Three shootout wins and one with 20 seconds left

JoeSakic

Aug 15, 2006
Hard on the heart...but fun indeed.

Never have I been more proud of this team.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I thought we won on an empty net against the Islanders?

Did we not?

EDIT: whoops, topic name corrected

I suppose it could have happened if we led by a goal and they pulled their goalie then we scored to go up by 2 and after that they scored and we won. So we won by an empty net goal. I'm not saying it did or did not happen I just don't remember. :)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I suppose it could have happened if we led by a goal and they pulled their goalie then we scored to go up by 2 and after that they scored and we won. So we won by an empty net goal. I'm not saying it did or did not happen I just don't remember. :)

It was a late goal but it wasn't an empty net it seems

Last year all over again. Instead of coming back, we are going to the wire.

I was in Australia from January to July so I did miss some epic stuff; I did stream the playofffs though

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
I didn't think I could be more proud of our guys after last year, but that was clearly wrong. This team has a ton of heart and seems to thrive with the adversity.

Currently 7th in Point% in the league. Unreal.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
We came back so many times last year. I don't think we have the scoring power to make comebacks from 3 goal down. But we're still the pesky Sens, trolling the NHL...

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Because of the great goaltending and losing so many offensive players, this team is more likely to hang around keeping games within reach and then scoring an opportune goal to get points. New Jersey successfully patented this style.

darglor

Feb 17, 2012
Last year they were the Cardiac Kids because they kept mounting comebacks in the third. This year, it's because of the shootouts every other game.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Not only are we winning low-scoring games in regulation, but our shootout wins are extra-round 2-goal shootouts. Not a lot of scoring.

I agree with what Nyquil said in another thread, previous winning streaks' ends were harkened by winning a game or two that we didn't deserve to win as our level of play tapered off.

I just hope the road trip helps the kids regain their high-tempo play, and they start getting goals from Alfie, Zibby, Silfvy, Regin...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What's funny is that Cam Ward won a game against us where he made 47 saves.

So I figure this Bishop thing is karma.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->