Arizona (Phoenix) Coyotes 1996-2024

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Sedins last home game was also against the Coyotes. Classy group shook the Sedins hands, although they didn't really have to do it, since their real last game were against the Oilers who also did the classy thing of shaking the SEdins hands, but yea.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Have some somewhat fond memories of the Yotes in their early days in the 90's when they had Roenick , Tkachuk and Khabibulin in net. They weren't a contender but a playoff team in the first 4 years of existence.

And of course there's Darian Hatcher obliterating Roenicks jaw in retaliation of a dirty hit from Roenick on Modano.

Shame it was mostly downhill from there. Under Tippett they had some decent years but even when they made the WCF the team didn't really work in Glendale.

Last edited:

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
I went to probably 5 games or so in Glendale, the last one was in January 2019 against the Sharks. I really liked the Coyotes and enjoyed the fans and watching games there was always something special. I will absolutely miss them. What a shame.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I bet 90% of the fans who will be stopping by with sympathetic comments are the same ones who have been shitting on Arizona for years and constantly reminding everyone why they should be relocated lol
RIP Coyotes fans. I mean, I shit on the Coyotes but I never said they should be relocated at least.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Always kind of cheered for them since they were the original Jets
Sad to see them leave Arizona now but they at least had some cool moments there

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Didn't hate them as much as the Avalanche, but always disliked them because Canada lost another team.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
This is gonna be an useless trivia tidbit (I would wager it's not been done before):
Aku Räty played his first career game and scored his first career point in the last game of a team's existence.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The Coyotes played 28 seasons in the NHL surpassing the North Stars 26-year run in Bloomington. MN.

Gary Bettman got very bad advice from Bulls/White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf that Glendale was the best move.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
I am much sadder than I thought I would be. But the team had no future in Arizona, seems like everything they try to do fails and the population does not care about having them anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad