Post-Game Talk: Three Stars + Good, Bad, Ugly (Game 3)

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Good: Goaltending was pretty good tonight. Kyrou and Thomas with their first NHL points, and they were big ones for the Blues, IMO. Second line looked really good tonight. Special teams were a plus.

Bad: First line, third pairing. Early important contributions from Thomas and Kyrou weren't rewarded.

Ugly: Defensive zone structure.

1st: Perron
2nd: Edmundson
3rd: Schenn

Season Totals (3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, etc.):
ROR - 6
Tarasenko - 2
Thomas - 2
Schmaltz - 1
Maroon - 1

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Good:Most of the forwards had string games. Jake was great on that 5 on 3. Schwartz and Schenn connection is still sick. DP57 hatty. Edmundson was stellar all night. Great start to the game.

Bad:First goal on Allen. Third period in general. Mike Yeo’s failure to reward good play from the young guys.

Ugly:Jerebek found a way to be on the ice for all three goals against and none of the goals for while only playing 7 minutes. I don’t care much about plus/minus but when you’re a big negative while playing extremely sheltered minutes that’s obviously not good. Can we have Vince Dunn back? I’d be fine losing Jerabek to waivers when Gunnar returns.

1:Perron
2:Eddy
3:Schenn

Reactions: simon IC

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Perron
Schenn
Edmundson

Good: Scoring. Allen played decent. Thomas is sick. ROR is amazing. Love Perron with Schwartz and Schenn.

Bad: Jerbaek was pretty awful and Bortuzzo looked off the whole night. Still no ice time for Kyrou and Thomas.

Ugly: Still need to fix the defensive zone structure and coverage. It's just not right to see defensemen chasing the forwards to the blueline.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Perron
Edmundson
Schenn

HM: Allen, Steen, Barbashev

I am sick of seeing Bortuzzo play over Schmaltz. Our bottom pairing was a mess tonight. I cannot believe that Dunn - Schmaltz would not be a better pairing. :rant:

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
1. Perron
2. Edmundson
3. Schenn

Good: We played better defensively. Still not quite where I'd like us to be, but it's definitely an improvement from the last 2 games. Allen looked solid. Edmundson looks like he's in mid-season form. Steen and Schenn weren't garbage. Tarasenko was getting a lot of chances despite not scoring.

Bad: We let up a bit in the third and let the Flames score a few. We need to finish the game stronger.

Ugly: Yeo.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Perron
Allen
Eddy

Good: Perron brought the Schwartz-Schenn to life
Bad: Letting Calgary back into the game in the 3rd
Ugly: TOI management by Yeo

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Ugly-Bortuzzo and Jerabeck should not be in the NHL. Maybe Bortuzzo as a 7th D. No way in hell Dunn and Schmaltz aren't better options.

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
Good: Goaltending was pretty good tonight. Kyrou and Thomas with their first NHL points, and they were big ones for the Blues, IMO. Second line looked really good tonight. Special teams were a plus.

Bad: First line, third pairing. Early important contributions from Thomas and Kyrou weren't rewarded.

Ugly: Defensive zone structure.

1st: Perron
2nd: Edmundson
3rd: Schenn

Season Totals (3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, etc.):
ROR - 6
Tarasenko - 2
Thomas - 2
Schmaltz - 1
Maroon - 1

Agree with all but the 1st line as bad, I thought they played really well they didn't score but had good chances and look to be getting better and better its only a goal away I think from them breaking out.

Third Pairing should never happen again... plain and simple..

and I will scream to the heavens above about the kids playing time until they get more.. Kyrou should have had way more.. just let them play if they are the future this is one thing I hate about both the Blues and Cards they shelter there kids to much.. If you believe in them as Army says then play them stop holding them back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad