Arizona (Phoenix) Coyotes 1996-2024

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I don't know if this is a thread that really can be separate from the sale thread, but I think it would be a nice gesture. While I wasn't a coyotes fan, I always had a soft spot for the underdog, always wanted them to succeed in some form. Sadly, just could never do it. Some great players and memories there.

Let's have a thread where we can remember them.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Theyve felt like a dark spot on the NHL for basically their entire stay. Theyve been bad, theyve cheated and had picks taken away, theyve played in a 5k attendence arena, always had rumours surrounding them about leaving.
Nothing against their fans or the players though, they dont deserve this.

Last edited:

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Feel bad for the fans for sure but with all due respect to them i'm glad to be done with all the drama constantly surrounding that franchise......On top of that i always found them to be kind of a boring franchise for some reason.......Going to Utah will be a breath of fresh air even though i wish they were going to a Canadian market........

Again this isn't meat to be rude to any of their fans, just my honest thoughts on it .....

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
On top of that i always found them to be kind of a boring franchise for some reason.......
I'm guessing the owners over the years just didn't put much money into building competitive teams. They were a pretty solid team when they arrived, Roenick, Tkachuk, Kris King, Mike Gartner, Khabibulin in net.

I know what you mean though, there are some teams out there who just seem to never really build an identity. Columbus and to a lesser extent Minnesota come to my mind. Minnesota has at least had playoff success. Columbus, not a whole lot. Also not many star players.

Reactions: Gjman2019

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
4x.webp
:coyotes2

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
Very sad to watch the end of a franchise. Hopefully the Arizona Coyotes will be resurrected the the phoenix and howl again real soon.

Reactions: Summer Rose

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I travelled down there with my dad and went to three games in the basketball arena in 2001. They were my first nhl games. Man...almost forgot about that. It was a good atmosphere. I kinda cheered against them every game, although the teams they played were all teams I liked.

I wish their fans had experienced better things more often. One playoff run is not enough. They must have just started to expect to suck and that is no way to promote a team.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Best logo and jersey potential in the league. I say potential because they never quite got it perfect. Had they combined the best elements from like 3-4 jerseys it would have been the best in all of sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad