OT: Thread About Nothing 212….wishing it was 2112

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
as did @Emperoreddy …ill check it out

edit: im hearing influences of pink floyd's sheep, kraftwerk and new order in that one

My youngest had to read Animal Farm again. This time for his honors English class. His essay will be about the different interpretations offered by Pink Floyd/Waters and George Harrison in their respective music.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
all beatles are equal, but some are more equal than others

That's actually a good point. My impression was George's Piggies simply addressed the transmogrification of the pigs into people to the point that they actually believe it and resort to cannibalism in a cavalier manner. It never dawned on me (or him) that the pigs eating the bacon were Paul and John. I'll have to mention that to him and see if it resonates with him. He's got very definite ideas about it and I bet he'll like this one. Thanks so much for sharing that.....

Reactions: MartyOwns

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
This is insanely old. For comparison's sake, the Merrimack (Virginia) and Monitor had not even been planned yet, let alone built.

years ago i built small scale boats for joke races on the creek/river and named the two boats after them…i know the story of the battle

a tuna can floating on water :laugh:

Reactions: My3Sons

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
That's actually a good point. My impression was George's Piggies simply addressed the transmogrification of the pigs into people to the point that they actually believe it and resort to cannibalism in a cavalier manner. It never dawned on me (or him) that the pigs eating the bacon were Paul and John. I'll have to mention that to him and see if it resonates with him. He's got very definite ideas about it and I bet he'll like this one. Thanks so much for sharing that.....

i only realized a month ago that beezus (in beezus and ramona) represented jesus...despite the obvious name rhyming.

LavishFluffyHapuka-size_restricted.gif

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
This is insanely old. For comparison's sake, the Merrimack (Virginia) and Monitor had not even been planned yet, let alone built.

…double reply….. the guitarist in my band (on hiatus) used to have two cats……cleverly named Phobos and Deimos …

….so i wrote a song about them in two official languages, well, cause there's two…..

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
OK, here's another odd one. Steve Miller with McCartney on drums and possibly with bass overdubs and guitar overdubs and maybe some backing vocals. Listen to the early riffs in the song. It was definitely recycled into Fly Like an Eagle. I'm curious if that was Miller's riff or Paul's? Miller and McCartney seem like an odd couple but the story goes that Paul walked into the Miller session at Abbey Road after the other Beatles walked out after an argument. At this point in the Get Back/Let It Be sessions I could see it.

credited as Paul Ramon, which was the inspiration for the band name The Ramones

it doesn't have to be complicated to sound good

Last edited:

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I wanted it to be real!

124f5a4b5e0b31add002cd1f989eb5fd.jpg
I love astronomy, when i was 16 I came home one night after a night of drinking beers in the woods and saw my father out on my front porch, I was like oh shit, I'm buzzed whats he gonna say? He said "come here and look at this" he had a telescope pointed up at the stars, I looked in the viewer and saw Saturn and her rings from my front porch, I was amazed, it was so cool I couldn't believe it.

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
there's a real difference in playing a real piano vs one that is plugged in yet still has "real feel" weighted keys….

….i have an upright dominion built in bowmanville ontario from 1901 and there's nothing like actually feeling the pedals and hearing the nuances of it.

the creaks and echoes that resonate from it when you play is something that cannot be replicated digitally ……its an approximation.

which is fine, sure

you want to play a live show somewhere……ya, …take that portable piano what you can put in you car….

……but nothing beats the soul of wood, wire and steel

Last edited:

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Came home from work and saw the news about Daft Punk calling it quits. Not sure if I would call it an end of an era but they definitely had an extremely strong impact on electronic music and deservedly have a place cemented in history. Personally I'm not that big into electronic music but I definitely enjoyed most of their creations. "Homework" was an album that really helped introduce me more into that genre. Happy retirement to them I guess.

Now here's a song that always gets me going:

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Came home from work and saw the news about Daft Punk calling it quits. Not sure if I would call it an end of an era but they definitely had an extremely strong impact on electronic music and deservedly have a place cemented in history. Personally I'm not that big into electronic music but I definitely enjoyed most of their creations. "Homework" was an album that really helped introduce me more into that genre. Happy retirement to them I guess.

Now here's a song that always gets me going:

I still remember watching this on MTV and thinking it was the coolest music video:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->