Three Montreal Canadiens X-Factors for Round 2

babblemoth

my heart and I agree
Mar 7, 2010
ON
Each team has their x-factors who they need to step up and help carry the team. Here’s a closer look at the Montreal Canadiens x-factors in their second round series vs Tampa Bay

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/05/three-montreal-canadiens-x-factors-round-2/

Their offense is a glaring issue to me. Maybe they get through this round, but they need to find a scoring groove if they advance and come up against the stronger teams.

Sure, they had shots tonight and Bishop made some solid saves, but I don't think they had an abundance of high quality shots. Their power play should be good, I think, being anchored by Markov and Subban, but that's not even clicking.

Call me a skeptic. Price can only do so much.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Their offense is a glaring issue to me. Maybe they get through this round, but they need to find a scoring groove if they advance and come up against the stronger teams.

Sure, they had shots tonight and Bishop made some solid saves, but I don't think they had an abundance of high quality shots. Their power play should be good, I think, being anchored by Markov and Subban, but that's not even clicking.

Call me a skeptic. Price can only do so much.

WE OUTPLAYED THEM

Bishop made 3-4 great saves, one of them might have been the save of the playoffs thus far next to Mrazek's. Price was very solid as usual (nice save on the break) but he wasn't tested to the extent Bishop was.

Champ10

Aug 9, 2014
So the X-factors are the forwards, the defense and the goaltender. Fascinating article.

Dallas Eakins*

So far it's been Gallagher and Subban from here it's whoever else injures the other teams best player in game one.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
2 posts, a goal line, an early whistle, a huge stack the pads save by Bishop, and multiple fanned shots on grade A opportunities... This game would have been very different. It wasn't though and we are still down 1-0.

We need to come out next game and do the exact same thing, but bury at least half of the Grade A chances we got this game.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...as I see it, the "X-Factor" is sustained offensive pressure, which the Habs seemingly just don't do at all...there is no offensive creativity to their game, no sustained pressure, no productive cycle in the O-Zone; everything is one-and-done chances and netfront scrums...a complete lack of any fathomable offensive system is the Habs main issue and has been for a couple of years now...that's on the coaching staff...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad