THP 2018 NHL DRAFT GUIDE - Top 100 Prospects (free)

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Once again this year, I am offering a Free NHL Draft Guide to follow-up the one I made a year ago.

Again, just like last year a lot of people won't agree and that's fine as I just tend to call it the way I see it regardless of the consensus.

1 R. Dahlin, LD
2 F. Zadina, LW
3. E.Bouchard, RD
4. B. Tkachuk, LW
5. E. Svechnikov, RW
6. N. Dobson, RD
7. Q. Hughes, LD
8. O. Wahlstrom, RW
9. S. Noel, RW
10. B. Wilde, RD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my Top-1o last year :

1 M. Heiskanen, LD
2 N. Hischier, C
3 N. Patrick, C
4 J. Valimaki, LD
5 K. Vesalainen, LW
6 C. Timmins, RD
7 E. Tolvanen, RW
8 R Thomas, C
9 E. Pettersson, C/LW
10 G. Vilardi, C/RW

That 2017 Draft Guide is still available FREE just like this one.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/thp-2017-nhl-draft-guide-top-100-prospects-free.2360855/

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Great work as always. Some interesting rankings that I would disagree with, but kudos on the effort. Probably my favorite draft guide to look back on.

Reactions: derriko

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Very bold. I like hearing different opinions over people that just regurgitate the same lists with slight variations as the big ones.

I think that variation reflects teams actual lists more than the “consensus” ones. Every year you hear GM’s say “oh this guy was our pick even ten slots where we got him.”

Look like you hit some bit time risers like Vesalainen, Tolvanen, and Timmins, while had people like Pettersson too low.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Intersting to see Noel and Wilde over Farabee. Also, if Hughes slips a little I hope NYR try to move up to snag him.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
1 R. Dahlin, LD
2 F. Zadina, LW
3. E.Bouchard, RD
4. B. Tkachuk, LW
5. E. Svechnikov, RW
6. N. Dobson, RD
7. Q. Hughes, LD
8. O. Wahlstrom, RW
9. S. Noel, RW
10. B. Wilde, RD

Credit for not following suit.

Largely disagree with the bolded.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I must say that its a little worrying that you're not sure which Svechnikov brother is draft eligible

Reactions: Bozle

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Always love seeing people put together their own rankings and not paying attention to online consensus. I mean really, what's the fun in always coming to the same conclusions as other lists. I am very curious to know why you have Tkachuk and Bouchard ahead of Svechnikov though.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I must say that its a little worrying that you're not sure which Svechnikov brother is draft eligible

Lol you got me!! Not too many people know this but the 'E' is silent in Eandrei !

(I got like 4 hours sleep last night...that might explain it) :)

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Bender has been doing these lists for years and he's easily amongst my favorite to read and look back on. Prospect lists always tend to be towards the league consensus, consciously or otherwise. Bender's is always a bit awkward, a bit against the grain, but has his own style to it and well considered thoughts.

A few years back I remember he pegged Dylan Strome in the mid-teens and Aho above him. You won't always hit with these lists, but good reads. Keep it up buddy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad