OT: Three Cheers For Hall & Maroon... (New Jersey Makes The Playoffs) MOD Warning in OP

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Thought it would be good to have a thread to discuss/cheer on Hall & Maroon during the playoffs.

MOD-There is nothing wrong with this topic IF it is used to follow Hall and Maroon in the playoffs. However it took all of 2 posts before the Chia bashing and ****storm started up. I will not waste time on cleaning up this thread, if it is derailed into "whaaaa we never should've traded Hall, **** you Chia" etc. this thread will be history. Last that I checked there is a Fire Chia thread as well as a why Hall was traded thread , we don't need 3 threads about a former player on the main page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Definitely will be watching Game 1 for Hall. Happy for him.

Hope NJ plays Pittsburgh.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Hooray Maroon! Love the guy and hope we sign him in the offseason.

I doubt he will. He's fit in well on Jersey and they have more cap space than the Oilers do. If he goes to a team for less, he goes to St. Louis to be near his son.

This is why I was against the trade. Before, we were the only team that could negotiate with him; now, he's likely gone for good. At least we have a 3rd round pick a year from now and random no-name college prospect.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Congrats to Hall, he was the guy that played the hardest on the Oilers when the times were the darkest, he deserves to be in the playoffs.

Good for Patty too. Good guy, good player.

Special tip of the hat to the Sedins, heckuva game.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hall deserves the Hart. If Colorado manages to eek into the playoffs he still deserves t over MacKinnon IMO.

MacK has gone dry down the stretch run whereas Hall went into beast mode, MacK also plays with more talent with Rantanen having a 80+ point season and Barrie having the highest PPG for a D-Man in the league (70 point pace).

Reactions: McAsuno

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I actually wish Hall was on the Oilers, but I also wish he showed a little more his last 2 years here. First year in Jersey wasn't great either.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
McDavid deserves the HART. I questions peoples eyes and hockey intelligence that think McDavid is not an MVP.

HERP DERP. No Playoffs. over 46% in on goals. Greatest ES season since 2000 with Sedin.

Herp Derppp. No playoffs!!!

*We can't read the rules of an MVP*

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I seriously question the day to day intelligence of these hockey writers whi publically go against the definition of the hart and say McDavid is out.

I wish I could quantitatively measure how their neurons work and fire off to even use their fingers on twitter to say that.

FACE PALM

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
McDavid deserves the HART. I questions peoples eyes and hockey intelligence that think McDavid is not an MVP.

HERP DERP. No Playoffs. over 46% in on goals. Greatest ES season since 2000 with Sedin.

Herp Derppp. No playoffs!!!

*We can't read the rules of an MVP*

Not really, I want McDavid to win the Hart too.. but history has shown that playoffs matters in order to win the award which is indeed unfortunate.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Not really, I want McDavid to win the Hart too.. but history has shown that playoffs matters in order to win the award which is indeed unfortunate.
I agree about history. I am not talking about that. We can all agree that other people do not understand the meaning of a Hart.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
McDavid is the best player in the league. With that being said he does not deserve the Hart.
The Hart goes to the players judged most valuable to his team.
Without McDavid the Oilers go from a bottom10 team to a bottom3 team.
Without Hall the Devil's go from a playoff team to a bottom 5 team.

Again, McDavid is the best player in the league. Replace him with Hall and he would do even better. But that's not the meaning of the Hart trophy.
(McDavid should win the Pearson)

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
McDavid is the best player in the league. With that being said he does not deserve the Hart.
The Hart goes to the players judged most valuable to his team.
Without McDavid the Oilers go from a bottom10 team to a bottom3 team.
Without Hall the Devil's go from a playoff team to a bottom 5 team.

Again, McDavid is the best player in the league. Replace him with Hall and he would do even better. But that's not the meaning of the Hart trophy.
(McDavid should win the Pearson)

So what you are saying is that support players play a MASSIVE role in a guys career?

SMH

Is this chubby chin Friedman?

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I don't at all, because this would throw smoke on how absolutely incompetent Chia is. I hope the Devils have a ton of success. What a transformation of a club by a generational player. Getting Maroon is just gravy.
Hall is great. And having an amazing year. But "generational" can't just be thrown out like that. Generational by definition should mean "once in a generation". Hall is a top LW in the world but he is not generational. Let's not water down the word.
Yes, I know I'm debating semantics, but I get just as mad when Leafs fans call Matthews 'generational'.
McDavid is this generation's "generational" player. That's it.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If you guys want this as an OT thread then cut the BS Chia and Oilers bashing. In the meantime this thread is closed.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Back open, read the OP as I won't be bothered with deleting posts or thread bans if this thread goes to hell in a hand basket it is being closed and/or deleted.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Really happy for Taylor. I was worried his contract would expire with out him tasting the post season. I'm hoping for a NJ v Tampa Eastern finals.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Really happy for Taylor. I was worried his contract would expire with out him tasting the post season. I'm hoping for a NJ v Tampa Eastern finals.
I was also worried, especially last season. Nothing went right for Jersey, and Hall was great but on a bad team he didn't stand out unless you followed hockey very closely. Hall was a great competitor for this team and I wanted him to be captain, so I love that he's in the playoffs now. I'm not going to be a closet Devils fan though. Maybe I'll cheer for them this playoffs but that's it.

As for Maroon, he was good and I liked him too, but it's not the same.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Honestly, I couldn't care less that they made the playoffs. Was never a Hall fan and freely admit that. Maroon seems like a nice guy so I wish him luck.

Will only cheer for Jersey if they are playing against Philly or Crosby.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Good for Hall, but I hope they lose 1st round. It will take out the internet trolls and twitter trolls that remind us over and over and over and over and over and over again about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->