OT: Three Cheers For Garret9

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I apologize if I offended you and made your experience here less enriching. I mean that sincerely.

I tend to save my barbs for those that are on this board enough to know my schtick...

And certainly 99.999999999999999999999 percent of us are not as talented as Garret and thus my sarcasm on Garret (which openly suggests anything poking at him is certainly not true) and my self-effacement against myself in the same post and congratulating him whole heartedly would confirm that absolutely. I wish I was young like him and could do what he does.... I am no slouch in my chosen profession, so don't cry for me...

You mentioned Gin' in follow-up posts... Gin' is worthy of mention as a uber-solid contributor here... Gin' and I have had our run in's over the years here and he knows I shifted away from serious posting on prospects, to injecting humor (though biting and/or obtuse) as I used to take these boards seriously and wrote for Hockeysfuture years ago and I know how hard it is to contribute serious stuff and be out there and get flamed constantly... so Gin' and Garret know this...

My mocking Garret was a compliment. The best compliment I can imagine I can give being my persona on this board. I think Garret knows that of me, I have never disparaged him ever about any of his posts.

Again. Sorry if I offended you. Good on you to defend Garret if you missed my obtuse meaning in that post - which was, guys in the hockey dressing rooms here in Canada like to shoot barbs at each other... it is a childish long time tradition to say "you belong, you are worthy". Garret is worthy and he has a demonstrated sense of humor. :handclap:

My post wasn't at all aimed towards yours :) It just happend to be there. Don't worry!!! Nobody particular is making my "experience here worse" lately, it's just a general shift of things that make me come here less. I don't hold it against anyone, it's just what happens - nothing stays the way it used to be. I can accept that. But it's nice to see that you're self-reflecting to a grade, that you think you might have offended me. I appreciate that :)

But this thread isn't about me. Back to topic: Yay garret, yay! :handclap:

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Garret - will you be helping your new organization with the upcoming draft by providing stats?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Garret - will you be helping your new organization with the upcoming draft by providing stats?

I believe he is not working exclusively for any one organization. We know about one of them because they chose to make it public, although what they made public has nothing to do with the draft.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
My post wasn't at all aimed towards yours :) It just happend to be there. Don't worry!!! Nobody particular is making my "experience here worse" lately, it's just a general shift of things that make me come here less. I don't hold it against anyone, it's just what happens - nothing stays the way it used to be. I can accept that. But it's nice to see that you're self-reflecting to a grade, that you think you might have offended me. I appreciate that :)

But this thread isn't about me. Back to topic: Yay garret, yay! :handclap:

Thanks back.

And yes... Yay Garret !!! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad