OT: Three Cheers For Garret9

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
congrats garret, so stoked for your business to be taking off! I will miss our Vulcan mind melds of years past, Though you got too smart for me anyways and I can't keep up anymore :P

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Mr. Garrett I often thought your stats narrative was over the top at times, but I have to give credit when its due and today you deserve a boatload.

I started a new job today myself, it was exciting.... not as impressive as yours though.

Best of luck to you.

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Congrats with the success :handclap: The Caps lucked out!

Does that mean no more Pilots logbook on Jets Nation? Was really looking forward to seeing our top 6 forwards and JoMo :cry: My eye test says they were the best to ever play in the league ;)

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Congrats with the success :handclap: The Caps lucked out!

Does that mean no more Pilots logbook on Jets Nation? Was really looking forward to seeing our top 6 forwards and JoMo :cry: My eye test says they were the best to ever play in the league ;)

I'm finishing PL series and then doing pieces on the following prospects for Canucks Army pre-draft series:
Foote, Hague, Heisk, Lily, Timmins, Vaakanainen, and Valimaki.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Congrats Garret, seems well deserved from my perspective. Go forth and conquer!

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
The Caps?! Good riddance!!! :naughty:

Kidding, it's cool to see something like this happen. You deserve it garret, always enjoyed your posts and analysis. Cool to see how far you've already come and to get a glimpse of where you're going.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Huge congratulations Garret! Been a pleasure to read your posts here for many years. You do great work.

You will do great with Washington.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I remember my first interaction with Garret back in 2012.

My point had been that hockey was too fluid a sport to be analyzed at the degree he claimed to be capable of doing. I felt that until technology allowed video to be broken down & dissected, that there was no way hockey could be analyzed at the level of baseball.

Little did I know that was exactly what he was preparing his company to do.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Best wishes Garett
50% of us at Winnipeg Jets HF are below average.
But 95% of us will miss your insights.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What happened with Garret ?

Is he the replacement for Lawless ?

Is he recalled for possible fraud related to Non-Prof Trust funds... ? aka made up math and charts... probability maybe high... :sarcasm:

Is he posing as Richard Simmons apologizing to the public for his public absence.... ?

Is he moving out of his basement... :sarcasm: ?

Are his parents excited by this development... :sarcasm: ?

Will I have more time to make irrelevant, graphic, dynamic posts because he isn't clogging up the bandwidth of my forums with his relevant, factual data ?

Congrats G'....

My jealous redacted mind applauds you... good luck with your future...

Whatever the F...in that is...:sarcasm:;) :handclap: :yo:

wile-e-coyote-says-hi13.jpg

;)

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
So that would leave 4 posters in here that you consider worth reading. Just curious, who are the other 3? ;)

Romang, ps and Gin <3 Typing that out, I realize I don't have Gin on facebook. We should do something about that Gin!

Just kidding. Garret's impact on my hockey knowledge is just out of this world so his contribution alone was easily worth 20% of my interest in HFJets.

When I wrote for the most known german hockey magazine, I did a small series about "fancy stats taking over the NHL". 100% based on what I learned from him :laugh: I even did an interview in the magazine with him in German. I informed my former chief editor about him getting hired by the Caps - just in case they want to take reference on "the guy they interviewed about the way game analysis changes who is now part of the Washington Capitals" or something like that.

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
HFJets easily got 20% less attractive to me by that. Not even kidding.

I apologize if I offended you and made your experience here less enriching. I mean that sincerely.

I tend to save my barbs for those that are on this board enough to know my schtick...

And certainly 99.999999999999999999999 percent of us are not as talented as Garret and thus my sarcasm on Garret (which openly suggests anything poking at him is certainly not true) and my self-effacement against myself in the same post and congratulating him whole heartedly would confirm that absolutely. I wish I was young like him and could do what he does.... I am no slouch in my chosen profession, so don't cry for me...

You mentioned Gin' in follow-up posts... Gin' is worthy of mention as a uber-solid contributor here... Gin' and I have had our run in's over the years here and he knows I shifted away from serious posting on prospects, to injecting humor (though biting and/or obtuse) as I used to take these boards seriously and wrote for Hockeysfuture years ago and I know how hard it is to contribute serious stuff and be out there and get flamed constantly... so Gin' and Garret know this...

My mocking Garret was a compliment. The best compliment I can imagine I can give being my persona on this board. I think Garret knows that of me, I have never disparaged him ever about any of his posts.

Again. Sorry if I offended you. Good on you to defend Garret if you missed my obtuse meaning in that post - which was, guys in the hockey dressing rooms here in Canada like to shoot barbs at each other... it is a childish long time tradition to say "you belong, you are worthy". Garret is worthy and he has a demonstrated sense of humor. :handclap:

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Wow, congratulations Garret!! Best of luck, and thanks for all the hard work you've done around here.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Best wishes Garett
50% of us at Winnipeg Jets HF are below average.
But 95% of us will miss your insights.

I'm not sure it's a normal distribution, so I doubt that only 50% are below average, especially if Garret skews the average.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
If anyone can pull that cursed organization out of it's misery, it's you. Hit 'em with the numbers, the truth always stings as we all found out one way or another on here!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad