Thrashers GM Settles in

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
After a briefing from the interm GM of the Thrashers, newly appointed GM Ryan Archer is ready to talk to the press. Obviously there is a lot of work to be done here in Atlanta, but I feel that I'm perfect for the job. I bring a lot of experience to the management team of the Thrashers. I am a veteran GM with lost of experience dealing with other GM's and hammering out deals that work for all involved. At this point there are a few deals in the process to get the Thrashers up to roster limits and achieve the 68 OV average. Those who had deals in the process I would like to talk to you and finalize those deals. I believe all the deals are reasonable and thank Drew for his hard work helping the team out in the absence of a GM.

As for my intentions for the team, other than making a few deals that go against my better judgment in order to make the OV Rule, I am looking to build the team around a strong youth base. Most of my high picks and blue chip prospects are staying put for the moment. I am willing to talk trades involving the players on my roster and the 4th to 7th picks of the next two years to help strengthen the team on the Ice. I have good cap space for those who need to dump some salary. I'm willing to talk any proposals you may have. My contact info is as follows.

Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]

For those who have pending deals with me I will be in contact or you can feel free to contact me.

Thanks!
Ryan Archer

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Welcome aboard, Ryan!

Our tradition of having multiple GMs with the same name continues, I see...

Matt, Matt, Rob, Rob, Martin, Martin (we used to have one or two other Martins as well), and the list goes on. Now it's Ryan. Seems like a good omen. ;)

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
Hey,

yeah you've been white listed now. For all those who get a bounceback from my crazy spam filter you can also reach me at [email protected]. As you may have noticed I'm a Gaborik fan and this is the first FHL team in which I don't have my favorite superstar. So the guy that has Gaborik can contact me, I am willing to part with Albelin...

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Welcome aboard, Ryan!

Matt, Matt, Rob, Rob, Martin, Martin (we used to have one or two other Martins as well), and the list goes on. Now it's Ryan. Seems like a good omen. ;)

Didnt we have five Martins at one point? Four as GM and one as assistant or? Tampa once had both the GM and assistant named Martin. Mr Loucher then left Tampa to run Calgary.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Didnt we have five Martins at one point? Four as GM and one as assistant or? Tampa once had both the GM and assistant named Martin. Mr Loucher then left Tampa to run Calgary.

Lets see... Martin Sedin, Martin Brassard, former GMs Martin Locher (CGY) and Martin Tremblay (COL). Was there another? Too many to keep track of :)

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Welcome aboard, Ryan!

You forgot the Seans! :eek: :)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Just a question Ryan,

Are we still on for the deal between the Panthers and Thrashers, that I had arranged with Drew? I ask only because I noticed the rosters got updated and a bunch of trades went through.

Just want to know where that stands, you can just answer here or send me an email.

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
Hey,

I do appreciate that you tried to help my team out before I came on board but I don't really think that deal helps me out all that much and I'd rather not do it. I am however looking for a 70ish forward or defenceman to complete my 70OV requirements, If anybody wants to dump an old forward or soon to be UFA on me for a draft pick just email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Ryan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad