U16: Three Nations Tournament in Nový Jičín & Kopřivnice, Czechia (7-11 February)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Was supposed to be a four nations, but I guess Slovakia has something else planned?

Changes for Sweden from Finnkampen:

Removed
Goos

Grahn
Färhammar
Wahlund

Philip Larsson
Jennersjö
Elias Eriksson
Sundqvist

Added
Forsberg

Hallin
Boumedienne
Holmgren

Liam Andersson
Bräutigam
Krantz
Morin

Boumedienne is obviously the big name, but will be fun to see Forsberg too.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Was supposed to be a four nations, but I guess Slovakia has something else planned?

Changes for Sweden from Finnkampen:

Removed
Goos

Grahn
Färhammar
Wahlund

Philip Larsson
Jennersjö
Elias Eriksson
Sundqvist

Added
Forsberg

Hallin
Boumedienne
Holmgren

Liam Andersson
Bräutigam
Krantz
Morin

Boumedienne is obviously the big name, but will be fun to see Forsberg too.
Probably not, I'm almost certain that this schedule was there a long time ago, or rather that Slovakia was not there.. Everyone plays everyone twice..

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Czechia rosrer:
1674916656551.png

Not bad.
It is noteworthy that such players as Pšenička, Raichl, Kucharčík, Krčál, Netušil, Nestrašil, Rybnikár, D. Kos who were noisy until recently, were left behind, while it cannot be said that these players have slowed down...

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finns

Goalies:
1 Kerkola Patrik, KalPa Kuopio
30 Sammalniemi Jooa, Lukko Rauma

Defenders:
2 Ervasti Alvar, Kärpät Oulu
3 Kotajärvi Jesper, Hermes Kokkola
4 Paju Aaron, TPS Turku
5 Ruotsalainen Veeti, Kärpät Oulu
6 Saari Julius, Jokerit Helsinki
7 Sippola Ossi, Kiekko-Vantaa
8 Uusitalo Erno, Kiekko-Espoo

Forwards:
9 Aaltonen Johannes, Kiekko-Espoo
10 Joki Atte, Tappara Tampere
11 Kämäräinen Rasmus, Jokerit Helsinki
12 Mattila Urho, Kärpät Oulu
13 Mensonen Jasu, Lukko Rauma
14 Orpana Eetu, Tappara Tampere
15 Pakarinen Rasmus, KalPa Kuopio
16 Pietiläinen Onni, KooKoo Kouvola
17 Rajala Joonas, Tappara Tampere
18 Somervuori Jere, HIFK Helsinki
19 Strömberg Benjamin, Jokerit Helsinki
20 Virtanen Jeremi, TPS Turku
21 Westergård Max, Lukko Rauma

some notables imo missing: Baggström, Björkenheim, Katavisto, Jussila, Lamponen, Kuusikoski

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Why Slovakia has not been invited? We have been 2nd at last tournament with Czechia, Finland, Germany and Switzerland on place.
Our 2007 class is evenly (if not higher) rated to 2004.

Ok, they failed 3 times against Czechs (could also beat them once) but they were all even games.

Reactions: Czechboy

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Ekberg - Gästrin - Ihs Wozniak
Novotny - Krantz - Laksonen
Frondell - Sonestedt - Morin
Klingsell - Styf - Bräutigam

Sjöström - Annborn
Sascha - Lindgren
Dahlqvist - Holmgren

Härenstam

czech

Feb 23, 2009
It is noteworthy that former Slovaks (Bartovič and Rybnikar) scored points in the Czech team.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
It is also interesting that both teams that played in this match included a hockey player named Novotny.
Melvin Novotny's father is Slovak as of origin, he is silver medalist in judo from the European Championships in 2005 in Rotterdam. Are we loosing another interesting prospect or is he eligible to play for Slovakia?

Reactions: czech

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Melvin Novotny's father is Slovak as of origin, he is silver medalist in judo from the European Championships in 2005 in Rotterdam. Are we loosing another interesting prospect or is he eligible to play for Slovakia?
Would need to spend 2 continuous seasons playing in Slovakia if he ever would want to rep them(add 2 seasons to that if he makes a Swedish team that plays in an IIHF sanctioned event). Far-fetched, that is.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Not a lot to like about Swedens performance so far. Lack of skill among the defensemen and I was hoping the best forwards would stand out way more at this level.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Not a lot to like about Swedens performance so far. Lack of skill among the defensemen and I was hoping the best forwards would stand out way more at this level.
I mean, there is no real team play either. You can see flashes of skill with certain forwards.. but yeah, there is little smartness, structure etc. The team has some work to do... in order to live up to the hype. Haven't been really impressed by any of the newcomers (since Dec "finnkamp") either.

(The 06 group were absolutely CRAP in Finnkampen last year, but if I recall, stepped it up in the following tournament at least)

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I mean, there is no real team play either. You can see flashes of skill with certain forwards.. but yeah, there is little smartness, structure etc. The team has some work to do... in order to live up to the hype. Haven't been really impressed by any of the newcomers (since Dec "finnkamp") either.

(The 06 group were absolutely CRAP in Finnkampen last year, but if I recall, stepped it up in the following tournament at least)
Sweden is losing after two periods today, but otherwise they are clearly the better team. Individual technique, game organization, everything is better than the opponent. Unfortunately for me.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Sweden is losing after two periods today, but otherwise they are clearly the better team. Individual technique, game organization, everything is better than the opponent. Unfortunately for me.
Czechs aren't playing well, but they looked good in the previous two games. Considering they are missing like five quality forwards, I am surprised the games have been this close in the first place.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Czechs aren't playing well, but they looked good in the previous two games. Considering they are missing like five quality forwards, I am surprised the games have been this close in the first place.
I didn't see the whole last games, they were just bits and pieces, but I also thought we played better. I watched the whole thing today and was really disappointed. But the absence of five players in the attack is noticeable, that's a fact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad