Post-Game Talk: Three Stars + Good, Bad, Ugly (Game 5)

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Kyrou
Edmundson
Steen

HM: Bozak, Barbashev, Schmaltz

Good: We didn't look completely lost in our zone. Powerplay is actually looking good. Kyrou looked much more confident this game.

Bad: Pietrangelo.

Ugly: Yeo.

Reactions: Bendak

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Schmaltz and Kyrou played great
Steen and Tarasenko were active

Good: One step closer to a coaching change

Bad: The coach hasn't been changed

Ugly: Were shitting points away

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2018-2019 Blues!!!

nvrmnd.gif

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Good: Kyrou played 15 minutes and really played well his last two shifts. Hopefully he can build off of those. I thought Barbashev played pretty well tonight too. Dunn and Schmaltz actually both got to play. Tarasenko made a few plays too.

Bad: Giving up another third period lead. Pietrangelo suffering the effects of having triplets at home. Bort got injured. We generated basically no offense until the last 5 minutes of the third period.

Ugly: 1-2-2 with 4 of those games at home. 10% of our home games are done and we have 1 win. Mike Yeo is still our head coach, Jake Allen is still our starting goalie, Maroon was out there with the game on the line in the third period.

Tarasenko
Kyrou
Barbashev

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Kyrou
Tarasenko
Edmundson

Good: Kyrou played well, Edmunson and Tarasenko played well, liked Johnson in net.

Bad: Pietrangelo is messed up, maybe it's being a father, or maybe he's regressing, who knows.

Ugly: Yeo is still our coach and the Blues look dead inside under him.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Surprised by the amount of Kyrou in this thread. He had that fantastic pass in the third but I thought he was pretty non-existent otherwise. Frankly, I thought Blais had a much better game.

Tarasenko
Schenn
Steen

HM: Blais, Edmundson, Johnson, Bozak, Barbashev.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Surprised by the amount of Kyrou in this thread. He had that fantastic pass in the third but I thought he was pretty non-existent otherwise. Frankly, I thought Blais had a much better game.

Tarasenko
Schenn
Steen

HM: Blais, Edmundson, Johnson, Bozak, Barbashev.
First two periods Kyrou was invisible. In the third he really started to take off and had two incredible shifts to end it. In a game like that where we had so few scoring chances it doesn’t take much to stand out.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
First two periods Kyrou was invisible. In the third he really started to take off and had two incredible shifts to end it. In a game like that where we had so few scoring chances it doesn’t take much to stand out.
He did play better as the game went along and had 1 or 2 good shifts in the third. Fair point about not being difficult to stand out, but still think he’s getting way too much credit for 1 flashy play.

That might’ve been Blais’ best game in the NHL so far. Thought he had a much better game all around...guess I shouldn’t be surprised that Kyrou is getting so much love tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->