Three changes to USA's Olympic team?

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
If the Olympics were held today and you could make three changes to Team USA's roster (but ONLY three) what would they be?

I'd leave the goalies alone, they're still our three best. There are several guys I wouldn't mind replacing (EJ, Malone for example) but if I had to make three changes it'd be:

Whitney for Yandle

Gleason for Byflugien (although Gleason did have a good tournament)

Dubinsky for Drury

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
outside of Whitney for Yandle, not sure what else I would do.

Drury is just a warrior and come playoff/Olympic time, I guess the dude should always have a spot as long as he can go. his penalty killing was priceless.

I would think Dubinsky would get the edge over Drury this year as Drury had a down year injury wise, and Langenbrunner has been bad as well....I guess maybe Drew Stafford over Langenbrunner would be a thought, but Langenbrunner brings that leadership along with Drury that we didnt have much of..

so not sure if I would really change a thing besides Yandle, and that is impressive if you ask me.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
If we were just making changes in hindsight I'd only make one for sure and that would be Yandle in for Whitney. Another change I'd make would be to smack Ron Wilson upside the head and play Bobby Ryan more.

If the Olympics were starting tomorrow, as you indicate in your hypothetical, my three changes would be:

1. Keith Yandle in for Ryan Whitney.
2. R.J. Umberger in for Ryan Malone.
3. Brandon Dubinsky in for Chris Drury.

If Drury was healthy, I'd sub Dubinsky in for Langenbrunner.

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yeah I was going for the hypothetical "if the Olympics were held today and you could only make 3 changes."

You really would rather work Umberger into the mix over Buff? Interesting, but can't argue too much. Gleason would be the guy I'd cut for Buff, but Gleason played quite well.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Yeah I was going for the hypothetical "if the Olympics were held today and you could only make 3 changes."

You really would rather work Umberger into the mix over Buff? Interesting, but can't argue too much. Gleason would be the guy I'd cut for Buff, but Gleason played quite well.

I have only seen a handful of Atlanta games at best this year so I don't really have a lot of insight into how Buff's handled the defensive side of his game this year. His offensive stats speak for themselves though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->