHL without going through waivers. Definitely not Dube.

Given Yzerman's other moves this year, Kylington seems like a logical guess. Former first round pick currently low on his team's depth chart. Friedman mentioned a couple weeks back that Kylington would be open to a move that would give him more opportunity to play.
Kylington might be the one, but he was #60 OA, 2nd rd. He is Swedish though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad